Soundoff

ferentz4life

Anyone know when it starts? I am looking forward to hearing a cogent defense of the state of the program. I don't think the number of draft picks will cut it anymore.

So the "we got what we deserved" excuse appears to be the flavor of the month. Jon just repeated it again. Why don't we deserve a win? Bad coaching? Recruiting? Player development?

Last edited:
Why all the complaints from callers about the officiating? Iowa lost to the 116th rated team in the country, and it wasn't because of the referees.

Wow. The screeners must be doing a really good job today. Hardly any criticisms getting through, other than about the refs.

Uh oh. Brandon on I-80 tried to criticize Ferentz (complacency,etc), but his criticisms were summarily ignored by the crew.

Refs are only bad in the eyes of the loser especially with the penalty difference. Except those are all on the players. Too many dumb mistakes and being the 2nd to push when pushed. CMU did flop good, too. But seriously how many times do they have to react, just play the game and you would have won. I put this one on the players for mistakes and execution. I've been trained to know that the wasted timeouts are going to happen along with poor clock management. Sorry to say if Iowa wins 4 games or less then KF is on the hot seat, love what he's done, but it may be time to spice it up, but I'll wait a few more weeks to pass more judgement.

Caller Marty raised issue of Ferentz getting paid to much. Miller "focuses on economics" of it and says it costs too much to pay off his contract through 2020. True, and the logical follow-up point is why are we in that position? The answer: Barta. He made it financially impossible to make a change.

barta5.jpg

I DID GOOD RIGHT GUIZ?

If Ferentz continues to produce results like this, fans won't show up.

I'm sorry but Iowa needs to cut their losses and look for a new coach.

If Ferentz continues to produce results like this, fans won't show up.

I'm sorry but Iowa needs to cut their losses and look for a new coach.

You got $20 million? If not, maybe we can just say screw it and give Ferentz our B10 Network tv share and agree to part ways.