Sorry to the haters but that was great coaching!!

echo44

Say what you want but both Cincinnati and Tennessee Have way more talent and athleticism than us yet we won one
and took the #2 seed to overtime. I am proud of this season most had us finishing in the bottom of the big ten. We are on the edge to becoming a really good team!

Fran isn't a bad coach.. but he isn't great either.

What he needs is more speed at guard.. if he could figure that out he might start looking better and better.

I disagree, It was poor execution by the players because they were obviously way to nervous. I think Fran is pretty aware that Tennessee could not play at that level and pace the whole game so part of the plan was to absorb the punch for the first half and then punch back the second half. He rested his players at just the right times.

I disagree, It was poor execution by the players because they were obviously way to nervous. I think Fran is pretty aware that Tennessee could not play at that level and pace the whole game so part of the plan was to absorb the punch for the first half and then punch back the second half. He rested his players at just the right times.
He should have rested Moss the first 4:50 of overtime...

154614390.jpg.0.jpg

=

echo44chamber

My only gripe with the coaching today was in the OT. I wish they would have tried to double Williams immediately to get the ball out of his hands. Cook didn’t / couldn’t challenge him because of his fouls. Would have rather had someone besides the POY beat us.

Couldn’t be more wrong... Lastly Iowa is a great coach away from being really good. FACT!!

Great coaching = Victories.

Kind of silly premise. Hawks are promising if all come back. Like football there are good aspects but gaping holes. Generally a good coach won't consistently have gaping holes.

That said, this Iowa team is really the closets legit good team FM has had.

My only gripe with the coaching today was in the OT. I wish they would have tried to double Williams immediately to get the ball out of his hands. Cook didn’t / couldn’t challenge him because of his fouls. Would have rather had someone besides the POY beat us.

With Kernal Sanders on the bench you most definitely don’t allow Williams to beat you.

If everyone comes back Iowa would likely be a preseason top 3 team in the B1G next year.

-JBo (2nd team All B1G level)
-Moss (Average guard/good shooter)
-Wieskamp (2nd team All B1G level)
-Cook (2nd team All B1G level (1st?))
-Garza (2nd team All B1G level)

If Joe T and Nunge can improve our defense, and rebounding, you’d be looking at a pretty quality basketball team. Fran would need I better manage the rotation and minutes.

It will be an interesting offseason. Cook is likely gone, but who knows.

Moss got out of control but the last few possessions, when needed some 3 balls, Fran had both Dailey and Connor in there on both offense and defense. Webber had some good observations today BUT when Fran brought in Connor, Webber said he was bringing in another shooter. ?? Since we don't set many screens to free shooters at least Moss can get open on his own.

Webber's best point was basically how Iowa plays too much street ball and we don't have those kind of players that can create their own shots. Much better when playing inside out and as a team. I think that is what happened coming down the stretch of conference play. ??

Great comeback though. Just needed more intensity in first half.

Latest posts