Sorry to the haters but that was great coaching!!

Why the F is it that all of the Fran lovers come out and say "to all the haters"? We watch theses games just like you do and yet, we're the one's who point out Iowa's weaknesses and strengths when due instead of sitting back, handing participation ribbons for a "super" effort and the "geez if only a couple of shots couldve fallen". I don't have the answers, I just want Iowa to win and be competitive 40 minutes, not just 20. You can't tell me you haven't muttered " wow Cook that was stupid", oh no, not on here . You might be revered as a weak ass. At least I can get pissy and make blame when I see it. If it's the coach or a player, I don't care, but I sleep just fine at night. Screw all the Fran lovers. If you're on the court or the field, you are playing to win, not just participate.

I am Fran, Head Basketball Coach at Iowa. And you’re not.

My only gripe with the coaching today was in the OT. I wish they would have tried to double Williams immediately to get the ball out of his hands. Cook didn’t / couldn’t challenge him because of his fouls. Would have rather had someone besides the POY beat us.
This exactly

I disagree, It was poor execution by the players because they were obviously way to nervous. I think Fran is pretty aware that Tennessee could not play at that level and pace the whole game so part of the plan was to absorb the punch for the first half and then punch back the second half. He rested his players at just the right times.
c'mon dude that's BS....you don't plan on absorbing a 25 point punch...nerves affects shooting and maybe passing but not knowing who or where to go on D has almost nothing to do with nerves. Fran and staff did do a good job of coaching in the NCAA tourney absolutely and I'm sure they went over who to watch and guard. Thee only issue I would call Fran out on is his game plan today shoulda been what they did the entire second half play more half court offense do not get into a running match with superior speed...yet here we were trying to run up and down which got us way down.

c'mon dude that's BS....you don't plan on absorbing a 25 point punch...nerves affects shooting and maybe passing but not knowing who or where to go on D has almost nothing to do with nerves. Fran and staff did do a good job of coaching in the NCAA tourney absolutely and I'm sure they went over who to watch and guard. Thee only issue I would call Fran out on is his game plan today shoulda been what they did the entire second half play more half court offense do not get into a running match with superior speed...yet here we were trying to run up and down which got us way down.
i
This is spot on. We wanted to play in a track meet. Why?

I am curious to see how Painter prepares for Tennessee. I would be surprised if he doesn't try to limit their possessions and avoids the track meet.

Painter is the most underrated coach in the country imo. He is not always blessed with an abundance of talent either.

This Tennessee beat writer gets it:

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/spor...tball-iowa-purdue-ncaa-tournament/3207376002/

Don’t expect the Boilermakers to be as accommodating as Iowa was in the first half. The Hawkeyes prefer a fast-paced game, but their attempt to play that way against a much faster team proved disastrous.

Not hating on Fran, but I don't really think it was great coaching to be down by 25 at half.

Yeah, I think the most puzzling thing to me is the 1st half of both games how little urgency we seemed to play with. 2nd have we played with a tenacity we haven't seen often. How or why do we not come out like that for the 40 min? Just puzzling. Either lack of leadership on the player end or coaching.

Latest posts