Someone sell me on reasons to watch 15' Iowa football.

We run trick plays on Kick returns that you don't even see in flag football.

Next year we may alternate QBs every other play, rather than every other drive.

Or maybe we'll run a brand new innovative offense that has 2 QBs in shotgun formation and the center can snap to either depending on the play call. This way Kirk doesn't have to choose between the 2.

We run trick plays on Kick returns that you don't even see in flag football.Next year we may alternate QBs every other play, rather than every other drive. Or maybe we'll run a brand new innovative offense that has 2 QBs in shotgun formation and the center can snap to either depending on the play call. This way Kirk doesn't have to choose between the 2.
I can get behind these ideas, as long as the kickoff trick plays involve throwing the ball forward toward the other team while falling out of bounds.

Hawknick we need your help. :)
images

Give me your best sales pitch on why to even bother watching it, much less going to the home games. Just curious if anyone can come up with something.

You could be a cyclown fan there tickets go for about 3 bucks every year. Then they claim the stadium is full because the fans like Paul Rhodes. My daughters like the clowns I paid 30 buck for 10 tickets the last game. I still think I over paid.

You could be a cyclown fan there tickets go for about 3 bucks every year. Then they claim the stadium is full because the fans like Paul Rhodes. My daughters like the clowns I paid 30 buck for 10 tickets the last game. I still think I over paid.
You suck at sales! Anything else?

I will watch and only because I am a fan. I hate the idea of not renewing our tickets. Have had them for 15 years and have pretty good seats. But over the last 4 years I have really struggled to go to many games and have zero excitement about the team or program. And when we do go, we usually end up leaving mad or disappointed. We will see, it seems like this year is the year to speak up without buying tickets. But if we do give up the tix I will still watch, just like a train wreck, I can't take my eyes off of it.

Give me your best sales pitch on why to even bother watching it, much less going to the home games. Just curious if anyone can come up with something.
Oh, I don't know.... doesn't really matter if you show up or not. Iowa football has been going on for 100+ years, and will probably keep going on with or without you. I forget, what was your question? Please find something else to do with your time....

Obviously the program is not where people want it to be. And yes I think you have every right to go on a fan based website and complain and question, and make suggestions, etc. If you need a reason to watch Iowa football other than its "Iowa Football" then maybe instead of asking for a reason you should just stop watching.

Scream & yell & complain on these boards, but if you can't find a reason to watch and support the Iowa Hawkeyes every year win or lose, then you're no Hawk fan. You're a fair weather bandwagon Clown fan! Who needs ya. Hawk fans bleed black and gold and they support the young men who wear the uniforms and work hard to entertain us.

I would pay money to see 15' Iowa Football. Given our inability to defend the edges, and the way we like to play offense in a phone booth, I think 15' would be the perfect width for Iowa football.

Screen passes for 3 yards... they have been playing 9' football for years now. And you expect them to add 2 whole yards... too many high expectations bringing this program down. /sarcasm off

Fair weather fans begone with you.

$5.00 tickets. I promise you, the days of scalpers at Kinnick are over. People will be giving away tickets. Cheap fall afternoon. Go to the game with no expectations, have a few beers and enjoy yourself.

Should be plenty of legroom in Kinnick. No more being squeezed by fatties.

One of the best so far..Can't tell you how many times I have been boxed in by overweight drunks badly in need of a shower. (especially bad on those September afternoons.)

Latest posts