Someone sell me on reasons to watch 15' Iowa football.

We run trick plays on Kick returns that you don't even see in flag football.

Next year we may alternate QBs every other play, rather than every other drive.

Or maybe we'll run a brand new innovative offense that has 2 QBs in shotgun formation and the center can snap to either depending on the play call. This way Kirk doesn't have to choose between the 2.
The only concern for KF and Iowa's QBs is that he's able to keep both for 2015. So, alternating QBs (every snap?) might do the job. Makes about as much sense as any other play call...

Plain and simple why should you care about a program who doesn’t care about their fans. From the game day experience down to the lack of action to turn this football program around. At least they are trying to do something in basketball (that is yet to be seen as a success).

Am I still a fan yes, but they make it more difficult to be a fan every day.

They need to start with announcing the firing of Gary Barta. If they do that then you can have hope for the future of Iowa athletics. Until then I have no faith in his ability to lead an athletic department. I am not Jamie Pollard’s biggest fan, but what he has managed to do with ISU is impressive and I respect him. They have a terrible football program, but he’s made it clear if things are not better in 2015 changes be a coming. He knows how to sell hope. There is no more hope to sell in I.C. What do IOWA fans get “well that’s footballâ€￾ “were a developmental schoolâ€￾ blah blah blah. They have put crap in a box and stamped a guarantee on it.

Give me your best sales pitch on why to even bother watching it, much less going to the home games. Just curious if anyone can come up with something.

No, you should stop watching. I can tell by the way you phrased your question that you are an individual who takes the college game way too seriously. The Hawkeyes will never live up to your lofty expectations. You need to move on and either find a new team or just stop watching college football all together....

Last edited:
There's only one way to spin 2015: and that is to go into it with no expectations. Be happy when they win, and find a few positives when they lose. Enjoy going to Kinnick, having a brat and burger and beer at a tailgate. Enjoy the weather when it's nice.

But have NO expectations to win, not even a single game. And then you will be less likely to be disappointed.

That being said, I see us most likely going 5-7 next year. So yeah, enjoy those 5 wins as much as you can, and enjoy whatever you can at the other 7, whether it's a brat, beer, or whatever.

Not sure it's a reason to watch Iowa football next year, but having no expectations for next year is sound advice. For those only familiar with Iowa football since Hayden Fry, no expectations is how Iowa football fans got through the 60s and 70s. Wow. I can't believe I just resourced Iowa football from the Lauterbur days as the approach to take for the next season.

No, you should stop watching. I can tell by the way you phrased your question that you are an individual who takes the college game way too seriously. The Hawkeyes will never live up to your lofty expectations. You need to move on and either find a new team or just stop watching college football all together....

"This is Iowa sports. It's what you're going to get. Deal with it."

Isn't much incentive, is it?

I guess I take it too seriously then, too. College sports = same programs, year in and year out, dominating the sport, and nobody else has much of a realistic chance. It does get old.

Myself, I'd be happy with 9-3 type seasons. Is that too much to ask for?

Oh shut the **** up. This is the 21st century and college football is a multi-billion dollar industry. The only way fans who want to see change can make their voices heard is by speaking with their wallets. I wish there were a way to support the players without supporting Ferentz, but there isn't. I can't go to a game to support the players without also casting a tantamount vote of support for Ferentz in the accountants' books.

Where do you get off telling anyone to shut up. Does he not have a right to his opinion same as you ?

I love water boarding, getting my finger nails removed with pliers, and watching Lickliter basketball re-runs. I'm good. :)

That's not true. I'm gifted with few things. One of them is being able to grasp the big picture. The "big picture" is telling me we will never win a BIG title under KF again. It's telling me we will never even make a BIG championship game under KF. There are several reasons why I believe this and would be willing to bet large sums of money on it. I won't bother trying to explain them to you, however. Anyone who embraces mediocrity couldn't begin to understand them.

party with the drunk coeds on Melrose - they will still be there!!! Get our status up to NO 1 party school once again!!!!

Its fun to watch the Iowa cheerleaders. If Iowa falls behind by a lot of points its always fun to watch the expression on other peoples faces. Its enjoyable to watch the effort the players put in. If Ferentz didn't make so much money, it would be fun watching him chew gum when Iowa gets behind. The atmosphere at the games is enjoyable.

The new depth chart is in.
The new depth chart is in.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SteveMartinPhoneBook_238x270.jpg
    SteveMartinPhoneBook_238x270.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
That's not true. I'm gifted with few things. One of them is being able to grasp the big picture. The "big picture" is telling me we will never win a BIG title under KF again. It's telling me we will never even make a BIG championship game under KF. There are several reasons why I believe this and would be willing to bet large sums of money on it. I won't bother trying to explain them to you, however. Anyone who embraces mediocrity couldn't begin to understand them.
Thanks for proving my point. You take the game too seriously.....

Latest posts