Someone sell me on reasons to watch 15' Iowa football.

$5.00 tickets. I promise you, the days of scalpers at Kinnick are over. People will be giving away tickets. Cheap fall afternoon. Go to the game with no expectations, have a few beers and enjoy yourself.
There ya go. Something constructive and on topic. I don't know why some of these other morons couldn't figure it out...but I digress.

Scream & yell & complain on these boards, but if you can't find a reason to watch and support the Iowa Hawkeyes every year win or lose, then you're no Hawk fan. You're a fair weather bandwagon Clown fan! Who needs ya. Hawk fans bleed black and gold and they support the young men who wear the uniforms and work hard to entertain us.

Oh shut the **** up. This is the 21st century and college football is a multi-billion dollar industry. The only way fans who want to see change can make their voices heard is by speaking with their wallets. I wish there were a way to support the players without supporting Ferentz, but there isn't. I can't go to a game to support the players without also casting a tantamount vote of support for Ferentz in the accountants' books.

Always a ray of sunshine Hawknick. Thank you for being a beacon of hope in these dark time. ;)

Give me your best sales pitch on why to even bother watching it, much less going to the home games. Just curious if anyone can come up with something.

In general the congestion in and around the stadium should be a lot easier to deal with.

Watching Fry's last season was painful. He was loved by the fans, but stayed a bit too long, realized it, & got out instead of holding the university hostage. Ferentz has gone from a stoic, polite, likable, smart coach to a smug, arrogant, defensive simpleton with a head set. Watching him go down in flames might actually be kinda fun.

The B1G West is still a collection of some of the poorest teams in the Power 5 landscape. Its not out of the realm of possible that Iowa wins a few games at Kinnick next year.

As a diehard of 35 years... I can honestly say there is nothing to sell. In past years you could always look forward to having a veteran team returning.... Or exciting schedule... Or competing for a NY bowl.... Now... There is nothing to sell. We know what the product is... It's been the same product for 16 years... Now, it's simply outdated. Like trying to convince someone to buy a VCR.

Keep in mind sometimes its never as bad as it looks, although this feels bad. I don't know if he will do it but if he starts CJB next year, I can see Iowa contending for the West. For these reasons.

1. There will be no expectations but a big chip on the shoulder. I never bought into this in the past but it seems to always happen with Iowa football.
2. If Canzeri and Daniels can stay healthy the running game can be a lot better suite for Iowa. Weisman had his place but he should never have been running wide constantly, he didn't have the athleticism. Even if they have to go to Wadley he has some experience now.
3. DT is the spot Iowa has the most recruited talent to replace the existing starters. Cooper, Johnson & Ekakite were all 4 star recruits and have some experience with Johnson and Cooper a lot.
4. A starting linebacking core of Jewell, Bowers, & Perry with maybe Spearman(although he would probably be a better DE) is better than this year's starting linebacker core.
5. I think Iowa could be better at every spot next year except OT & DT, but I think DT's can fill the position well see point #3.
6. If 2015 goes well many of those players are back for 2016 but unfortunately then conversely see point #1.

***Unfortunately, I could also see CJB transferring or KF going with Rudock and Iowa going 6-6 or something like that.

Go Win5002. Good stuff. Its a pretty tame schedule. If KF gets out of his own way, maybe, just maybe, we will win those close games again.

Come see us continue our streak of 56 games without a blocked or missed PAT! 168 straight kicks! Longest streak in the freaking nation! As an added bonus, watch the only FBS team in the country with two scholarship punters, who are both in the same class!

Last edited:
There's only one way to spin 2015: and that is to go into it with no expectations. Be happy when they win, and find a few positives when they lose. Enjoy going to Kinnick, having a brat and burger and beer at a tailgate. Enjoy the weather when it's nice.

But have NO expectations to win, not even a single game. And then you will be less likely to be disappointed.

That being said, I see us most likely going 5-7 next year. So yeah, enjoy those 5 wins as much as you can, and enjoy whatever you can at the other 7, whether it's a brat, beer, or whatever.

I will watch and only because I am a fan. I hate the idea of not renewing our tickets. Have had them for 15 years and have pretty good seats. But over the last 4 years I have really struggled to go to many games and have zero excitement about the team or program. And when we do go, we usually end up leaving mad or disappointed. We will see, it seems like this year is the year to speak up without buying tickets. But if we do give up the tix I will still watch, just like a train wreck, I can't take my eyes off of it.

I will still watch on TV but, similar to basketball during the horrible days of Licklitter, I will not be buying season FB tickets until there is a coaching change. Not comparing the overall body of work between Coach Licklitter and Coach Ferentz, it's just that "butts in seats" is the only way middle class fans can send a message that it is time for a change. Except for his stubbornness, Coach Ferentz appears to be a great guy and had coaching and recruiting philosophies that worked well at one time. Unfortunately, that time has passed.

I'm a Hawkeye. I love the Hawks. That's reason enough to watch. I will attend all the home games like I always do, and I will watch all the away games. I'll grumble to my fellow Hawk fan friends about the state of the program, but I will keep supporting them.

That said, I expect Kinnick to be a lot different next season. I think there will be a lot of extra leg room due to a decline in ticket sales, and I think the attitude has really turned amongst the loyal fans that do show up. I expect a lot of booing when the offense stumbles and the play-calling becomes ridiculously stupid. I expect the tailgating scene to suck next year...much like it did this year, and I expect Iowa to lose a game or 2 at home that they have no business losing. I also expect the student section to continue to decline in attendance which is really a barometer for the condition of the program.

I never boo the play calling or the coaches because I don't want the players thinking that the boos are directed at them, but I predict a lot of booing from the crowd if the offense operates the same as it did in 2014. Kirk had better look in the mirror and make the necessary changes or he is going to get what he deserves from the fans. I won't feel sorry for him one bit.

Your a cry baby.

You're not so good at teh English.

To the OP's question:

I will not be contributing to the I Club next year.
I will not renew my season tickets.

By any objective measure (poor recruiting, poor game management, poor player development in recent years, lack of improvement through the season, and an inability to beat important rivals), this program needs a re-boot.

I have been going to Iowa games pretty much my whole life, but I'm not supporting this tire fire. KF was a great coach. He has not handled things well in recent years (OMG everything about that bowl game epitomized what's wrong with the KF regime).

It is time. He needs to "retire" or be fired. This is not a charity.

Perhaps money is the only thing that talks with this Athletic Department.

As a diehard of 35 years... I can honestly say there is nothing to sell. In past years you could always look forward to having a veteran team returning.... Or exciting schedule... Or competing for a NY bowl.... Now... There is nothing to sell. We know what the product is... It's been the same product for 16 years... Now, it's simply outdated. Like trying to convince someone to buy a VCR.

This is a great quote, and absolutely spot on.

Recruiting to Iowa: "Hey, we'll throw in a free year at Blockbuster."

Not everyone gets to enjoy 4 million dollars worth of coaching like you and I.

Please don't deny yourself this treat.

ec

Scream & yell & complain on these boards, but if you can't find a reason to watch and support the Iowa Hawkeyes every year win or lose, then you're no Hawk fan. You're a fair weather bandwagon Clown fan! Who needs ya. Hawk fans bleed black and gold and they support the young men who wear the uniforms and work hard to entertain us.

You're the one that sounds like the clown fan standing on the grassy knoll yelling their excitement for the 2-10 season.

Give me your best sales pitch on why to even bother watching it, much less going to the home games. Just curious if anyone can come up with something.

It's still an excuse to sit on the couch and drink beer for 3 hours instead of doing yard work.

Latest posts