Somebody, tell me what a PG is.

If you want to say he isn't a point guard because he can't drive the lane, that's one thing. But defense has nothing to do with what position you are or aren't when you can't defend any position. Bohannon being bad on defense means he's not a great player. It doesn't say anything about his position.

Jfc, another thread that turns into everyone bashing JBO. You can debate whether he is a 1 or a 2, but he is a decent guard in a power 6 conference. Not a 1/2 a guard or 1/3 of a guard nonsense.

He can’t get his own shot on a roster full of guys who can’t get their own shot. He can’t play defense along with everyone else on this roster. He isn’t your “traditional” point guard we get it.

Jfc, another thread that turns into everyone bashing JBO. You can debate whether he is a 1 or a 2, but he is a decent guard in a power 6 conference. Not a 1/2 a guard or 1/3 of a guard nonsense.

He can’t get his own shot on a roster full of guys who can’t get their own shot. He can’t play defense along with everyone else on this roster. He isn’t your “traditional” point guard we get it.
So what would you say he is? 5/6th of a guard?

It starts and ends here. Everything all wrapped up in one. In my opinion, the greatest basketball player to ever lace them up. He did everything and had less of what other great players had o'plenty...selfishness.

76b55f4db78f2f6b8f42a4ef29575cea.jpg

It's the same thing.
Saying he's 1/2 a guard is just another way of saying he has limitations and attaching a % to him, according to what those limitations subtract from a complete player.
You can do it for any player in college basketball.

If you don't have much of a functioning PG...you lose about 18 games...

Even idiots and morons can see this...

It's the same thing.
Saying he's 1/2 a guard is just another way of saying he has limitations and attaching a % to him, according to what those limitations subtract from a complete player.
You can do it for any player in college basketball.

Exactly my point.....So why treat JBO as some scrub that should be playing for some NAIA school? No offense to kids playing NAIA. Yeah, on some teams he is coming off the bench, giving you 12-15 minutes a game as a spot up shooter, but I guess I don’t get the vitriol towards JBO as if he was a “traditional” point guard all of Iowa’s problems would be solved .

Exactly my point.....So why treat JBO as some scrub that should be playing for some NAIA school? No offense to kids playing NAIA. Yeah, on some teams he is coming off the bench, giving you 12-15 minutes a game as a spot up shooter, but I guess I don’t get the vitriol towards JBO as if he was a “traditional” point guard all of Iowa’s problems would be solved .

JBo is no scrub. I know you and I agree on this. Hell, folks, JBo is playing out of position but he gave 100% of everything he had and tried to find more. The kid deserves respect. And, oh by the way, he IS an elite shooter. Folks need to learn to separate a critique from a criticism. at talk about it from an x's and o's point of view instead of an attack on the kid.

JBo is no scrub. I know you and I agree on this. Hell, folks, JBo is playing out of position but he gave 100% of everything he had and tried to find more. The kid deserves respect. And, oh by the way, he IS an elite shooter. Folks need to learn to separate a critique from a criticism. at talk about it from an x's and o's point of view instead of an attack on the kid.

I realize most people won’t agree with this, but I would be okay with JBo at the point if he had a legit running mate at the 2 guard spot. The words “legit” and “consistent” are interchangeable in this discussion.

I realize most people won’t agree with this, but I would be okay with JBo at the point if he had a legit running mate at the 2 guard spot. The words “legit” and “consistent” are interchangeable in this discussion.

i don't disagree. but that running mate would need to be better with defensive foot speed. That is what I envisioned CM to be. I see CM as qucker and with more length. That is what losing CW cost us.

i don't disagree. but that running mate would need to be better with defensive foot speed. That is what I envisioned CM to be. I see CM as qucker and with more length. That is what losing CW cost us.

Disagree. I think Connor will be more efficient and execute the offense better late in games. Think about the times where Gesell/JBo were dribbling the basketball with no where to go with it, with a chance to tie or take the lead.

We are going to find out if Fran is truly a choking dog late in games. Because his son will have the ball in his hands and JBo will be running the baseline off screens.

Defensively, Conner doesn’t bring much to the table, unless he can get people in the right spot. And you have to be an alpha dog to be that guy. Being that guy on the same team that your father coaches ain’t easy. It can be done, it is not easy, though.

JB is a good player, just not a PG...too slow...no quicks...no D...

Tweener SG with spirit...nice to have as the 7th or 8th option on the bench...playing minutes...shooting...

That said, he is who we have...and that is worth about 14 wins and a contract enhancer...

I'm not wrong about it. The fact that you don't like it, is of no consequence to me. That's a you problem.

Recruiting = Results in football and basketball

IOWA is a three star program.................. until the AD and the Current Men’s basketball and football coach are gone NOTHING is going to change.

Why would we want anything to change...we won the Pinstripe Bowl.

We beat Michigan who was in the title game.

Too many moron and idiots...that's the problem...

Fran gets an enhanced contract...Kirk works his strategic plan to keep his family in the coin...

What's not to like about this picture?

Why would we want anything to change...we won the Pinstripe Bowl.

We beat Michigan who was in the title game.

Too many moron and idiots...that's the problem...

Fran gets an enhanced contract...Kirk works his strategic plan to keep his family in the coin...

What's not to like about this picture?
We didn't beat Michigan. We came close to beating Michigan. Which is some huge milestone that can accurately paint a picture of how Iowa basketball is on the rise. Building a new regional power house, Is the prediction, I believe.