Some thoughts on Yesterday

longtimer

Really enjoyed the day as it was a festive crowd and decent weather. But as many fans sitting near me were heard to say "Iowa is painful to watch"

Iowa is 5-1 and won't be ranked and doesn't deserve to be ranked

Hill is not a good QB! No touch and accuracy is a big problem. Not the answer but unfortunately we don"t have an answer

3rd and 1 at a critical time of the game and we run a delay hand off for a loss with a 260 pound QB and center that Ferentz raves about??

A game of football takes over 3 hrs to complete Must of been at least 20 TV timeouts. I miss games in the past that were not on TV I now hate Peacock

The big positive is we won and didn't score 25

Next week could be unpleasant

I laughed when Stevens missed that FG at the end, because I'm sure BF cringed at the result. This is so entertaining to watch throughout the year even though it is really insignificant in the end.

A game of football takes over 3 hrs to complete Must of been at least 20 TV timeouts. I miss games in the past that were not on TV I now hate Peacock

It's not just Peacock. I read somewhere the average number of plays in between commercials/official timeouts has dropped significantly.

In person, there's a lot of watching the clock countdown on the scoreboard while players stand around.

Watching the multicast on YouTubeTV....there's 4 games on the screen. And 2 are always in commercial. Often 3.

Yes. Watching this offense is just frustrating.
I used to get jealous of watching other teams sling the ball to receivers dashing down the seam.

Now I get jealous of teams that simply can get a first down or two.

It's not just Peacock. I read somewhere the average number of plays in between commercials/official timeouts has dropped significantly.

In person, there's a lot of watching the clock countdown on the scoreboard while players stand around.

Watching the multicast on YouTubeTV....there's 4 games on the screen. And 2 are always in commercial. Often 3.

Yes. Watching this offense is just frustrating.
I used to get jealous of watching other teams sling the ball to receivers dashing down the seam.

Now I get jealous of teams that simply can get a first down or two.
This is Hayden fry all over again the program will be run in to the ground only difference is there may not be someone to pick the pieces up this time around.

Funny thing is, any other offensive. Coordinator would have been fired by now.. Defense will be on the field way too much next week.. camp randall is a tough place to play

Fixed it for ya.
Are tight end U thing is about to come to a end also to so we won’t have anything to hang are hats on . Why would kids want to come to Iowa ? The people drinking Kirks koolade are going to have to get burned bad before they see the light while the rest of us suffer kinda like how the country is run these days

Are tight end U thing is about to come to an end also to so we won’t have anything to hang are hats on . Why would kids want to come to Iowa ? The people drinking Kirks koolade are going to have to get burned bad before they see the light while the rest of us suffer kinda like how the country is run these days
What in the world are you basing this prediction on? Luke was continuing the tight end tradition. All is picking up where he left off. Stillianos and Ostrenga show signs of becoming the next great tight ends. There’s no reason to think that our tight ends will not continue to be great unless we fire the Ferentzes.

What in the world are you basing this prediction on? Luke was continuing the tight end tradition. All is picking up where he left off. Stillianos and Ostrenga show signs of becoming the next great tight ends. There’s no reason to think that our tight ends will not continue to be great unless we fire the Ferentzes.
There not getting the exposure they use to unless are recuriting picks up at QBs and at are offensive line recruiting have everything to do with it .

Was at Kinnick for the first time in many years and had a great time. It's easy to forget just how special that place is. Hung out with several player's parents and they were high-quality people across the board. The Iowa coaches have always emphasized recruiting from quality families, and you definitely can feel that.

The offense was painful to watch the majority of the game. It was feast or famine for the offensive line. Absolutely no consistency with that unit. If we even want to sniff a chance at the B1G championship there is going to have to be dramatic improvement there.

Deacon looked like a QB in his first major action in a long time. You can see the arm talent, but right now he has no rhythm or timing with anyone running a route. That's going to take reps - a lot of them. Hard to see them gelling before a pivotal game next week.

I agree about that 3rd and 1 call. If you choose to run the ball, fine, but a slowly developing interior run in that situation makes zero sense when you have a huge QB that can gain two yards simply stumbling forward, especially knowing that you have an offensive line that struggles to seal or move anyone.

Our D and special teams had some uncharacteristic hiccups but those units have more than earned a pass there.

All-in-all, a great homecoming.

The Purdue game yesterday was probably the most enjoyable game I've sat through all year long.

I guess it was the D-line, the long run, the running game, the pass defense, the just enough offense, the tackle eligible throwback screen attempt, the lead from the outset. Ya the throws were way off - like something I've never seen but at least they were throwing the ball, at least they weren't getting sacked like 2022.

Relatively speaking it was ok. Acceptance

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation – some face of my life – unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God’s world by mistake. Until I could accept my hawkalcoholism, I could not stay sane; unless I accept life completely on life’s terms, I cannot be happy. Ineed to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to bechanged in me and my attitudes

I kinda think 7.2 yards per carry is pretty good. (NB: Some idiot will come up with the “but,but, a lot of yards came on a couple of plays” logic, ignoring the fact that high yards per carry is usually based on some chunk plays.). Oh well.

Not drinking the koolade , huckfinn has to quit drinking that Wisconsin river water you could get parasites to the brain.
I take care of the parasites with a healthy supply of Tito’s. Headlock, with your maladies, you may want to imbibe.

Lol, some of the barbs back and forth on this forum is much more entertaining than watching an Iowa offense.

Lol, some of the barbs back and forth on this forum is much more entertaining than watching an Iowa offense.
Got to get entertainment somewhere iowa’s offense is like paint drying. High school football in Des Moines is much more exciting.

Are tight end U thing is about to come to a end also to so we won’t have anything to hang are hats on . Why would kids want to come to Iowa ? The people drinking Kirks koolade are going to have to get burned bad before they see the light while the rest of us suffer kinda like how the country is run these days
Why would tight end U come to an end? Saturday was atrocious, and even with this, All had a few yards shy of a bill and a touch...TE's should be tripping all over themselves to be next in line...now WR's, that's another story.

Latest posts