Some things that have come out now that the Uthoff things is over

SpiderRico

1. Bo apparently couldn't get Uthoff to talk to him after the phone call on his vacation so Bo could ascertain the reason Uthoff was leaving.

2. Uthoff didn't deliver his transfer request letter himself. He had a friend take it to the athletic's office for him.

3. Iowa State was added to the restricted list when Bo was given information that ISU may be contacting Uthoff before the transfer release was granted. Bo couldn't find this out because Uthoff wouldn't talk to him.

4. The restricted list was made purposefully long to force Uthoff through the appeals process to get him to admit why he was leaving since he wasn't communicating with anyone.

Perception certainly is reality and Bo and Wisky made our public relations dept look downright genius, but there was certainly culpability all the way around. But the bottom line is that the "adults" in this situation certainly didn't do themselves in favors by how they handled it and Uthoff certainly could have given more courtesy in how he handled it as well.

It was clear that Bo was ticked that Uthoff didn't talk to him up-front, but he just sounded so petty on the radio. I doubt that when Bo was contacted by Wisconsin, he gathered his players to discuss why he was going to be leaving them before reaching agreement.

4. The restricted list was made purposefully long to force Uthoff through the appeals process to get him to admit why he was leaving since he wasn't communicating with anyone.

At least that's the claim being made by the Wisconsin athletic department. And it may be true. But it's an awfully public and twisted path if the intent is solely to force a kid to talk.

On the other hand, perhaps it's simply an attempt to save face.

Bo Ryan got ticked off when Uthoff decided to transfer without meeting with him face to face. Like a vindictive ex girlfriend/wife, he said I'll show you.
Here's a list of 26 schools you cannot go to.

No to B1G? Of course, that makes sense.
No to Marquette? Well, maybe. They are in 'Sconsin's recruiting backyard. So OK, I'll let it pass.
No to ISU? Ridiculous. That's just being petty.
No to Florida? Dumb.
No to entire ACC? Now that is just pathetic, childish, and reels of vindictiveness.

Bo you just screwed yourself for recruiting in Iowa and anywhere outside Wisconsin. This will be used against you for years.
Shoot-yourself-in-the-foot.jpg

You can polish a turd, but a turd it shall be. There are better ways to handle the situation and claiming you aren't familiar with how to because no one ever transfers doesn't cut it. UW is trying to save face, and they should as much as possible, but they have made their own bed...

Every transfer is basically a variation of "I don't like the coach.". Stomping his feet and crying about how a 19 year old handled it is pathetic.

1. Bo apparently couldn't get Uthoff to talk to him after the phone call on his vacation so Bo could ascertain the reason Uthoff was leaving.

2. Uthoff didn't deliver his transfer request letter himself. He had a friend take it to the athletic's office for him.

3. Iowa State was added to the restricted list when Bo was given information that ISU may be contacting Uthoff before the transfer release was granted. Bo couldn't find this out because Uthoff wouldn't talk to him.

Perception certainly is reality and Bo and Wisky made our public relations dept look downright genius, but there was certainly culpability all the way around. But the bottom line is that the "adults" in this situation certainly didn't do themselves in favors by how they handled it and Uthoff certainly could have given more courtesy in how he handled it as well.
Personally, I hate it when someone says "Perception is reality," because it REALLY isn't. Just because it is perceived as reality from a certain point of view because someone might not be informed doesn't make it reality nor does it mean someone has to tell the real story just because people outside of the situation don't understand what is going on.

Perception is NOT reality. It is just an easy out for people so they can put a nice bow around a story and call it a day, in their own mind.

Personally, I hate it when someone says "Perception is reality," because it REALLY isn't. Just because it is perceived as reality from a certain point of view because someone might not be informed doesn't make it reality nor does it mean someone has to tell the real story just because people outside of the situation don't understand what is going on.

Perception is NOT reality. It is just an easy out for people so they can put a nice bow around a story and call it a day, in their own mind.

Dude, don't even get me started. This is such an overused and misused cliche'. The true essence of it is "some people are too f***ing stupid to think through things...so they go with the simple, shallow, version rather than try"

Perception is reality...for those too damn stupid to make an effort. That's largely why we're in the muck we are...as a culture and country.

Totally agree about perception not being reality. People watch the tube and assume everything they hear and see is truth instead of doing their own research on the subject.

Bo Ryan got ticked off when Uthoff decided to transfer without meeting with him face to face. Like a vindictive ex girlfriend/wife, he said I'll show you.
Here's a list of 26 schools you cannot go to.

No to B1G? Of course, that makes sense.
No to Marquette? Well, maybe. They are in 'Sconsin's recruiting backyard. So OK, I'll let it pass.
No to ISU? Ridiculous. That's just being petty.
No to Florida? Dumb.
No to entire ACC? Now that is just pathetic, childish, and reels of vindictiveness.

Bo you just screwed yourself for recruiting in Iowa and anywhere outside Wisconsin. This will be used against you for years.
Shoot-yourself-in-the-foot.jpg
I like this very much.....

:)

Dude, don't even get me started. This is such an overused and misused cliche'. The true essence of it is "some people are too f***ing stupid to think through things...so they go with the simple, shallow, version rather than try"

Perception is reality...for those too damn stupid to make an effort. That's largely why we're in the muck we are...as a culture and country.

Take a deep breath.

I get the impression that Uthoff was not a big fan of Bo Ryan before he requested a transfer. It makes me wonder if there is not more to the story that has not come out.

You can polish a turd, but a turd it shall be. There are better ways to handle the situation and claiming you aren't familiar with how to because no one ever transfers doesn't cut it. UW is trying to save face, and they should as much as possible, but they have made their own bed...

Ignorantia juris non excusat

Well that's your perspective. ;)

perception actually is reality. it doesnt matter how someone means something or intends it. it is about how people perceive what you do. you can mean something to be funny and it be perceived as racist/sexist/other. that is what sticks with people. simple truth.

Latest posts