Some SEC dude on ESPN radio just said...

skinnykilmer17

that the Big Ten is not very good this year

AND

Iowa is not a good football team. Nor is Northwestern.

BUT

Stanford plays the type of football that could compete in the SEC.

AND you don't need a good QB to be successful in the SEC. It's all about defense and running backs.

Discuss amongst yourselves...

that the Big Ten is not very good this year

AND

Iowa is not a good football team. Nor is Northwestern.

BUT

Stanford plays the type of football that could compete in the SEC.

AND you don't need a good QB to be successful in the SEC. It's all about defense and running backs.

Discuss amongst yourselves...

Ask LSU how well it went without a serviceable QB last Saturday. The other arguments are not worth waisting time on. Iowa pounded Northwestern. Northwestern beat Stanford. Nuff said.

I'm finding it harder and harder to follow anything related to ESPN these days. I'm not going to get on the soap box but the blatant bias that almost every single ESPN pundit is spitting is beyond credible to them as a news source. I personally hope that the Big ten tells them to kick rocks when the negotiation of TV rights come up next. Fox coverage is looking better and better all of the time.

Fox is taking their game to a new level. ESPN is to Fox what Nike used to be to Under Armor. Look at UA now. Watch Fox over the next few years. Most of the US is tired of their BS. The bias they have for the SEC is catching on in ALL conferences now. If the SEC has another horrible bowl season watch the paradigm shift. . . .

My favorite ESPN argument is that people need to throw out the Stanford loss to Northwester because it was the first game of the year and an early start.

Esecpn has to push hard for the SEC to get national interest up for their games. They're still mostly a bunch of poor, small state schools with limited fanbases that don't extend past their state borders. They need to help their ratings all they can, as college football interest is still very regional.

Take out the Stanford loss. Ok so we take out the first game win for LSU over a currently ranked Mississippi State. At the time they where top ten I believe. Guess we should disregard the TCU near miss for Minnesota as well. Forget that Alabama win over Wisconsin as well guys... I could keep going on and on...

Out of curiosity, who was the "former LSU player?"

Anthony "Booger" Mcfarland.

Apparently he writes a blog and a former SEC player so obviously this makes him an "expert".

But seriously, they replayed his interview a little bit ago and what he actually said was the "Big Ten sucks except for three teams". Guess who he didn't include. Uh oh.

Since I don't normally listen I am not sure if they bring this guy on for shock value or what, but regardless he is not the only "expert" who has this opinion.

AND FINALLY,

All three of the radio guys agreed that Florida would definitely beat Iowa on a neutral field.

"Booger" watched Tennessee beat us down last year but I suppose he missed every other time the Hawks faced an SEC opponent in bowl games... Of coarse he lumped Iowa into the suck list.

Florida would definitely beat Iowa on a neutral field... Guess he/they missed the few times the Hawks have seen Florida in a bowl game. Never mind the second Outback when the officials spotted the Gators 24 points in the first half and then had to steal the onside kick recovery at the end of the game to preserve the Gator win... How's that mighty Florida looking after the beat down they inflicted on Vanderbilt? Not a beatdown you say..? Hmmmm...

RS277708_20140804_JF2_1715-310x310.jpg

"Hi y'all, I'm Booger"

I'm finding it harder and harder to follow anything related to ESPN these days. I'm not going to get on the soap box but the blatant bias that almost every single ESPN pundit is spitting is beyond credible to them as a news source. I personally hope that the Big ten tells them to kick rocks when the negotiation of TV rights come up next. Fox coverage is looking better and better all of the time.

Agreed. Not just because of the SEC stuff, but ESPN has gone to hell in general. How is it possible that they ruined Sportscenter? Just show highlights and give sarcastic commentary! That's it! Yet they change the set, make it all just top ten garbage lists, try to change the anchors to people who have no business talking about sports.

I only turn ESPN on when they are showing a game. I won't even visit their website. They won't make any money from me if I can help it.

Agreed. Not just because of the SEC stuff, but ESPN has gone to hell in general. How is it possible that they ruined Sportscenter? Just show highlights and give sarcastic commentary! That's it! Yet they change the set, make it all just top ten garbage lists, try to change the anchors to people who have no business talking about sports.

I only turn ESPN on when they are showing a game. I won't even visit their website. They won't make any money from me if I can help it.

Agreed. I watch it see my Hawkeyes and the occasional Steeler game and thats it anymore. I doubt it is just a coincidence that they layed off 300 or so employees. Everyone is starting to see that the quality of their programming is vastly different than even five years ago. I mean for Christ's sake, they have Ray Lewis on their Monday night football show. He was a great football player and there is no question of that. But two men are rotting in jail for his murders while he's free and rich.

If we do get in the playoff I hope we do get matched up with an SEC team. Have to play what is perceived the best.

A Rose Bowl would be great, but does playing Utah or Stanford really change any narrative? West Coast teams just don't have the national attention, partially because they are on tv so late it is hard to stay awake to watch their games. I think someone had us going to the Fiesta Bowl against Notre Dame and that is a team I would love to watch Iowa play.

If we do get in the playoff I hope we do get matched up with an SEC team. Have to play what is perceived the best.

A Rose Bowl would be great, but does playing Utah or Stanford really change any narrative? West Coast teams just don't have the national attention, partially because they are on tv so late it is hard to stay awake to watch their games. I think someone had us going to the Fiesta Bowl against Notre Dame and that is a team I would love to watch Iowa play.

I would love to see the Hawks against Alabama, Florida or LSU. If you want to argue just talent alone I think we are going to lose but I think the fact that our team has come together collectively as a "TEAM" can and maybe just will match up just fine. The Hawkeye defense is built to stop teams like Alabama and LSU. Especially LSU with their one dimensional offense. No one really knows what Florida has at QB with their second stringer taking snaps for the rest of the year. The effort against Vanderbilt was quite underwhelming to say the least.