Some good practice tidbits on twitter

DexterMorgan

gerrydinardo Gerry DiNardo

Iowa Practice - They really know what their doing. Another look at a great practice plan executed.

HowardGriffith Howard Griffith
by BlairRIVALS
After watching Iowa practice today James Vandenberg has a chance to be the best pure passer in the Big Ten conference.

by HawkeyeReport
Iowa Prac - most teams are obviously better in camp than in spring practice but I thought Iowa's improvement was more significant than usual

BTNDaveRevsine Dave Revsine
by HawkeyeReport
Back on the bus after Iowa practice. They are young, but very talented. Ferentz really spoke highly of young RB's. Howard liked McCall

by HawkeyeReport
Brad Herman stood out to me. With the lack of depth behind McNutt - he gives them a tough to defend weapon in the pass game.

by HawkeyeReport
Iowa Practice - this isn't breaking news but just to cover it - they will have a very good offensive line.

That is some good stuff, I think it was 09 the last time DiNardo commented on how much Iowa improved from the spring to the fall. I'm not saying Iowa is going to go 11-2 but it is encouraging to hear stuff like this especially about how JVB could be the best pure passer in the league.

Keep 'em coming. Any idea when BTN will show the practice? If I remember correctly, last year they started two weeks before kickoff and did a team a night.

Iowa Practice - They really know what their doing. Another look at a great practice plan executed.

HowardGriffith Howard Griffith
by BlairRIVALS
After watching Iowa practice today James Vandenberg has a chance to be the best pure passer in the Big Ten conference.

by HawkeyeReport
Iowa Prac - most teams are obviously better in camp than in spring practice but I thought Iowa's improvement was more significant than usual

by HawkeyeReport
Back on the bus after Iowa practice. They are young, but very talented. Ferentz really spoke highly of young RB's. Howard liked McCall

by HawkeyeReport
Brad Herman stood out to me. With the lack of depth behind McNutt - he gives them a tough to defend weapon in the pass game.

Thanks Dexter.

by HawkeyeReport

I like this one!!

I sure hope McCall comes up big for us this year. To have a second big powerfull running back behind a good offensive line is darn hard to stop week in and week out.

I like the McCall one as well. I think a Coker, Johnson, McCall 123 punch would be great. Wear them down with Coker and let Johnson stretch them and have McCall bury them. I like it.

by BlairRIVALS
Iowa Practice - Tight end very solid position with Brad Herman and CJ. CJ has made a lot of improvement in a year. Sky’s the limit.

Iowa's offensive line will be the best in the conference imo. Great stuff to see for the BTN guys. Iowa's run game will be top notch. It's all about the defense.

Me too, but what are the odds that KOK will change his stale, unimaginative "game plan" to take advantage of Vandy's talents? :(

Speaking of which, did any reporters ask KOK about his game plan (after) last year? There were a few games where we seemed to take our foot off the gas or play down to our opponents simply because we had a lead, instead of attacking to extend the lead (I'm not talkin' Wisconsin-like lead extension haha). That's something I thought about during the season and afterwards, considering it seemed so much different than 2009.

Wow. I just went form 6 to midnight

by BlairRIVALS
Iowa Prac Not many QB in the B1G can beat you with their arm.Vandenberg is one of them.He could be All B1G in 2012 & on NFL roster in 2013

Of course is saying that Vandenberg might be the best pure passer in the big10 really that great of a compliment? Who are the other pure passer's in the league? Kirk Cousins? There are a lot of dual threat qbs in Robinson, Martinez, Bolden, the Ohio St. Freshman, Persa, etc. The only traditional qbs I could think of off the top of my head were Cousins and McGloin

Latest posts