Some good practice tidbits on twitter

I was referring more to KOK's allergy to throwing the long ball and letting his QB air it out and check down. KOK is a control freak, and he likes to keep the handcuffs on his QBs.
Vandy is apparently the kind of QB who can sling it around the yard, but I don't think he'll be allowed.

Vin, I think that has more to do with KF than it does with KOK. KOK actually ran a spread O before he came to Iowa so I think he wouldn't mind airing it out but KF doesn't want that and wants a pro-style O.

Vin, I think that has more to do with KF than it does with KOK. KOK actually ran a spread O before he came to Iowa so I think he wouldn't mind airing it out but KF doesn't want that and wants a pro-style O.

The counter-argument to that is that by now, KOK should be able to have figured out how to run a pro-style effectively. Plenty of pro-style offenses are aggressive and such.

However, I'm pleased with the job that KOK does, overall. Do I agree with every play call? Of course not. But there are a lot more that I DO agree with.

Interesting, most of Stanzi's INT's I remember were of the checkdown variety or out in the flat. Of course, most of those went for a pick-6 so that's probably why. I flinched just about everytime he threw to the quick out pattern.

Just think NW 2010.

DiNardo = Mason = Millen = guys who failed as talent/field generals....makes me a bit suspect of such comments.

With that said, negative-Seth can't wait for 3 weeks to pass.

So is that your standard for credible talent evaluators? You have to have been successful as a head coach or NFL GM? That is a pretty high bar. Remember, not many people have been successful at Indiana, Minnesota or Detroit in the past few decades.

The counter-argument to that is that by now, KOK should be able to have figured out how to run a pro-style effectively. Plenty of pro-style offenses are aggressive and such.

However, I'm pleased with the job that KOK does, overall. Do I agree with every play call? Of course not. But there are a lot more that I DO agree with.

Good point.

Latest posts