Social Issue/Political Discussion Relating to Iowa Football

This is why I take issue with the way things are going.

It's modern-day Mccarthyism, where a mere allegation is often enough to ruin someone.

If the coaches (or players that support them), they're labeled by many as racist or ignoring it.

If they don't comment, things are allowed to snowball out of their control.
What about the screenshotted texts from Binns and WHite?

Wadley has texts saying he's getting punishments doled out from BF with no explanation. Binns says so.

Would there not be proof in U records that showed he had his meal card suspended?

But you want to just throw it out the window.

I agree that any player should have a voice and be able to speak up about their issues but I find it pretty interesting that this all started after Floyd.
Lol. That's hilarious.

You believe that all players should be able to speak out, but only if it fits your opinions, and your narratives, and your idyllic picture of what Iowa football is supposed to be.

Players should be able to speak out,. but if they say something negative about the program it's automatically bullshit because KF and BF are wholesome great American builders of men and how dare you question it, did I get that right?

Not enough evidence on what grounds? What's your benchmark? If an investigation came out that looked bad for the Ferentzes would you accept it, or disregard it based on the zero evidence that you have? What's compelling to me are the statements that players have made and how much they've been supported by other players. And those players haven't been all black. Look at Jack Kallenberger's story. But that couldn't have happened because Iowa coaches are simply not capable of doing anything wrong, right? It hurts your image of Iowa football, right? Sounds like Penn State supporters to me, but...
Players are supporting each other and their stories. That doesn't always equate to damning the coaches.

A common denominator between many of the players is that they believe KF is at worst naive but capable of fighting the ship. Many things lead me to believe the coaches have been trying to do so for some time, such as the black players' committee formed back in 2017.

Going off the evidence we have, Brian is a dick and says dumb stuff sometimes, one incident of which carried some negative racial connotations. We knew the former already. Wallace may have broken a major rule and may have to pay for it.

As for the screenshots, Binns did not say it was for no reason, nor did he say it was a punishment. We are missing LOADS of context there, and it's pretty established that Akrum and his mother are unreliable narrators.

White there's slightly more to support it, but we also know now that he had his issues with the rest of the staff.

If the investigation comes out and Wallace and BF are gone, I'll assume they found reasonable evidence to boot them.

This is why I take issue with the way things are going.

It's modern-day Mccarthyism, where a mere allegation is often enough to ruin someone.

If the coaches (or players that support them), they're labeled by many as racist or ignoring it.

If they don't comment, things are allowed to snowball out of their control.
No doubt... and the level headed folks with common sense aren't able to fully form an opinion to it because we have no way of knowing enough to do so. So the believe the victims crowd bring it in full force and either the public pressure to that and or canceling of sponsorships forces the employers hands.

Let me pose this. If everything Wadley says is true. 100% to the letter. Is that enough to get KF/BF fired? Does their need to be another player or 5 more examples of similar things or would just his story alone be enough? I sure don't know the answer to that. It's obvious what Wadley himself thinks.

You want to talk about a topic that can tear a program and fan base both apart here we go...

Show me a post where I said I was tougher or smarter than anyone else...

I'll wait...

Dude, you a very very vocal on your opinions being right. You make it impossible for people to voice their own without talking over them and or belittling them. That’s just always been your way. So you’re right, I won’t find a post where you said that stuff. Most of us on this board can read through your words to know you think it though. It’s cool man. Nothing wrong with thinking your shit doesn’t stink.

No doubt... and the level headed folks with common sense aren't able to fully form an opinion to it because we have no way of knowing enough to do so. So the believe the victims crowd bring it in full force and either the public pressure to that and or canceling of sponsorships forces the employers hands.

Let me pose this. If everything Wadley says is true. 100% to the letter. Is that enough to get KF/BF fired? Does their need to be another player or 5 more examples of similar things or would just his story alone be enough? I sure don't know the answer to that. It's obvious what Wadley himself thinks.

You want to talk about a topic that can tear a program and fan base both apart here we go...

It’s already happening! Mob Rule is in play..

Players are supporting each other and their stories. That doesn't always equate to damning the coaches.

A common denominator between many of the players is that they believe KF is at worst naive but capable of fighting the ship. Many things lead me to believe the coaches have been trying to do so for some time, such as the black players' committee formed back in 2017.

Going off the evidence we have, Brian is a dick and says dumb stuff sometimes, one incident of which carried some negative racial connotations. We knew the former already. Wallace may have broken a major rule and may have to pay for it.

As for the screenshots, Binns did not say it was for no reason, nor did he say it was a punishment. We are missing LOADS of context there, and it's pretty established that Akrum and his mother are unreliable narrators.

White there's slightly more to support it, but we also know now that he had his issues with the rest of the staff.

If the investigation comes out and Wallace and BF are gone, I'll assume they found reasonable evidence to boot them.
What if it comes out and KF is gone? Will you accept that? Because the investigation will have more inside info than either of us.

See that's where I'm going with this...

I don't think you aren't a level-headed person, but everyone always stops short of KF. Even though Doyle was his RHM for more than two decades. Even though he can recall an obscure play or conversation from 30 years ago but he can't remember an incident that ended up with a player in his office in trouble from a season ago. Even though KF has been called out by former players multiple times as wanting things done the "white" way. His closest colleague for his entire career and his own son who works with him daily, and he was oblivious to everything that was done or said? The number 2 and 3 people in the whole organization and number 1 doesn't see it?

Come on dude.

That's exactly what the Joe Pa sheep use to insulate their demigod from having responsibility.

Dude, you a very very vocal on your opinions being right. You make it impossible for people to voice their own without talking over them and or belittling them. That’s just always been your way. So you’re right, I won’t find a post where you said that stuff. Most of us on this board can read through your words to know you think it though. It’s cool man. Nothing wrong with thinking your shit doesn’t stink.

You don't see the irony? Fry equates insensitivity to child rape. But is not Fry one of the most insensitive posters on here?
he complains about Brian saying dumb s*** and yet he says dumb s*** all the time.
It's like arguing with a drunk. Or a woman. Or a drunk woman. Lol

W
Lol. That's hilarious.

You believe that all players should be able to speak out, but only if it fits your opinions, and your narratives, and your idyllic picture of what Iowa football is supposed to be.

Players should be able to speak out,. but if they say something negative about the program it's automatically bullshit because KF and BF are wholesome great American builders of men and how dare you question it, did I get that right?

What is hilarious is that your opinion is always right and that you call me a keyboard warrior tough guy because I have a different viewpoint than yours. But I’m the tough guy right? Kirk is a legend to me. He’s a stand up guy. He’s done wonders for so many Iowans, for the community, for the Children’s Hospital, for student athletes who earn a degree and become better people from playing in his program, for the current and former NFL players who speak highly of him and his staff for everything they’ve done for them. You can’t please everyone, kids are going to commit here and transfer because they don’t fit or it isn’t meant to be or they miss home, etc. Akrum and the Twitter Mob seem to be the majority of those kids. Sorry but you can’t change my mind on any of that even though I know I’m wrong in your mind.

W

What is hilarious is that your opinion is always right and that you call me a keyboard warrior tough guy because I have a different viewpoint than yours. But I’m the tough guy right? Kirk is a legend to me. He’s a stand up guy. He’s done wonders for so many Iowans, for the community, for the Children’s Hospital, for student athletes who earn a degree and become better people from playing in his program, for the current and former NFL players who speak highly of him and his staff for everything they’ve done for them. You can’t please everyone, kids are going to commit here and transfer because they don’t fit or it isn’t meant to be or they miss home, etc. Akrum and the Twitter Mob seem to be the majority of those kids. Sorry but you can’t change my mind on any of that even though I know I’m wrong in your mind.

JoePa was a legend too.

It’s cool man. Nothing wrong with thinking your shit doesn’t stink.
Is this your version of the I'm rubber/you're glue thing?

I've said multiple times on this board that I'm a dull knife, I've admitted to being wrong bunches of times, and never once have I deleted a post where I said something that turned out to be wrong. Matter of fact, I'm wrong all the time and it gets pointed out most of the time.

As far as thinking my opinion is right, isn't that what all of this is? Aren't we always saying our opinions because we think they're "right?"

Would you feel better if I put a disclaimer on every post that I thought my opinion was right but I might be wrong? I thought that was just understood, but...

W

I called you a tough guy because you called Wadley a crybaby who wasn't tough enough to handle Iowa coaches and their attempts to "make a man out of him."

Because you could make it through a P5 workout, weightlifting session, and a game in front of millions of people on TV, right? You're touch enough for that right, because you've done it. At least that's what I gather from your post.

What if it comes out and KF is gone? Will you accept that? Because the investigation will have more inside info than either of us.

See that's where I'm going with this...

I don't think you aren't a level-headed person, but everyone always stops short of KF. Even though Doyle was his RHM for more than two decades. Even though he can recall an obscure play or conversation from 30 years ago but he can't remember an incident that ended up with a player in his office in trouble from a season ago. Even though KF has been called out by former players multiple times as wanting things done the "white" way. His closest colleague for his entire career and his own son who works with him daily, and he was oblivious to everything that was done or said? The number 2 and 3 people in the whole organization and number 1 doesn't see it?

Come on dude.

That's exactly what the Joe Pa sheep use to insulate their demigod from having responsibility.

If KF stays this will dog the program severely. He will/should be gone. Likely announce his retirement in 1 to 3 years.

Brian is no longer HC material at Iowa. If he is the program will be decimated.

About Guaranteed if Brian stays, nc teams will ban playing Iowa.

It’s already happening! Mob Rule is in play..
Well around the country it sure is. I'm not so sure we've really seen the beginning of it with Iowa yet. I mean KSU athletes put the hammer down all organizing and saying till they get what they want they won't suit up.

What if Iowa's athletes all said we aren't playing if KF is still the coach? Basketball baseball women's sports etc etc.. That'd be all it'd take right there. Will it happen? Could it? I dunno but I won't say it's impossible. What if former players want coach gone but current ones don't? (which seems to be the case but maybe some current ones do too but haven't said so) It's an absolute train wreck at the moment that's all I know for sure.

"What you see on TV isn't what you get behind closed doors."

This is the most telling thing about the whole issue going on with Iowa football.

Yet all the Ferentz sheep like @WinOneThisCentury worship at the feet of Daddy and Baby 'Rentz despite never having met the two of them, especially not in a private capacity.

You guys are in no way different than Joe Paterno deniers.

We all have heard the term "Fort Ferentz". Just because he runs a very tight ship does not make him racist. KF wants conformity and consistency. It may not have been perfect, especially with the student-athlete of today. Just because something is uncomfortable or unfair doesn't automatically take it to the "racist" bar.

Don't you think KF and staff have developed and put more black athletes in the NFL than white? Why would he do that if he was "racist"?

Actually, being a minority more so than AK ever was at Iowa is nothing like saying I have one black friend..
I believe there was an old school culture that could be seen as bullying. 95% of any players stories have been shown that it had nothing to do with race, Doyle would belittle anybody. What specifically do you think was racist and only pinpointed black players?

I know, I didn't realize Kallenberger was black until all this started

I'm not saying it couldn't have happened. What evidence do you have to the contrary?

And if you look in my post I said "if what he's saying regarding how he was treated at Iowa is true."

But that doesn't fit your outrage so you left that part out, right???

You’re literally calling for KF and Brian’s head so I don’t exactly buy that that you’re open to both sides. You’re like a lot of people these days, guilty until proven innocent.

Just because he runs a very tight ship does not make him racist.
But it also doesn’t mean that he hasn’t looked the other way. That’s the thing...people are ok with Doyle and Wallace and BF getting punished based on player statements and interactions, but when it comes to KF they think it all has to be complete bullshit. Not how it works. Hence my comparison to Paterno supporters. There was such a cult of personality that those guys would immolate themselves to save his “reputation.”

When tons of players come out and say KF isn’t the apple pie guy when he’s not in front of players, and is actually the complete opposite, why is it so hard for people to accept it?

Latest posts