So -- who has us 'circled' as the big game this fall?

1. Penn St.
2. Wisconsin
3. Arizona

Obviously Ohio St. is expecting a tough game with us, but these are three teams who will be underdogs in the game and will be looking for revenge. You could probably throw ISU in there too, but they don't scare me as much as these teams.

Penn State
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Arizona
Iowa State
Minnesota

I doubt Minnesota has us pegged. Wisconsin is a bigger game for them, it seems. And even though they aren't looking for revenge, I'm sure Northwestern has us circled. That's always a big game for them, and they get it at home this year.

Everyone. We're a ranked team, and all but two of our opponents lost to us last year. And the two that did beat us will also either be ranked or just plain hate us.

Penn State
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Arizona
Iowa State
Minnesota

I like this.

Penn St - Freaking hates us for the past 8 yrs record. Most Penn St fans respect Iowa but still can't stand how we keep beating them.
Wisconsin - What is turning into quite a nice natural rivalry. A team similar to Iowa's with similar style.
Mich St - Hates how last yrs game ended & also a team quite similar to Iowa.
Arizona - Would like to get to where Iowa is & a big win against Iowa early in the season could really help them in the long run & open people's eyes up. Couple that with losing last year & there is a lot of fuel to their fire early in the season.
Iowa St - Well, is IA St. They have to have a rivalry with someone. A natural in-state rival.
Minnesota - They seem to be kind of clueless up there, ay. But, they still can't stand us. We are 2nd behind Wisky for whom they hate more though. You'd figure stealing their goal posts & hauling out of the dump dome would put us #1, but Wisky still gets the nod.

I doubt Minnesota has us pegged. Wisconsin is a bigger game for them, it seems. And even though they aren't looking for revenge, I'm sure Northwestern has us circled. That's always a big game for them, and they get it at home this year.

I would think Minnesota still has us 'circled.' It's a rivalry and they haven't scored a point on us in 2007, plus it might be our first true 'road' game against them since the Metrodome was built.

I think we have to define "circled" because I wouldn't agree with very many of these based on my definition of "circled". To me circled is when a team really wants to exact some revenge due to losing to a team you felt you should have beat and by losing it cost you something. I also think it has to be a home game, maybe it could be a road game, but it would have to be a unique situation. Like maybe we have NW circled this year because they derailed our perfect season and Stanzi got hurt in that game.

So Penn State certainly had us circled on their calendars last year.

This year, I would say Indiana qualifies and maybe Arizona. But that's really it.

I like this.

Penn St - Freaking hates us for the past 8 yrs record. Most Penn St fans respect Iowa but still can't stand how we keep beating them.
Wisconsin - What is turning into quite a nice natural rivalry. A team similar to Iowa's with similar style.
Mich St - Hates how last yrs game ended & also a team quite similar to Iowa.
Arizona - Would like to get to where Iowa is & a big win against Iowa early in the season could really help them in the long run & open people's eyes up. Couple that with losing last year & there is a lot of fuel to their fire early in the season.
Iowa St - Well, is IA St. They have to have a rivalry with someone. A natural in-state rival.
Minnesota - They seem to be kind of clueless up there, ay. But, they still can't stand us. We are 2nd behind Wisky for whom they hate more though. You'd figure stealing their goal posts & hauling out of the dump dome would put us #1, but Wisky still gets the nod.

Everytime this comes up i can't believe it actually happend. Just imagine another big ten team coming into kinnick and doing that to our goal posts. I would be beyond p1553d.

Everytime this comes up i can't believe it actually happend. Just imagine another big ten team coming into kinnick and doing that to our goal posts. I would be beyond p1553d.

I was under the impression that the goalpost didn't actually make it out of the Dome? Don't domes all have nothing but revolving doors to get in/out?

I don't really think Penn State even has the confidence to circle us. I think two teams that really think they should have beaten us and have the confidence this year are Wisconsin and Michigan St.

I'd go like this:

1. Iowa State
2. Michigan State
3. Wisconsin

Northern Illinois is going to be good this year. If Iowa State beats them by 10+ I will be super nervous. Anyone who isn't nervous about the Iowa State game needs to re-evaluate themselves.

I was under the impression that the goalpost didn't actually make it out of the Dome? Don't domes all have nothing but revolving doors to get in/out?

Yea, I'm not sure if they ever completely made it out or not. I was always skeptical about those reports as well. The only way is if the goal post actually made it up the aisle right where maybe some regular doors were at the top & that would be a stretch in my mind.

We do know they went up the aisle though, there is video evidence of that!!

As you can see in this video the goal posts actually came apart so it is possible that they made it out.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQP1L7hip_I]YouTube - Goalposts.mpg[/ame]

The goalposts did NOT make it out. People were trying to get them out but it just wasn't happening.

The goalposts did NOT make it out. People were trying to get them out but it just wasn't happening.

Well they should have tried harder then d*** it!!! That would be a nice display on campus for a few days until they asked for them back.

The only way to get them out would probably have been to walk them out through the tunnel and find the loading dock.

Correct...there are maintenance doors, fire exits and dock doors, but there was no way they were getting them through the main entrances...stupid revolving doors! Just another reason to hate the Metro-Dome!:mad:

Latest posts