So -- who has us 'circled' as the big game this fall?

I could watch that video over and over again. Does anyone know if there has ever been another case of a team taking down the opponents goal post?

As far as who has us circled. Gotta be MSU - a last second loss like that eats at you, and PSU, except we are in their head and that is always good.

The goalposts did NOT make it out. People were trying to get them out but it just wasn't happening.
I have never been to the metro dome, at the UNI dome they have the regular doors right next to the revolving doors, I take it at Minny that is not the case

I have never been to the metro dome, at the UNI dome they have the regular doors right next to the revolving doors, I take it at Minny that is not the case

I've not been to the Metrodome either, but the UNI Dome's roof is also supported by tons of steel beams. The Metrodome I believe was just like the RCA Dome in Indy, supported by air pressure.

Actually, that is the case. But they don't usually let people use them unless it's an emergency 'cause otherwise the roof will collapse.

I would guess a crazed mob charging at you with a large metal cylindar would qualify as an emergency, but I don't know if the posts made it outside or not.

Eastern Illinois - We're just a paycheck for them. Not circled.
Iowa State - Has Iowa circled, underlined, and with big arrows pointing to us, just like every year.
Arizona - Definitely has us circled. We may very well be the best team on their schedule. It's at their place, they know that the long road trip can affect a team, and we beat them last year. We should be highly ranked. We're the coach's alma mater. We're their first-class ticket to relevance in 2010 ... if they beat us.
Ball State - See Eastern Illinois.
Penn State - Really, really want to beat us, of course, but they still have Alabama and Ohio State on the schedule. Not circled, but they know we're important.
Michigan - Probably not confident enough to circle us. One week before the Iowa game, they have MSU in the Big House, and "little brother" has beat them twice in a row now. More realistic goal for them, frankly.
Wisconsin - Has one great big circle around us and OSU, whom they play back-to-back. After us, they have a bye. So call us "co-circled" or maybe "semicircled." ;-)
Michigan State - With no OSU on the schedule and last season's heart-breaker in East Lansing fresh on their minds, Sparty has Iowa circled.
Indiana - Spent about 1/2 a second thinking about circling Iowa, and then immediately called Coach Ferentz to apologize. ;-) If they have the right to circle anyone, it's probably Michigan. First conference game. At home. Almost beat the Wolverines in the Big House last year.
Northwestern - What's the opposite of circling a team? Did you see that Dave Chappelle movie where Kenny (not played by DC) is in jail, and he has that picture on the wall of the guy who wants to take his fruit cocktail, and he freaks out and starts writing "666" and crossing out the special places? I think that's what NW is doing to Iowa's name on their schedule. Nov 13 will be their day of reckoning and they know it.
Ohio State - Would never admit it publicly, but has Iowa circled lightly in pencil in acknowledgement of the fact that we're their toughest game of the year. OSU's calendars, by the way, come with a pre-printed scarlet and gray circle around Michigan every year.
Minnesota - See Iowa State. Not like it's going to matter when we christen the new Kinnick North this year!

Has to be ISU. We are their Superbowl. Their entire seasons success is predicated on beating Iowa. If they go 1-11 with that one win against Iowa, they believe they have had a successful season.

Actually "pieces" of the goal post were confiscated from Minneapolis. I remember seeing the E-bay pages where people were selling them. :D

I've not been to the Metrodome either, but the UNI Dome's roof is also supported by tons of steel beams. The Metrodome I believe was just like the RCA Dome in Indy, supported by air pressure.

that is the case now, it used to not have those beams (hence the revolving door and the collapse after a heavy snow storm). You could push them open, but you usually got yelled at and chased away (we were all young stupid High Schoolers once)

Eastern Illinois - The Jake Christensen Memoral Trophy... plus they are thinking of what almost happened against UNI
Iowa State - Numero uno on the list. Followed closely by the Bugeaters
Arizona - Iowa doesn't play well in return games to the valley of the sun (see 2004, 1998).
Ball State - Ehhhh
Penn State - Penn St with all their losses has the mentality.. as long as they look good vs Alabama and OSU... They will want to beat Iowa
Michigan - Michigan is thinking well they only beat us by 2 points, at home.... Michigan and specifically Forcier were not the same after that game
Wisconsin - Pretty much like stated, its a two fer.... If they don't beat the Bucks, then the circle could be changed to an explanation point
Michigan State - the last 3 games have gone down to the last play, OT in 07, Greene getting stuffed at the 20, The Slant in Spartyville in 09. Revenge in the minds of the Spartans? You betcha
Indiana - Iowa has scored 40 plus the last 2 years... only way they circle that game is if they bring back James Hardy
Northwestern - Circle with a smiley for the Cats, Circle with a mad frown for the Hawks
Ohio State - Circle in invisible ink... Could be the Big 10 title, Could be the national title...
Minnesota - Circle with the motto.... "WE must PROTECT these GOALPOSTS!"

Latest posts