So what is the deal with Dales Jones?

1hawkeye1

I expected to see him vs THEE osu with Jok sitting out. If he did play, I didn't notice him.

I know Fran tends to lay the hyperbole on pretty thick when talking about his players, but I really thought this guy was going to be something. He can't even seem to get off the bench now that he is healthy. He is healthy, right?

I don't see it with Jones. We have too many young options that need seasoning now. No need playing a guy who won't be here next season and has zero chemistry right now with the team as he has missed so much of the season.

It is disappointing the way things have turned out. There were high expectations for Dale coming into the program. Maybe he can still contribute.

From what I've seen so far, he doesn't seem as quick as last year (not that he was super quick then). Even though he might technically be 100%, it doesn't mean he's going to be where he wants or needs to be for the team. If he comes back next year & stays healthy, I think he'll look totally different (just needs more time maybe). That being said, I have a feeling he might be done, especially if his injuries are still nagging him and we're just not hearing about it...

A walkon came into the game last night and he didn't. That says something.

Yea, That's right. But wasn't that at mop up duty time? Wonder if Fran just wanted to get him some PT for all the hard work he does in practice. Maybe it was chance for Fran to get him a window of minutes for effort. I don't know.

Yea, That's right. But wasn't that at mop up duty time? Wonder if Fran just wanted to get him some PT for all the hard work he does in practice. Maybe it was chance for Fran to get him a window of minutes for effort. I don't know.

But the question isn't why was the walkon in. The question is why wasn't Jones in. I guess it's possible he did come in and I didn't notice. Can anyone confirm?

Too bad for him. Sad that injury had kept him from contributing much in his time at iowa.

I thought it was just all-around weird that they sorta had senior night today for Dale Jones but at the same time he still has another year of eligibility. Its almost like he has another year of eligibility but everyone knows he isn't coming back. Just a weird Iowa career for Dale Jones.

As far as Iowa is concerned, I'd expect him to transfer. I think he has a role off the bench next year potentially for Iowa, but I'm guessing he'll just want a fresh start somewhere else.

Latest posts