So what is the deal with Dales Jones?

I thought it was just all-around weird that they sorta had senior night today for Dale Jones but at the same time he still has another year of eligibility. Its almost like he has another year of eligibility but everyone knows he isn't coming back. Just a weird Iowa career for Dale Jones.
If 2 other people transfer, don't be shocked if Dale is back next season.

If 2 other people transfer, don't be shocked if Dale is back next season.

Its possible. However Jones kinda plays like a stretch 3. He's not going to play over Baer, period. He could beat out Uhl, but right now Uhl's minutes are dwindling already anyway and Nunge is coming in next year to compete for those minutes.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jones back next year. I still think he can be dynamic when healthy. I just assume Jones and Dailey are going to transfer next year.

Its possible. However Jones kinda plays like a stretch 3. He's not going to play over Baer, period. He could beat out Uhl, but right now Uhl's minutes are dwindling already anyway and Nunge is coming in next year to compete for those minutes.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jones back next year. I still think he can be dynamic when healthy. I just assume Jones and Dailey are going to transfer next year.
I have a feeling that Uhl will be transferring. He can still use his redshirt and barring significant improvement, he has to see his minutes being even less next year with Garza coming in. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 of these guys aren't here next season.

It's too bad about his injuries really. You can tell the guy has talent. Imagine consistent practice time and playing time. I think he could have been really good.

I have a feeling that Uhl will be transferring. He can still use his redshirt and barring significant improvement, he has to see his minutes being even less next year with Garza coming in. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 of these guys aren't here next season.

Hopefully get some available transfers out there to add to group. Maybe 1 on a 5th year and the other 2 for McCaffery and bank for following year.

If Uhl transfers it won't be until after the summer trip. I think they are visiting his homeland. Jack nunge had 31 points, 14 rebounds, and seven blocks in his last game.

Leg injuries are hard.
200w.webp

So nobody in the know, actually knows what is up with Jones. I know he had his Senior/Junior day today. SO is Fran just kicking him to the curb? Did Dale tell him he was retiring because of injuries? Or wanted to go someplace with PT (say UNI)?

I thought it was widely assumed Jones' departure after this season was a forgone conclusion when we signed three players in the incoming class...one of whom is already without a scholarship unless there is at least one transfer outside of Jok and Jones moving on.

I thought it was just all-around weird that they sorta had senior night today for Dale Jones but at the same time he still has another year of eligibility. Its almost like he has another year of eligibility but everyone knows he isn't coming back. Just a weird Iowa career for Dale Jones.

They said he didn't want to participate in the senior night ceremony but Fran said he should because he deserved it. Sounds like the unsaid truth of matter may have been that Dale didn't want participate not because he didn't think he deserved to, but because he didn't want to have that closure at Iowa to signal the end for him here. Fran wanted him to do it this year for the opposite side of that reasoning.

Things could change and a player or two could leave, but as of now there just isn't room unless he wants to walk on for his last season. As it is, Connor isn't getting a scholarship.

He told me yesterday he was healthy enough to play since recovering from the wrist injury. He did not play much at all because the young guys passed by him. He'll have to deal with Garza and Nunge in that group next year.

I think the Iowa coaches are being honest with him and telling him he might be better served if he wants to play to be a graduate transfer somewhere else. He's basically been on the bench for two seasons here. I would think he would want to play in his final one.

Things could change and a player or two could leave, but as of now there just isn't room unless he wants to walk on for his last season. As it is, Connor isn't getting a scholarship.

He told me yesterday he was healthy enough to play since recovering from the wrist injury. He did not play much at all because the young guys passed by him. He'll have to deal with Garza and Nunge in that group next year.

I think the Iowa coaches are being honest with him and telling him he might be better served if he wants to play to be a graduate transfer somewhere else. He's basically been on the bench for two seasons here. I would think he would want to play in his final one.
That's it in a nutshell. Feel bad for the guy. I'd just hate to see Fran have to be the bad guy if say Dale absolutely wants to come back. I mean in that case he can't yank his scholly and give it to his kid right? I couldn't see Fran doing that for no other reason then just how it'd look. I would think with senior day going like it did having him out there like that they must have already pretty much talked about it... If they hadn't talked about it I'd say that whole deal was a not so subtle foot in the back.

Latest posts