So what can you say after Drake game?

You keep talking like Moss is a good defender when he's not. I'd rather have someone MUCH better offensively and a little worse defensively if given the choice. Moss is a little better defensively and more athletic than Pete was but I bet you would take Pete back in a second because of his offense and what that opened up for others.

Moss may not be a good defender, but he's better than Timmer. Plus, he guards much better players.

Can't take Pete back. He graduated. Would I welcome back an all-Big 10 leading scorer in the league, I guess so. Would much rather have athletic,better defender than less athletic, worse defender on this team. Pete was also 6 foot 6 and played a some defense when he felt like it. By the way, Jok's defensive numbers were never as bad as Timmer's. And he played in a Power 5 conference, not the MVC.

From the team point of view, having two 6 foot 1 bad defenders at the guard position would not work well.

Moss may not be a good defender, but he's better than Timmer. Plus, he guards much better players.

Can't take Pete back. He graduated. Would I welcome back an all-Big 10 leading scorer in the league, I guess so. Would much rather have athletic,better defender than less athletic, worse defender on this team. Pete was also 6 foot 6 and played a some defense when he felt like it. By the way, Jok's defensive numbers were never as bad as Timmer's. And he played in a Power 5 conference, not the MVC.

From the team point of view, having two 6 foot 1 bad defenders at the guard position would not work well.

Saying you'd rather have Moss on this team than Pete is all I needed to hear haha. Have a good one.

You keep talking like Moss is a good defender when he's not. I'd rather have someone MUCH better offensively and a little worse defensively if given the choice. Moss is a little better defensively and more athletic than Pete was but I bet you would take Pete back in a second because of his offense and what that opened up for others.

So, by this argument, would you rather have a player that is 123.8 offensive rating/109 defensive rating over a player with 114.9 offensive rating/104.8 defensive rating? Both play guard in power 5 conferences. What other factors matter in this decision?

Never said that. My comparison for athletic better defender vs less athletic, worse defender was Moss vs Timmer. Nice try. :)

I don't think you're grasping how much better Timmer is offensively than Moss. He's averaging 20 points per game and shooting over 50% from 3 and Drake has played a tougher schedule than we've played this year. If you don't think a first team all MVC player starts on this roster when we just started Brady Ellingson in a game you need to pass me whatever you're having haha.

I don't think you're grasping how much better Timmer is offensively than Moss. He's averaging 20 points per game and shooting over 50% from 3 and Drake has played a tougher schedule than we've played this year. If you don't think a first team all MVC player starts on this roster when we just started Brady Ellingson in a game you need to pass me whatever you're having haha.

So, Timmer's best games have been against Colorado (worse than any other Big 10 team), Wake Forest, Chicago State, Wyoming, and Nebraska-Omaha. Don't forget the 16 points in 28 minutes vs ... Coe! Wow! Really, he played 28 minutes vs Coe. :)

Then, he plays two Big 10 teams, and he struggles shooting. Surprised?

I didn't say Timmer wasn't better than Ellingson (nice change to the argument). I did say, he's not better for this Iowa team than Isaiah Moss, who is better defensively and more athletic. Considering those are two weak spots for Iowa, I would say making those things worse in the starting lineup is not a recipe for success.

So, Timmer's best games have been against Colorado (worse than any other Big 10 team), Wake Forest, Chicago State, Wyoming, and Nebraska-Omaha. Don't forget the 16 points in 28 minutes vs ... Coe! Wow! Really, he played 28 minutes vs Coe. :)

Then, he plays two Big 10 teams, and he struggles shooting. Surprised?

I didn't say Timmer wasn't better than Ellingson (nice change to the argument). I did say, he's not better for this Iowa team than Isaiah Moss, who is better defensively and more athletic. Considering those are two weak spots for Iowa, I would say making those things worse in the starting lineup is not a recipe for success.

You're going to bring up when Timmer played well when Moss combined for 8 points in 3 games versus P5 opponents? Haha!

You're going to bring up when Timmer played well when Moss combined for 8 points in 3 games versus P5 opponents? Haha!

3 road games against P5 teams vs games vs Coe, Chicago State, and Nebraska-Omaha? Timmer's 1st road game at a power 5 opponent was for 1-8 shooting for 8 points. Not impressive. His 2nd game vs players who are more athletic than him (Iowa) was 5-14 shooting. Timmer got to play 36 minutes vs Chicago State. Moss played 13 vs Chicago State (Moss scored at a better rate than Timmer did).

Again, you never seem to answer the question ... how does Timmer being less athletic and worse defensively help Iowa?

Also, I asked you a question comparing 2 players. You don't seem to be answering that question either. Funny.

I gotta say it is awesome watching @Robowe own 5656 using his own previous trolls. He trolls so much on this site that he often gets caught being hypocritical to his past trolls.

Latest posts