So, what are the chances??

All players can improve, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that Cook eventually sees an NBA roster The point is that he's a lot further away than he realizes. If I had to predict, whether it's this year or next, he'll end up in Europe or the G-league, and bounce around for 5 years or so, and that's it. The hill he needs to climb is a steep one, and that includes dramatic improvements in defense and playing under control, and, improving his perimeter game.

Moss will either be back or out of basketball entirely after perhaps getting cut a few times from the G-league or a European league. It would take an act of God to get him on an NBA roster.

How many HN posters, experts or even Ohio State fans thought at this time last year that Keita Bates-Diop would get drafted? And anyone saying he would be the Big 10 POY would have been laughed off the message boards. Well the 2nd has already happened and the 1st is a given IMO.

Side Note - Ohio State was picked to finish in the bottom 4 of the conference standings by pretty much everyone coming into this season. A lot can happen from one year to the next.

yeah, I think Cook can play in the NBA - he's just not ready now, either are a lot guys at his age. I'll say 100% on IM and about 90% on TC.
Cook reminds me of former Hawk Reggie Evans. A big body that can rebound, Reggie played a long time in the NBA collecting rebounds

I don’t think Cook will be back. At the very least I see him transferring. More than likely if he is not drafted to play in a role player type of position for the NBA he can go over to Europe and make six figure income. Seriously, would you want to come back to Iowa and POSSIBLY go through a repeat of last year?

My fingers are crossed in hoping I am wrong.

I disagree with the comments on the podcast that he is only worth two or three more wins on our team if he comes back. I seriously think that number has to jump to at least FIVE wins. He forces double teams which leaves someone wide open. Any player or players worth his oats should be making open shots. That aspect would definately change and affect total over all offensive out put for this team. We could see a drop off of as much as six to ten points a game on the offensive side of the ball. That is huge.

Again, I hope I am wrong as it was painful to watch last year and the winters are just too long. A good basketball teams helps January and February go by a little easier.

He forces double teams which leaves someone wide open. Any player or players worth his oats should be making open shots.
Sure he forces double teams but he turned the ball over on those occasions more often than finding an open shooter. Hopefully having strong hands and good eyes is a point of emphasis for him this off season among many other things. He has the potential to be one of the best players Iowa has seen in a long time. It still irks me the way he sometimes slow jogs down the court on defense after a score - I can't believe that he's gotten away with that for so long. Nm, it makes perfect sense as he's been "the man" probably everywhere he has played and nobody wanted to ride him.

I think he's a good kid and he has a lot of potential - lets hope he puts in the work to fully realize it.

Cook won't see an NBA floor in his career. G-League, yes. NBA, not a chance.

The real question is will Cook or Pemsl be Hawkeyes. If Cook stays, Pemsl is gone, and vice versa.

Cook is hopefully going to get a stone cold dose of reality that there are only 450 players on NBA rosters, about half of them forwards, and very few of them actually ever get any playing time. He is not in that group, and not even close. He's not only competing with every college player, but also the entire G-League and hundreds of European players. There are over 70 of them on NBA rosters this year alone.

Leaving as a junior would be the absolute dumbest thing he could possibly do for his basketball career. Someone needs to get through to him that making an NBA roster is by far the hardest break-through in pro sports. It's astronomical.

<<The real question is will Cook or Pemsl be Hawkeyes. If Cook stays, Pemsl is gone, and vice versa.>>

Has that actually been said by either guy?

Latest posts