So Sergio Blames Tiger for his hooked drive- gamesmanship

I wouldn't walk up to the guy and I have no desire to shake his hand because I have zero respect for him.
He wouldn't remember your name 10 seconds later either. And you're a tiger fan-boy so what does that prove?
Elin divorced the guy. She acts cordial around the kids. If you want to believe that means all is forgiven, then you are very naive.
He is among the best golfers in the world. He is also one of the biggest a-holes. He doesn't want or need my forgiveness and he doesn't earn my respect.
If you want to fawn all over him, have at it.

I agree with this 100%. Just because the guy's one of the best in the world at what he does, doesn't make him a great guy or someone that the world should worship. I think it's perfectly logical to seperate the public side of him from what we've heard about his private life. While I don't think who he is off the course determines who he is on the course, I do feel that in has an influence on his likability.

People may not like it, what he did to his Ex-wife says alot about the type of person he is, and honestly I don't fault anyone for not having an ounce of respect for him. While being a phenominal golfer I like many think the guy seems like a world class *******, that happens to be great at what he does professionally. And I'm ok with that but as 1hawk said, he doesn't seem like a person I'd have any intention of wanting to meet or ever getting to know.

When you're little you spend all your life looking up to celebrities and professional athletes as being god like, then you grow up and realize that there just like everyone else. Some people you'd like to get to know others you'd simply like to avoid entirely. I think for some of us Tiger fits into the second category.

Or it could be that they think he's scum off the course and they let that influence what they think of him on the course. Let's be honest, what Tiger did to Elin says alot about who he is as a person, so let's not play the "most of them have no idea why they dislike him" card. People know why they don't like him the question is should we judge athletes by who they are or what they bring to their respective sport.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a fan of golf and I'll also be the first to admit that I'm as far from a Tiger fan as one could get. Because of his actions away from the golf course I think alot of people have issues with who he is as a person and if those feelings influence whether they like him as a golfer. If the fact they take issue with him as a human being and it influences them to not be a fan of his on the course, I don't really think that falls into the jealousy category. I think it has more to do with what they value and who they chose to support as athletes.

This is well said.

Tiger has been a d**k wad to fans on the course also getting on them about noise and whatever. Hell tiger is nothing without the fans as there would be no purses and no TV.

Tiger's swearing in front of how many kids etc is not good and this goes back some years. And tiger and stevie williams were the ultimate duo yelling at fans to be quiet etc.

Report -- Course marshals dispute Tiger Woods' story - ESPN

Woods' response to Garcia's complaint was simple: The marshals said I could.

"The marshals, they told me he already hit, so I pulled a club and was getting ready to play my shot," Woods explained. "And then I hear [Garcia's] comments afterward, and it's not real surprising that he's complaining about something."

"He didn't ask us nothing," marshal Gary Anderson said Sunday, according to a report by Sports Illustrated. "We didn't say nothing. We're told not to talk to the players."

Chief marshal John North was also present for Woods' controversial shot on the par-5 hole.

"Nothing was said to us and we certainly said nothing to him," North said, according to Sports Illustrated. "I was disappointed to hear him make those remarks. We're there to help the players and enhance the experience of the fans. He was saying what was good for him. It lacked character."

Rep

"Nothing was said to us and we certainly said nothing to him," North said, according to Sports Illustrated. "I was disappointed to hear him make those remarks. We're there to help the players and enhance the experience of the fans. He was saying what was good for him. It lacked character."

Very interesting. The marshalls dont want to get dragged into this and thrown under the bus.

this is what happens when momma and pappa woods made tiger into a egotistical prima donna.

Very interesting. The marshalls dont want to get dragged into this and thrown under the bus.

this is what happens when momma and pappa woods made tiger into a egotistical prima donna.

If the Marshalls are signaling for the crowd to be quiet then he is free to hit, if a golfer is focused on his shot that is in a position where they are unaware of what the other player is doing they rely on the Marshall's signal. I am not defending Tiger on this, but I have been to a few tournaments and the players key on those guys a lot, especially when there is distance and separation between the two golfers. When the Marshall would do their motions, each and every time the golfer not near the other would simply stop and wait.

Of course the Marshalls don't want to get in the middle of it, no big surprise, nobody wants to be associated with anything between Tiger and Sergio...why would you want to.

As far as Tiger goes...from what I have witnessed of him at the tournaments I have seen and other golfers, he is actually one of the more personable guys.

My wife got pasted by Vijay Singh on a drive and he didn't even acknowledge it when Fehrety told him he was saved by hitting a fan.

Also, those on their moral high horses here; how many of these stars actually stay married or are married multiple times? I am not saying it okay what Tiger did and quite frankly, I am not sure it speaks to his character to be honest. He made a HUGE mistake and is still paying for it.

What are your thoughts on Kobe Bryant and his actions of basically being portrayed as a rapist, but it was a he said, she said situation, so nothing more or less. I am sure that is the only time Nobe has strayed in his relaxed and easy going marriage.

Athletes are empowered by Money, Sponsors and most importantly the fans. The mistakes and actions that these guys do are what a lot of regular people do and my question is do you think less of those guys, or do you have a friend that has done such things? Again, I am not saying it is okay, but the shock that it creates when a player in any sport does something like cheat or their wife, or get killed by their girlfriend on the side just shouldn't surprise people when things like this happen in society all the time. Athletes aren't moral role models anymore, there are some many guys out there that just are over the top because society allows them to be.

Sergio hit a bad shot and was looking to blame someone else. Pretty simple. Tiger wins, Sergio whines.

Sergio hit a bad shot and was looking to blame someone else. Pretty simple. Tiger wins, Sergio whines.

You would think that would be the end of it, but no. According to some he must have done it on purpose to screw up Sergio.

If the Marshalls are signaling for the crowd to be quiet then he is free to hit, if a golfer is focused on his shot that is in a position where they are unaware of what the other player is doing they rely on the Marshall's signal. I am not defending Tiger on this, but I have been to a few tournaments and the players key on those guys a lot, especially when there is distance and separation between the two golfers. When the Marshall would do their motions, each and every time the golfer not near the other would simply stop and wait.

This was a tee shot. The golfers are both right there on the tee, I still cant see how all this could really happen if it did happen this way.

How could tiger not know that sergio hadnt hit yet? Sergio has honors and has teed it up then if you are tiger or the playing partner on the tee you stay still until he hits. You dont have to watch him hit you can hear the hit and the crowd.

Sergio is whining and I said earlier he should not have complained in public. Sergio will be hearing a lot from the tiger fans in the crowd from now on.

This was a tee shot. The golfers are both right there on the tee, I still cant see how all this could really happen if it did happen this way.

How could tiger not know that sergio hadnt hit yet? Sergio has honors and has teed it up then if you are tiger or the playing partner on the tee you stay still until he hits. You dont have to watch him hit you can hear the hit and the crowd.

Sergio is whining and I said earlier he should not have complained in public. Sergio will be hearing a lot from the tiger fans in the crowd from now on.

From the replays they showed of this, it was NOT a tee shot to even think that is silly.

From the replays they showed of this, it was NOT a tee shot to even think that is silly.

I just read the Golf.com account and yes it was two fairway shots and setups where this happened.

I have to really laugh at Sergio now because I thought this happened at another par 5 where he pull hooked his tee shot deep into the trees. Another bad sergio shot.

Sergio really had some wild shots.

Wait, what?

I just read the Golf.com account and yes it was two fairway shots and setups where this happened.

I have to really laugh at Sergio now because I thought this happened at another par 5 where he pull hooked his tee shot deep into the trees. Another bad sergio shot.

Sergio really had some wild shots.

Tiger was in the trees, couldn't see Sergio at all. Also, the ruckus occured before Sergio's swing, not in his backswing like he said. He could have waggled 37 more times and then he would have been ok. Had he hit a good shot, he would have moved along like nothing happened. Once he saw the shot sail, then it was Tiger's fault.

Tiger was in the trees, couldn't see Sergio at all. Also, the ruckus occured before Sergio's swing, not in his backswing like he said. He could have waggled 37 more times and then he would have been ok. Had he hit a good shot, he would have moved along like nothing happened. Once he saw the shot sail, then it was Tiger's fault.

Wait, there was a ruckus? Could you describe the ruckus? :)

images

I love this whole thing. Its basically Sergio trying to rival up bad blood, horrible golf trash talking if you will. What comes of it? Sergio chokes, looks like an *** and Tiger wins yet another tournament.

I think this puts an end to the "tiger is a liar" conversation. Shows how pathetic some of you actually are.

Tiger Woods TPC flap -- Course marshals dispute first account, report says - ESPN

Unfortunately it doesn't. For years, Tiger was portrayed as family man and the posterboy for all that is good on and off the golf course then suddenly the truth surfaces about what really went on with this "family man" behind the scenes and that makes a huge impact on who he really is vs. who we thought he was and brings up major character flaws. Unfortunately since Tiger the family man played his little escapades while convincing everyone and playing it off like he was a model citizen and a great family man, I don't think there will ever be a point where the "Tiger is a liar" conversation is put to rest. While this segment may be over, I'm sure a number of others will come up. Golf is a game based on honesty, integrity and character and in Tigers case his character and credibility will forever be under the microscope as some feel it rightfully should.

Latest posts