So Sergio Blames Tiger for his hooked drive- gamesmanship

i felt bad rooting for Sergio to fall apart, but i just knew that was coming. Phil was a lot like that before he won that first Masters. something going on between the ears there. as an aside, i have no respect for Tiger as a man, but do admire his game.

i felt bad rooting for Sergio to fall apart, but i just knew that was coming. Phil was a lot like that before he won that first Masters. something going on between the ears there. as an aside, i have no respect for Tiger as a man, but do admire his game.

I don't think we as fans would root for too many guys if we knew what they were like outside of their profession.

The public image is normally a mask.

Why is Tiger a punk; when has he ever called out players in a press conference?

Tiger is a stubborn guy, but punk is hardly a word I would use for him.

New respect for Sergio? For what? I have never seen a guy live off of a loss in a Major like he has because he "battled" Tiger to the wire. Guess what he lost and has lost every Major from there.

Sergio calls out tournaments and the PGA tour when things don't go his way in tournaments, something that we have been grown accustomed too.

Sergio plays well in the Ryder Cup, but when his individual play matters the most, he crumbles. When he won the Players a few years ago, everyone said oh, this is it that was the win he needed...well, I am still waiting for him to take off.

Tiger Woods is everything Sergio wants to be the good and bad, but in the end he is just a crybaby who has won nothing.

Tiger is a punk cause he treats his wife and kids worse than dog crap. I have a new respect for Sergio cause he doesn't like Tiger. Nothing to do with golf.

Tiger is a far better golfer than Sergio will ever be, that can't even be argued.

If you want to stand and cheer for a man like Tiger then go ahead. I cannot.

Tiger is a punk cause he treats his wife and kids worse than dog crap. I have a new respect for Sergio cause he doesn't like Tiger. Nothing to do with golf.

Tiger is a far better golfer than Sergio will ever be, that can't even be argued.

Ouch, I wonder if Tiger will be able to sleep well at night knowing all this.

I don't think we as fans would root for too many guys if we knew what they were like outside of their profession.

The public image is normally a mask.

we agree on something!!!11!!eleven! ;)

FTR, many athletes are players. Jeter is notorious for it, yet gets no bad press. as much as sites like TMZ get the junk out there, there's still a lot going on behind the scenes. i've heard stories of the young women filing out of the team hotels the morning after games in the NBA, i'm sure it's also true for other sports.

Not gonna lie I was cheering for Sergio to putt it in the water on 18 then throw his club in the water after going into the water twice on 17 and then again off 18th tee box. This doesn't mean I was automatically wanting Tiger to win though. Lingmerth gave himself a shot by hitting that magnificent shot on 17 but couldn't finish it off.

It's great for golf to have Tiger playing well again. However, he's played enough golf to keep pulling crap like he did yesterday and at the Masters.

Steve Elkington @elkpga4h
@TonyJohnstone56: NO WAY THAT CROSSED THERE! Do. Do these guys read the rules @MichaelClayto15: “@razzap:youtube.com/watch?v=B5SL57…”// Wow!!

2013 Players Championship -- Tiger Woods' drop at 14th deemed legit by PGA Tour - ESPN

Sounds OK to me.
"I saw it perfectly from the tee," Wittenberg said. "I told him exactly where I thought it crossed, and we all agreed. ... I told him I thought it crossed on the corner of the bunker right where he took his drop, and it's all good."

Rolfing statement Is a 180 from what he said during the telecast. Boat you ever heard of media bias?:rolleyes: ....the good ole days

"They both saw it," Russell said of Woods and Wittenberg. "They're back there with a television commentator [NBC's Mark Rolfing], who basically agreed with them. He said he hit a high hook. The problem is on television, that area looked the same, and they thought he dropped up there where it splashed. He dropped it 60 yards back of that. The players had the view of it."

Rolfing statement Is a 180 from what he said during the telecast. Boat you ever heard of media bias?:rolleyes: ....the good ole days

"They both saw it," Russell said of Woods and Wittenberg. "They're back there with a television commentator [NBC's Mark Rolfing], who basically agreed with them. He said he hit a high hook. The problem is on television, that area looked the same, and they thought he dropped up there where it splashed. He dropped it 60 yards back of that. The players had the view of it."

I wasn't watching so I don't know. Just read that and thought it was relevant. I was enjoying the weather yesterday since it will probably snow again next week.

You could probably walk up to the guy, shake his hand, and introduce yourself and he STILL wouldn't remember you 10 seconds later. Yet, you're pathetic enough to hold a grudge when you don't even know the guy. It's kinda sad. Even Elin has been seen talking and laughing with him and their kids.

You could probably walk up to the guy, shake his hand, and introduce yourself and he STILL wouldn't remember you 10 seconds later. Yet, you're pathetic enough to hold a grudge when you don't even know the guy. It's kinda sad. Even Elin has been seen talking and laughing with him and their kids.

I wouldn't walk up to the guy and I have no desire to shake his hand because I have zero respect for him.
He wouldn't remember your name 10 seconds later either. And you're a tiger fan-boy so what does that prove?
Elin divorced the guy. She acts cordial around the kids. If you want to believe that means all is forgiven, then you are very naive.
He is among the best golfers in the world. He is also one of the biggest a-holes. He doesn't want or need my forgiveness and he doesn't earn my respect.
If you want to fawn all over him, have at it.

There will always be Tigers haters and most of them have no idea why. Most of the time it's jealousy.

Or it could be that they think he's scum off the course and they let that influence what they think of him on the course. Let's be honest, what Tiger did to Elin says alot about who he is as a person, so let's not play the "most of them have no idea why they dislike him" card. People know why they don't like him the question is should we judge athletes by who they are or what they bring to their respective sport.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a fan of golf and I'll also be the first to admit that I'm as far from a Tiger fan as one could get. Because of his actions away from the golf course I think alot of people have issues with who he is as a person and if those feelings influence whether they like him as a golfer. If the fact they take issue with him as a human being and it influences them to not be a fan of his on the course, I don't really think that falls into the jealousy category. I think it has more to do with what they value and who they chose to support as athletes.