So Sergio Blames Tiger for his hooked drive- gamesmanship

Wait, what?

Duh, didnt you read my followup on how I thought it was the bad tee shot sergio hit.

Wait, what, dont you read the posts?

Hell seeerrrrrgioooo had so many bad shots it was hard to pinpoint which one caused this whole affair.

Unfortunately it doesn't. For years, Tiger was portrayed as family man and the posterboy for all that is good on and off the golf course then suddenly the truth surfaces about what really went on with this "family man" behind the scenes and that makes a huge impact on who he really is vs. who we thought he was and brings up major character flaws. Unfortunately since Tiger the family man played his little escapades while convincing everyone and playing it off like he was a model citizen and a great family man, I don't think there will ever be a point where the "Tiger is a liar" conversation is put to rest. While this segment may be over, I'm sure a number of others will come up. Golf is a game based on honesty, integrity and character and in Tigers case his character and credibility will forever be under the microscope as some feel it rightfully should.
Ever wear a pair of Jordan's?

Lying in life and lying in golf are two completely different things. Sergio sucks. That is the bottom line.

Ever wear a pair of Jordan's?

Lying in life and lying in golf are two completely different things. Sergio sucks. That is the bottom line.

I'll bite... I love Jordan's and the product itself. Was a Detroit fan growing up (who likes the Bulls) and was never a fan of him as a player or an ego growing up. The bottom line is unlike most sports golf is about character and integrity. Whether Tiger displays that on the course isn't the issue but rather whether his image on the course has been tarnished on the course based on what he's done off it.

Tiger's had his share of meltdowns and pitty party moments so while "Sergio sucks" its not as if Tiger never whined about anything in his life either. But seriously, I'm not a golf fan by any means it just kills me when people throw out the comment that anyone that doesn't like Tiger is just "jealous". The fact is there are a number of reasons why people most likely despise Tiger and to say people are just jealous is moronic.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Some like the guy because he's a phenominal golfer and the best at what he does. Other people think he's scum, based on choices he's made off the course. All I'm saying is there's as many reasons to dislike him as there is to like him and to label anyone that doesn't like him as jealous in my opinion is a joke. Some see him as a villian, some see him as a god, all I'm saying is that we all see him differently and to say that anyone who doesn't like him is jealous, is no different then saying anyone that likes him cheats on their wives. We've all got our reasons and our opinions I simply feel that it's ******** not to understand why someone may not like the guy.

Tiger is neither a god or villain.

He is human and his actions off the course are a big deal because sports is an avenue people put people on pedestals. I don't agree with what he did, but I think we encounter people that do things that Tiger has done...are they viewed in the same light?

People hated him before and it is not surprising that a different kind of people hate him now.

Unfortunately it doesn't. For years, Tiger was portrayed as family man and the posterboy for all that is good on and off the golf course then suddenly the truth surfaces about what really went on with this "family man" behind the scenes and that makes a huge impact on who he really is vs. who we thought he was and brings up major character flaws. Unfortunately since Tiger the family man played his little escapades while convincing everyone and playing it off like he was a model citizen and a great family man, I don't think there will ever be a point where the "Tiger is a liar" conversation is put to rest. While this segment may be over, I'm sure a number of others will come up. Golf is a game based on honesty, integrity and character and in Tigers case his character and credibility will forever be under the microscope as some feel it rightfully should.

You were doing fine until you went with "golf is a game based on honesty, integrity and character". Example: Golf's roid testing is the biggest joke known to modern man. Have you noticed how many golfers are now lifting? Try this: Golf is a game based on being able to hit a golf ball and have it land where you want it to. If you can do that on a consistent basis, your lack of honesty, character and integrity will most certainly be overlooked. Anyway, it is one thing to dupe your fans and a completely different thing to dupe your family and/or supposed loved ones. Especially when you are engaging in very risky acts that could have very negative consequences for your unsuspecting loved ones. This is why it is now more fulfilling and entertaining to pull for the field.

This just in: Sergio blames Tiger's ethnicity for his recent comment about fried chicken. "Hey, it's not my fault. I never would have thought to say that if Tiger had just been white."

You were doing fine until you went with "golf is a game based on honesty, integrity and character". Example: Golf's roid testing is the biggest joke known to modern man. Have you noticed how many golfers are now lifting? Try this: Golf is a game based on being able to hit a golf ball and have it land where you want it to. If you can do that on a consistent basis, your lack of honesty, character and integrity will most certainly be overlooked. Anyway, it is one thing to dupe your fans and a completely different thing to dupe your family and/or supposed loved ones. Especially when you are engaging in very risky acts that could have very negative consequences for your unsuspecting loved ones. This is why it is now more fulfilling and entertaining to pull for the field.

As stated a million times I'm not a golf fan by any means and had no idea they tested for steroids. Learn something everyday. What I meant by my comment about "golf is a game based on honesty, integrity and character" was meant toward the self regulation and the lack of "referees" to policy the game. Most of it is based on holding an individual responsible for following the rules and self-monitoring his play on the course. I'm thinking more along teh lines of being responsible for proper drops, assessing penaltys, and administering the rules as officials (or whatever they are called) do not, to my knowledge, follow the players from hole to hole.

Side note, the roids testing would explain why golfers snap if a sound is made at the wrong time and why it requires absolute silence to hit an imobile object. So many things I've never understood about golf. All I know is I was horrible at it the two times I tried it and I have no desire to spend my free time doing something I'm terrible at. Not my idea of a hobby.

Latest posts