So much for my post-season tourney article

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
Second time in a row I have been prepared to write an article on what it will take for Iowa to get into a postseason tourney.

First time was leading up to the Nebraska game. They would have gotten to 4-4 and I was going to hit up an article on it. This time it was the NW game, with a win they'd be 6-6 in conf and talk could start again.

Now it looks like it will take wins at PSU and vs. Indiana win to spark that again. But the outlook is much bleaker as there are fewer game to make an impact.

I think I will do a write up regardless of the Indiana outcome and hit up NIT/CBI chances if Iowa is sitting at 6-8 or worse, with the bubble almost certainly out of the question at this point and time.

I think Iowa can beat Indiana at home. They have shots at wins at PSU and Nebraska. Wisconsin at home is going to be tough, as they are playing much better and probably won't be 3-28 or whatever they were from three the first time...at Illinois, historically, no shot. I think they will beat NW at home. 2-4 seems realistic...anything better than that is gravy IMO. Really want to see them at least 3-3 tho

I think Iowa can beat Indiana at home. They have shots at wins at PSU and Nebraska. Wisconsin at home is going to be tough, as they are playing much better and probably won't be 3-28 or whatever they were from three the first time...at Illinois, historically, no shot. I think they will beat NW at home. 2-4 seems realistic...anything better than that is gravy IMO. Really want to see them at least 3-3 tho

Illinois is kind of in collapse mode. I could see us stealing one there.

I can see Iowa winning the next two, but it starts at the D end.

IF they go 3-3 the rest of the way it will go down as a very successful season for Fran. They would be 16-15 heading into the BTT. One win there might be enough to get the NIT.

I see 1-5. If we couldn't hold our own home court against the Huskers, I have no reason to assume we can contain them on their home court. And IU stomped us hard after we shot like 63%, and I don't see that happening again.

Penn State is the only win I see remaining. Which is a bummer, because I thought they could win 15 this year.

Boys, all we gotta do is reel off 4 games in 4 days in early March in Indianapolis and none of this matters.

Lets go!!

I see 1-5. If we couldn't hold our own home court against the Huskers, I have no reason to assume we can contain them on their home court. And IU stomped us hard after we shot like 63%, and I don't see that happening again.

Penn State is the only win I see remaining. Which is a bummer, because I thought they could win 15 this year.

What do you have as the one? Because your logic used for why Iowa will lose at Nebraska could be applied to Wisconsin.

Meh, I missed the Penn State part. It's what I figured you had anyways but the Wisconsin point still applies.

Well because at the start of Big 10 season, Wisconsin was playing very poorly, and Iowa was playing very good. Now, Wisconsin is playing very good, and Iowa is playing very bad.

Beat PSU and Nebby and steal one against Wisky or Indy at home. Very possible. 8 conference wins would be a solid step forward. And NEXT YEAR....oh forget it.

Well because at the start of Big 10 season, Wisconsin was playing very poorly, and Iowa was playing very good. Now, Wisconsin is playing very good, and Iowa is playing very bad.

Wisconsin won 6 games straight when they played us last time. This time they went to OT against Minnesota and only beat Penn State by 6 in recent history. I'm not sure they are playing much better.

Those recent close games on the road tells me they could easily drop a road game to Iowa, especially when you consider Iowa beat them at their place.

That said, I really, really, really doubt they only hit 3 three pointers again.

Did any of you watch that fiasco last nite? We are woefully untalented, we have a huge whole in the middle, we seem to hit a 10 minute dry spell every game and we can't stop anyone from shooting 60% from 3 point range. Every time I get to this point we seem to win a game or 2 so maybe anything is possible. My guess is 2 more wins to get to 15, success after the last 4-5 years of torture.

Wisconsin won 6 games straight when they played us last time. This time they went to OT against Minnesota and only beat Penn State by 6 in recent history. I'm not sure they are playing much better.

Those recent close games on the road tells me they could easily drop a road game to Iowa, especially when you consider Iowa beat them at their place.

That said, I really, really, really doubt they only hit 3 three pointers again.

Wisconsin is an excellent road team. Iowa recently lost at home to Nebraska.

I'm not getting my hopes up.

Latest posts