So much for my post-season tourney article

Second time in a row I have been prepared to write an article on what it will take for Iowa to get into a postseason tourney.

First time was leading up to the Nebraska game. They would have gotten to 4-4 and I was going to hit up an article on it. This time it was the NW game, with a win they'd be 6-6 in conf and talk could start again.

Now it looks like it will take wins at PSU and vs. Indiana win to spark that again. But the outlook is much bleaker as there are fewer game to make an impact.

I think I will do a write up regardless of the Indiana outcome and hit up NIT/CBI chances if Iowa is sitting at 6-8 or worse, with the bubble almost certainly out of the question at this point and time.

I think the Hawks will get to the CBI.

Did any of you watch that fiasco last nite? We are woefully untalented, we have a huge whole in the middle, we seem to hit a 10 minute dry spell every game and we can't stop anyone from shooting 60% from 3 point range. Every time I get to this point we seem to win a game or 2 so maybe anything is possible. My guess is 2 more wins to get to 15, success after the last 4-5 years of torture.

Iowa can't matchup to NW, plain and simple, just like they can't matchup to MSU or OSU.

They will be fine, the team has shown it can come back, Iowa lacks a full roster with quality depth.

3 more wins out there and Iowa can't have a losing record, that is important given Iowa's lack of overall talent and depth.

Save the articles for next year Stormin' cause next year we goin' dancin. All you will need do is change the names and maybe the records and maybe the dates but most everything else will be ok...

At the beginning of the year we knew Iowa's success would depend on Basabe and Cartwright playing at the level they did last year or perhaps even better, in addition to other players stepping up including some of the freshmen. Most thought that with a LOT of luck the Hawks could have a very good year but most probably understood that this was going to be another year to sit through. Iowa just does not have the talent necessary to compete game in game out yet...but they have their moments and those moments are fun to watch. Those moments in years to come are going to become more and more frequent...

We have seen glimpses of good things from Iowa last year and this year, and not so good glimpses but we see a bright future and much better things to come.

I just wish Gatens had a couple of more years...he deserves to play with a good team.

Just hard to believe that one coach can destroy a program so totally and completely as Lickliter did...just incomprehensible.

Latest posts