So many people probably thought we'd be 5-1 at this point

Bigtenchamp

And has horrible as its been at times were still 4-2... so there is still hope.

However with this team - I just have no idea what will happen week to week.

To be realistic we probably will finish around 500 BUT we still got a chance and that still makes Saturdays

exciting.

I'm thrilled with the win, but I could easily see a scenario where we finish 4-4/6-6, but like the OP said, it makes for exciting Saturday's.

Preseason I thought we would be 4-2 at this point with losses to Iowa State & Michigan State. I also thought our offense would be a little better and our defense worse than they have turned out.

Success begets success.

Realistically, going 12-0 and going to the BCS championship wasn't going to happen, and even if we did go undefeated, in this years B1G, it wouldn't matter.

So the only record that matters is 2-0.

IF we win next week, and that's a HUGE if, we play two games where we have a realistic chance of winning - maybe not likely but they should be games.

Purdue has come back down to earth rather quickly.

No way, am I predicting 6-0 - as a matter of fact I'm predicting 1-2. But that bring us back home 3-2 in conference and playing for bowl eligibility against Purdue.

6-6 suddenly seems feasible.

I'm thrilled with the win, but I could easily see a scenario where we finish 4-4/6-6, but like the OP said, it makes for exciting Saturday's.

True but three weeks ago most of us did not think six wins was attainable. If this defense can keep playing this well and if Vandy can figure how to be a QB again, this team has a chance.

After the CMU game, I'm definitely happy with where we are at. Especially as optimisitic as I feel about the rest of the season.

First things first... PSU.

All that matters to me is we're undefeated in conference play. We could be 2-4 right now IMO as long as those two wins were conference wins.

I am still trying to figure out how this defense gave up 32 points to Central Michigan.

They came out flat with bad tackling like they did against ISU and northern iowa. Then they played with passion until 2 minutes left in the game when they got passive again.

I am with you, I still cant believe the first half especially against CMU but it might be a blessing in disquise.

Our D will keep us in games. The only difference between 7-5 and 10-2 is Vandenberg. He is falling behind the rest of his team in terms of progression. Everyone else is getting better except him. If he can somehow rally back to being a serviceable QB, this team could do big things.

Our D will keep us in games. The only difference between 7-5 and 10-2 is Vandenberg. He is falling behind the rest of his team in terms of progression. Everyone else is getting better except him. If he can somehow rally back to being a serviceable QB, this team could do big things.

This is absolutely true. I dont get it...JVB has just been Horrible. The schemes dont seem much different so its hard to explain why he is playing so poorly?? I think everyone here is hoping he finds a groove in the second half of the season

I am still trying to figure out how this defense gave up 32 points to Central Michigan.

I would love for this Defense to face MSU type offenses day in and day out. Penn State is another team that we should perform well against. After the Penn State game, Iowa Offense will need to get it's head out of it's you know what..

The passing game is a headscratcher to be sure. Vandy needs to relax and the receivers need to get more separation. If the passing game gets to where the running game is...this is a pretty damn good team.

Remember all the personal foul calls on Iowa that kept many drives alive?

Iowa has lost two they should have could have won and won one I gave them no chance in, if they took care of CM I'm sure we would be close to cracking the top 25.

This is absolutely true. I dont get it...JVB has just been Horrible. The schemes dont seem much different so its hard to explain why he is playing so poorly?? I think everyone here is hoping he finds a groove in the second half of the season
IMO all he has to do to be better is step up into the pocket instaed of standing there like a statue, this would allow him to keep his eyes down field for the extra second or two he needs to throw the ball down the field instead of checking it down so damn quick.

Some of you are giving the receivers a lot of credit here.. While they certainly have stepped up their game in actually catching balls thrown to them (as they should).. They are still running a lot of really shaky routes. When we need 7 yards and they're running 4-5 yard routes it's extremely frustrating, and that is 100% on them not realizing where the marker is. Vandy can certainly still sling it deep, and I really think we need to utilize his one excellent throw a lot more. Play action has to open up deep throws at this point with teams showing Mark so much respect each game. It's been extremely frustrating though seeing how poor Vandy's touch has been on a lot of short throws this year.

Latest posts