So if KF were to announce his retirement today...

i don't like blood dynasties in politics or sports or business.

meritocracy is the only way to succeed in life in spite of what a certain particular worldview states.

i don't like blood dynasties in politics or sports or business.

meritocracy is the only way to succeed in life in spite of what a certain particular worldview states.

I agree, but what had KF done to merit getting the Iowa job after HF? Was it his losing record at Maine? His permanent place as a position coach in major college and the NFL? Sometimes understanding the culture of a place and having a vision to sustain and grow the culture is equally important, which is why KF got the job. According to the players on the selection committee, KF was the only coach that was interviewed that came with a laid out plan to continue Hawkeye football. I think once KF retires in 2025, BF will have all of the requisite experience, merit, and ability to continue the Hawkeye tradition.

I agree, but what had KF done to merit getting the Iowa job after HF? Was it his losing record at Maine? His permanent place as a position coach in major college and the NFL? Sometimes understanding the culture of a place and having a vision to sustain and grow the culture is equally important, which is why KF got the job. According to the players on the selection committee, KF was the only coach that was interviewed that came with a laid out plan to continue Hawkeye football.
i don't disagree with any of this. i was disputing Brian getting the HC job just because of his last name or just because he's the OC.

KF wasn't handed the job because of his bloodline. apparently there was merit to him getting the job based on his interview(s) and interviews with people that know him. that's merit, also.

It would be interesting to hear what the other coaches on the staff think about BF. More thank likely our perception is skewed but maybe there would be buy in from the existing staff and they would be ready to follow him.

Obviously you have to have that good dynamic between all parties so you are all on the same page. Maybe we have read the whole situation wrong and it would be a really good fit

... would you be onboard if Brian Ferentz were announced as head coach?

I gotta admit, I've been wavering back and forth for the last two seasons on this topic. But after the Holiday Bowl, I think he gets it that our offense needs to grow out of the 19th century. I'm ready for more Ferentz. How about you?
Hell no. Jesus the offense is ranked 98th in the nation, so he calls 1 good game against a terrible USC defense, and now all of a sudden it is okay for him to be the head coach?

Latest posts