So how much trouble are we talking?

I'm sure all of them will deny it, and the NCAA will struggle to prove any of it. The schools will deny knowledge of any of it since they can claim the parents/agents brokered deals without their knowledge.

Fran should get a $10M and 5 year extension for not being named.

I saw the Barnstormer's fired Stephen. I hope that doesn't have anything to do with this since we've had a lot of guys from that program.

Meanwhile, back in Iowa....Fran is still our coach, ISU still sucks, and do I eat beef or fish tonight? Hmm. Which one of these examples will I have better chance of digesting? I know that Fran sucks as a coach, and ISU will always suck, I guess I'll go with the fish

I'm sure all of them will deny it, and the NCAA will struggle to prove any of it. The schools will deny knowledge of any of it since they can claim the parents/agents brokered deals without their knowledge.

Well this is the FBI not the NCAA doing all the leg work here. So there's that. They can't do anything about preventing a nutjob kid they've been warned about from shooting up a school but they can nail these schools to the wall. Go figure

I've been told by the board experts that nothing is going to happen. They are typically right. It will be interesting to watch. The national media seem to think this is more of a story, but they are trying to sell content.

Unfortunately, the more teams/colleges that are implicated, the more watered-down the punishment or sanctions will be. NCAA can't afford to have ALL the blue blood schools punished at the same time.

2020 NCAA Final Four = Indiana State - Vanderbilt - Texas Tech - Iowa

Well this is the FBI not the NCAA doing all the leg work here. So there's that. They can't do anything about preventing a nutjob kid they've been warned about from shooting up a school but they can nail these schools to the wall. Go figure

There are different divisions of the FBI.

Unfortunately, the more teams/colleges that are implicated, the more watered-down the punishment or sanctions will be. NCAA can't afford to have ALL the blue blood schools punished at the same time.

2020 NCAA Final Four = Indiana State - Vanderbilt - Texas Tech - Iowa
I was going to say if you eliminate the top 20ish schools from contention the next few years we might just be able to make the dance... (how sad is that)

Meanwhile, back in Iowa....Fran is still our coach, ISU still sucks, and do I eat beef or fish tonight? Hmm. Which one of these examples will I have better chance of digesting? I know that Fran sucks as a coach, and ISU will always suck, I guess I'll go with the fish
war-of-roses-pee-fish.jpg

I'd pass on the fish.

Don't give Bary Larta any more ideas :)

I bet Buyout Barta is thinking double that amount.

"Unethical agents have been an issue in college athletics-particularly men's basketball and football-for many years despite repeated educational efforts by the schools," Hill's statement said. "... Personally, I welcome the scrutiny on the sport of men's basketball because the behavior of some agents, along with reports of other illegal recruiting activities, is hurting the sport.

This will be their excuse. It has nothing to do with the coach or the school. It is all on the agent and the athlete.

"I think everyone knows that there are billions of people in the world, as a coach, I just can't police everything that goes on out there...I told my people to make sure they follow the NCAA rules and they try, but no one can read or understand all the rules...my record speaks for itself...I plan to get back to doing the work I was hired to do."

That should work...

I was going to say if you eliminate the top 20ish schools from contention the next few years we might just be able to make the dance... (how sad is that)

I was going to say, maybe Barta is a genius this whole time and knows Fran is the only one not on a list and Iowa will be a top 5 team after all the others get taken down! It is our only hope at this point, one can dream right :)

Teams identified in FBI probe
The following teams were mentioned in Yahoo!'s report. Other teams such as Auburn, Arizona and Oklahoma State were implicated when the original charges came out last September.

Potential impermissible benefits and preferential treatment for players and families
Alabama, Duke, Kentucky, LSU, Maryland, Michigan State, NC State, North Carolina, Seton Hall, Texas, USC, Washington

Schools named in former ASM Sports employee Christian Dawkins' expense reports (seeking reimbursement for thousands of dollars he paid to college and high school players and their families)
Clemson, Kansas, Louisville, Michigan State, South Carolina, Texas, USC, Utah, Wichita State, Xavier

Schools that had players/families listed as meeting with Dawkins
Alabama, Creighton, Duke, Iowa State, Kentucky, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Texas, Vanderbilt, Virginia

Schools with active players implicated
Alabama (Collin Sexton), Duke (Wendell Carter), Kentucky (Kevin Knox), Michigan State (Miles Bridges), South Carolina (Brian Bowen), Texas (Eric Davis Jr.), USC (Bennie Boatwright)

Schools with former players implicated
Clemson, Creighton, Iowa State, Kansas, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, Utah, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Washington, Wichita State, Xavier

Latest posts