So, Fran spoke with Jarrod Uthoff today

According to the rules,there was absolutely no contact allowed between anyone at Iowa and Jarrod,until today. So, Jarrod was technically gambling that Fran would allow him to walk on to the Iowa bb squad when he could first discuss it today. It appears that Fran is receptive to Jarrod walking on to the Iowa bb program....so now,Jarrod can finally begin to have contact with the Iowa coaching staff and start to learn about their way of doing things.....good news,welcome aboard,Jarrod.

Do you really think Jarrod took a flyer to attend Iowa with the hope that he would be allowed to walk-on and ultimately get a s'ship after a year? If you honestly believe in your heart of hearts that there weren't any behind the scenes discussions several layers removed or covert smoke signals from I.C. to C.R. then I want some of your naivety. Oh JH, I have 4 season tickets almost on the 50, East Stands, row 42 with seat backs and parking that I'm trying to give away. Would you be interested?

You guys are high as hell, or naive as hell, if you think Jarrod and Fran haven't been talking for months. This is D1 college basketball boys and Fran gets it. Jarrod didn't just walk on to Iowa, he was recruited. Glad we are playing the game

You guys are high as hell, or naive as hell, if you think Jarrod and Fran haven't been talking for months. This is D1 college basketball boys and Fran gets it. Jarrod didn't just walk on to Iowa, he was recruited. Glad we are playing the game

This is D1 BB, and Fran does get it. That is why I would be willing to bet almost anything that there was ZERO direct contact between the two. Fran's not stupid, and you can communicate without directly talking to him.

Do you really think Jarrod took a flyer to attend Iowa with the hope that he would be allowed to walk-on and ultimately get a s'ship after a year? If you honestly believe in your heart of hearts that there weren't any behind the scenes discussions several layers removed or covert smoke signals from I.C. to C.R. then I want some of your naivety. Oh JH, I have 4 season tickets almost on the 50, East Stands, row 42 with seat backs and parking that I'm trying to give away. Would you be interested?

So you are suggesting that Fran broke NCAA and Big Ten rules and recruited Uthoff? I think you are accusing Fran of something that he did not do. Todays contact between Fran and Jarrod was the first contact since he signed an LOI to Wisconsin as per the rules. I believe that,and if you have evidence suggesting elsewise, I suggest you confront Fran with it.

Excuse the **** out of me for not knowing every little bit of minutia about Iowa basketball. Believe it or not I have more important things to think about than little plastic pellets and a couple of derpy little dogs.

aw Jeez, since you have so many "important" things to be considering, how do you find time to post on HN?

So you are suggesting that Fran broke NCAA and Big Ten rules and recruited Uthoff? I think you are accusing Fran of something that he did not do. Todays contact between Fran and Jarrod was the first contact since he signed an LOI to Wisconsin as per the rules. I believe that,and if you have evidence suggesting elsewise, I suggest you confront Fran with it.

screw that, if you have evidence I suggest you burn it!

evidence...he's at iowa

For the first time in a long time (perhaps ever), I am looking forward more to the start of the basketball season than football.

Same here. Now, I'm still excited for football but also have hoops on the mind now too. I think come middle of October, we all will be ready for Iowa basketball.

This is D1 BB, and Fran does get it. That is why I would be willing to bet almost anything that there was ZERO direct contact between the two. Fran's not stupid, and you can communicate without directly talking to him.

Wow, you are naive. There is zero chance, nada, zilch, that Jarrod Uthoff simply "walked on" to Iowa. He was recruited and they were in contact some way. That's how it works though. Fran is doing nothing that nobody else in D1 (that's successful) isn't doing.

I bet that feels great. Finally being able to talk not only with your teammates, but the coaches and finally discussing his future has got to be a big weight off his back.

I can't even imagine how frustrating and stressful that wait was. Good for him to finally not have to worry about that and for Fran to call him first thing this morning. Excited for him at Iowa.

Do I think the two sat down face-to-face, skyped, or some other from of communication? No, not directly, but very indirectly, like several layers removed from each (you know, friend of a friend of a ....) had conversations. Nothing against any rules or remotely close to, but still there are ways while following the rules for off-the-record discussions to take place. Who know, maybe Jarrod sent a note in a bottle or helium balloon that just happened to make its way to Fran. However, while there's nothing to confront Fran about re: rules violations, you may want to talk to Jarrod and tell him how stupid he was to risk the potential of not being allowed to walk-on and/or earn a s'ship from Iowa over the known of ISU, etc.

About those tickets...., you in or out?

According to the rules,there was absolutely no contact allowed between anyone at Iowa and Jarrod,until today. So, Jarrod was technically gambling that Fran would allow him to walk on to the Iowa bb squad when he could first discuss it today. It appears that Fran is receptive to Jarrod walking on to the Iowa bb program....so now,Jarrod can finally begin to have contact with the Iowa coaching staff and start to learn about their way of doing things.....good news,welcome aboard,Jarrod.

Ok, yeah right. And Fran, upon finally meeting Mr Uthoff stated, "Damn, I thought you were black."

Wow, you are naive. There is zero chance, nada, zilch, that Jarrod Uthoff simply "walked on" to Iowa. He was recruited and they were in contact some way. That's how it works though. Fran is doing nothing that nobody else in D1 (that's successful) isn't doing.

So you got it all figured out I see. So did Fran talk to Uthoff before he declared he was leaving, he was the puppet master who orchestrated him leaving? Or are you saying that he went after him, after he left? Since you have inside knowledge, please elaborate.

Excuse the **** out of me for not knowing every little bit of minutia about Iowa basketball. Believe it or not I have more important things to think about than little plastic pellets and a couple of derpy little dogs.

I think you meant you had "other" things to do....

I am just glad that Uthoff dropped the fat ugly cheese head chick basketball program and decided to go with hot good looking hawkeye basketball program. Right decision and a show of true brilliance.