So Fran has Iowa a 1 seed

This is a game where Iowa can prove it belongs to big dance. I hope they dont have a hangover from not getting in and be ready. This is a dangerous Coyote team. We are 1-1 at home vs teams from this cinference.

I don't think they will have a hang over. Our guys are gonna come out to play with the intentions of going to New York and prove to everyone they should have been in the Big dance.

Jordan Bohannon won't be getting all those open threes next year as there will not be a double team on Jok. Iowa still needs a true point guard that is quick on quick.

Moss at times has showed he can be explosive and I really really like how he can take contact and finish at the rim and put it in the hoop. That is a sign of greatness. If he can just learn a little more and make better decisions of when to pull back when the numbers aren't there, then I think he has the possibility of being THAT GUY.

Jordan Bohannon won't be getting all those open threes next year as there will not be a double team on Jok. Iowa still needs a true point guard that is quick on quick.

He didn't get them when Jok was out and still managed to score about 15 points per game.

In a competition to be the 69th best team in the country.

And the Iowa fanbase cheers.

Wow. Just wow.
OMG - This is actually BETTER than expected. Most intelligent Hawks fans knew the NCAA was a long shot. The fact Iowa was even in the discussion, and the NIT #1 seed is proof of that, is a good thing for this squad.

Go back to your hole, troll.

GO HAWKS!!!

A lot of JBo's 3s weren't "open" though. He created space on quite a few of them and shot some from way deep that most players can't cover in time.

Exactly how I feel. It's kind of a bummer to apparently be so close to getting into the dance and not make it, but at the same time, that means it was a solid year for such a young team. That doesn't mean I'm "happy" about being in the NIT but it just kind of is what it is when you lose so much from a year ago. Heck, I even remember a Kentucky team losing a first round NIT game a few years ago. It happens.

I also will expect more next season, but in the meantime, I'm going to just relax and keep a little perspective about this 2016-17 season.

Exactly. Kentucky lost their first round NIT game the year we went to the final, BTW.

Think about this: after getting blown out in our first BTT game, we are STILL in the "First Four Out" category. Meaning, the committee pretty much knew the Hawks were good enough, ran into the Indiana buzzsaw, but are still a good enough team to get into discussions.

This seems like about a post from someone that didn't actually watch games

This seems like about a post from someone that didn't actually watch games

If you want to say we need a better point guard that's one thing. But having a point guard with different strengths and weaknesses doesn't really change much. Just because he's quick doesn't mean he can make the shot, make a good pass, or make good decisions in general.

I liken the quick point guard complaint to the complaints about not getting grad transfers. Fans want the one thing they don't have, and think having that one thing is the difference between sucking bad and being awesome.

Exactly. Kentucky lost their first round NIT game the year we went to the final, BTW.

Think about this: after getting blown out in our first BTT game, we are STILL in the "First Four Out" category. Meaning, the committee pretty much knew the Hawks were good enough, ran into the Indiana buzzsaw, but are still a good enough team to get into discussions.

Indiana Buzzsaw? You mean the 7-11, 18-15 buzzsaw that is an NIT 3 seed?

Indiana Buzzsaw? You mean the 7-11, 18-15 buzzsaw that is an NIT 3 seed?
The same, extremely talented, Indiana team that beat Kansas and UNC, just like we were the team to beat Wisconsin, Maryland, Purdue, and Iowa State. Only looking at their record is a gross oversimplification.

The same, extremely talented, Indiana team that beat Kansas and UNC, just like we were the team to beat Wisconsin, Maryland, Purdue, and Iowa State. Only looking at their record is a gross oversimplification.

Got it, if I use italics I can justify any shit storm - lets add bold to feel even better about the NIT. Omaha was extremely talented.

Jordan Bohannon won't be getting all those open threes next year as there will not be a double team on Jok.

giphy.gif

I am only replying to the Jordan won't get open shots. I would also like to add a better backup PG than would allow Jordan to move off the ball some. Yet Jordan didn't have open shots this year. He just seemed open because he shot it from 25' and nobody can guard out to 25' effectively. It wasn't like Jordan only hit shots cause he was wide open.

In a competition to be the 69th best team in the country.

And the Iowa fanbase cheers.

Wow. Just wow.

Forget that there is such a thing as auto-bids in the NCAA tournament?

Could be more realistic to consider this to be tournament winner to be slotted 20 through 35th preseason next year. NIT is a huge let down for a senior led team, but winning it could do something for young team full of potential.

this thread begs a sub question... What would be better for this team and the program?

One and done in the big dance... or making it to Madison Square Garden in the NIT?

Latest posts