So Fran has Iowa a 1 seed

If you want to say we need a better point guard that's one thing. But having a point guard with different strengths and weaknesses doesn't really change much. Just because he's quick doesn't mean he can make the shot, make a good pass, or make good decisions in general.

I liken the quick point guard complaint to the complaints about not getting grad transfers. Fans want the one thing they don't have, and think having that one thing is the difference between sucking bad and being awesome.

It's crazy, but after all JBo did this year that narrative is still out there. They have like 3 or 4 threads about it on TOS.

I'll take a good player at PG and JBo is just that. I have no reason to believe that JBo couldn't be the starting PG on a B1G championship team with the right surrounding pieces. Our offense will be fine over the next three years. If we can put together a strong defense I think we will be in good shape. Sure JBo's defense leaves something to be desired, but IMO his offensive ability more than makes up for it.

So - are you also saying that every team with an automatic bid from all those podunk conferences are better than Iowa?
No. What he's saying is something outrageous so he can sit back and admire his work.

OMG - This is actually BETTER than expected. Most intelligent Hawks fans knew the NCAA was a long shot. The fact Iowa was even in the discussion, and the NIT #1 seed is proof of that, is a good thing for this squad.

Go back to your hole, troll.

GO HAWKS!!!

Sorry, pal, but I've been around this board long enough and in its various iterations through the years that most people know I am passionate about Hawkeye athletics and want Iowa teams to succeed. I am a realist. Not a troll.

Sorry, pal, but I've been around this board long enough and in its various iterations through the years that most people know I am passionate about Hawkeye athletics and want Iowa teams to succeed. I am a realist. Not a troll.

You spelled pessimist wrong.

It's funny when people have views that are different than everyone else's but they think they're right and everyone else is wrong.

If that were true, you'd realize how much this team overachieved and how the NIT should be good for them. Instead you constantly piss and moan about how we should "expect more" even though Fran has had a lot of success with a program he's basically had to bring back from the dead,

I'd be lying if I said I saw every Iowa game, but JBo got a lot of his shots completely on his own, or on kick-outs from post players. That will absolutely be there next year. It's not like Jok's guy was sagging off of him to double team him 20 feet from the hoop.

I'd be lying if I said I saw every Iowa game, but JBo got a lot of his shots completely on his own, or on kick-outs from post players. That will absolutely be there next year. It's not like Jok's guy was sagging off of him to double team him 20 feet from the hoop.

JBo is the best on the team at feeding the post. You can tell him and Pemsl have a connection and have been playing together for a while.

Agreed. I fail to see how losing Jok will impact JBo's ability to score from long range. I've never understood why people say that. I actually think the team runs better offense and gets better shots when Jok isn't playing because they aren't trying to force it through him.

NIT is such a crap shoot. You have teams excited and really motivated. There are teams that really don't want to be there and then those in between. In the real dance, all teams want to be there. Hard to tell where Iowa is at. My guess is they won't show up completely, but who knows. Iowa by 15 unless Iowa doesn't show or SD is really motivated. Strong chance of either. This team is not predictable. SD split with Omaha. The performance in tourney will mirror the season. Look great when you count them out. Look bad when you settle in with being good.

I'll stick with the +15 for this game.

I can't remember one example of jok being double teamed. It's just what people say when they want to "keep it real (stupid)."

I can't remember one example of jok being double teamed

I can - but it's not like it was every game all the time-Jbo also shot most of his 3's with someone right in his face. There is a narrative every season that peeps try and roll that Iowa is doomed with out its best player the next season. Didn't happen with Marble, didn't happen with White - It did happen I suppose with Uthoff but I think you have to also look at the departures of Sapp, MG and Woody to get a clear picture of that. Even with losing those 4 we were a win away from the dance this year.... It would have to go extremely south, and I mean several transfers, some key injuries for Iowa not to be a much better team next season and in the dance.

I can - but it's not like it was every game all the time-Jbo also shot most of his 3's with someone right in his face. There is a narrative every season that peeps try and roll that Iowa is doomed with out its best player the next season. Didn't happen with Marble, didn't happen with White - It did happen I suppose with Uthoff but I think you have to also look at the departures of Sapp, MG and Woody to get a clear picture of that. Even with losing those 4 we were a win away from the dance this year.... It would have to go extremely south, and I mean several transfers, some key injuries for Iowa not to be a much better team next season and in the dance.

The Hawks will be a 20+ win team next year. I firmly believe that.

They'll miss Jok at times. He's a streaky shooter. He'd get them points in bunches and that certainly helped them win some games. However, I think they will be more consistent without him. Plus they'll be better off defensively, and obviously some of the better teams in the B10 lose quite a bit. Meanwhile Iowa has a team full of players who will have received a boatload of experience after playing loads of minutes this year. Then when you look at the guys Iowa has coming in they are just what the team needs for added depth. I think Nunge and Garza will have a shot to contribute immediately off the bench. McCaffery might as well, but that depends on C. Williams. Seems like Bohannon has the PG position locked up for now.

Ok .. maybe the troll comment was a bit much. My apologies. (Must have been the beer talking.)

But this year, a realist would not have expected a number 1 seed in the NIT, let alone a ticket to the dance. This team has a bright future and that's what I'm cheering.

Just my $.02 .. .. GO HAWKS!!!

When you start out 3-5, you have to play like a 6 seed or so from that point on to get a first 4 out. I've got no desire to be mad about how bad we looked two months ago when we look so good now. Besides, I'll take 69 all day.

Not all day but this morning yes. Next year year it's the afternoon. The year after that it's the evening. I will have much higher expectati
It's funny when people have views that are different than everyone else's but they think they're right and everyone else is wrong.

Lol, that's politics.

Key injuries can sink anybody. Iowa has a ton of frontcourt depth but not much backcourt depth. If JBo or even Williams goes down makes things incredibly tight next year. but yes, I think the expectation should absolutely be for Iowa to be in the tourney the next 3 years.