So Fran has Iowa a 1 seed

Ok .. maybe the troll comment was a bit much. My apologies. (Must have been the beer talking.)

But this year, a realist would not have expected a number 1 seed in the NIT, let alone a ticket to the dance. This team has a bright future and that's what I'm cheering.

Just my $.02 .. .. GO HAWKS!!!

I thought it was interesting that a few thought we would be better this year with the freshmen than we were with a senior and junior laden team that had two four star recruits as seniors. Now don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong for fans to be optimistic about their favorite team. After all the term fan is derived from the word FANATICS.

I said from the beginning of the season that Fran would really have to prove his coaching ability to get this young team to the big dance............ and he damn near did it. I thought he did a great job coaching up these kids.

At the same time I have high expectations for the next two to three years and if we are still talking NIT then I am going to be very disappointed and critical of Fran. As for now........... hats off to Fran.

Last edited:
I agree. Most of his "open" looks were because of his range.

He has one of the quickest releases I have seen. The shot against Wisky proved he can dribble, pull up and release before defenders can react. Glad he is wearing the black n gold!