So...any reason.....

This is also why a run in the BTT is not at all out of the question IMO. I know a lot of people including me think 10-8 and a BTT win will get us in the tournament. However, I probably should be more vocal in my belief that this team will win more than 1 game in the BTT...highly motivated and have proven they have the talent to play with the other teams in the conference. Fran won't want to leave anything to chance IMO. Are there people that really think 10-8 and 2-1 isn't enough? Okay, I think we can go 3-1...not probable but possible especially with the right draw.

Yes - those couple games @Minny & Wisconsin where Marble really didn't even score.. 19-7 (8-5) right there if Marble is his usual self. And didn't have him against MSU at all.. So I'd say really more like 20-6.

Holy cow, this program is close to being really good - just need to get some guys to work on their outside shot this offseason. Adding Jok & Uthoff won't hurt, either!

Not sure where the stat currently sits, but I know Iowa was below 30% from behind the arc in conference games.

We are very close to being a top level Big Ten team and I think that's where we will be next season. If we had a slightly better team we would have won against Indiana, Mich State, @purdue, @minnesota, and @wisconsin. And we would be near the top of the conference and ranked in the top ten. And that is this year. Next year we won't just be slightly better. We'll be a lot better.

I'm gonna go out on a limb right now and predict Iowa will be ranked top 15 pre-season next year.. and hopefully live up to the hype.

This is also why a run in the BTT is not at all out of the question IMO. I know a lot of people including me think 10-8 and a BTT win will get us in the tournament. However, I probably should be more vocal in my belief that this team will win more than 1 game in the BTT...highly motivated and have proven they have the talent to play with the other teams in the conference. Fran won't want to leave anything to chance IMO. Are there people that really think 10-8 and 2-1 isn't enough? Okay, I think we can go 3-1...not probable but possible especially with the right draw.

Hey Windsor, congrats on being the best poster on the basketball board.

We are very close to being a top level Big Ten team and I think that's where we will be next season. If we had a slightly better team we would have won against Indiana, Mich State, @purdue, @minnesota, and @wisconsin. And we would be near the top of the conference and ranked in the top ten. And that is this year. Next year we won't just be slightly better. We'll be a lot better.

I'm gonna go out on a limb right now and predict Iowa will be ranked top 15 pre-season next year.. and hopefully live up to the hype.

A slightly better team might have beat Ohio State too. By this time next year we will be one of the 10 best teams in the nation even if the rankings don't say so.

I think next year we can be where indiana is this year in relation to the rest of the conference but not the rest of the nation. That means we can be in a 3 way tie for the best team with a noticeable drop off below us. As far as individual talent we won't be as good. Fortunately for us no one in the big 10 will be tho. Also just because we aren't individually as good doesn't mean we won't play as good as a team.

For those predicting significant improvement next season, where is the scoring going to come from? Which players (plural) are going to make large enough strides to move the needle? Lots to like with some of the guys, but Woodbury, Clemmons, Ingram, Olaseni, Oglesby and McCabe are extremely limited offensively. Gesell, Marble, Basabe and White have big ten game, but for the team to be better next year, someone other than Marble has to be able to create their own offense and we can't shoot 23% from 3. Put Brust on this team and we make the tournament this year. A lot rides on Jok, Uthoff and Meyer.

Latest posts