Slightly OT - Giordano's

I love a good thin crust pizza as well but I think you are confusing deep dish with thick crust pizza both are different styles. A good deep dish pizza is not a "loaf of bread".

Understood. I'll give you that there is some great deep dish za. But some are still pretty heavy on the crust.

NYers have no business reviewing Chicago pizza because they eat all pizza like it's a SLICE. Stuffed is eaten sitting down with a knife and fork.

Stuffed and pan are different styles, so you can't really compare Giordanos and Lous. And neither are loaves of bread.

Chicago thin is outstanding also, and Phoenix had a great place but they burned down.

Personally I think Pequods is best in Chicago

Gimme thin crust any day. You can have your loaf of bread.
Thin crust is terrific when properly done. Deep dish ain't not loaf of bread. the crust isn't thick, the toppings are. Totally different beastie.
Loaf of bread is Detroit style, still tasty though.

I loved Godfathers, so sad they both closed in Iowa City. Now the closest thing is a gas station in North Liberty and it's nowhere near the same :(

At least Pagliai's is still here!

They have a Giordanos in Phoenix also. It's pretty far north as I remember. It was damn good but I still prefer Lou's![/QUOTE
It's not located in the mall, but across Jordan Creek Parkway on the West side of the road. I have not been yet, but a buddy I work with said it was good. A little bit better than Wig & Pen Pizza, according to him.

Whenever I drive by, it is completely packed and I believe they're only open during dinner time and not for lunch yet. Going to wait until it dies down a little bit, then I'll report back.

Reminds me of the famous Yogi Berra quote: "That restaurant is so busy. Nobody goes there anymore."

Latest posts