Single Game Tickets

Hey guys. I want to come in from North Dakota for one home game this year. Not surprisingly, I want to go to either the Penn State or Nebraska game. How hard is it to get tickets on gameday? The prices on Stubhub for both of these games are ridiculous right now. Would the best strategy be to wait?

Any advice would be appreciated. I haven't been to a game in over 5 years, and it is time!

The best way to do it is to get them off of stubhub a few weeks before but monitor stubhub a month or so out regularly. The prices are all over the place. As an example, got 4, 7th row 40ish yard line tickets behind the MSU bench last year for about $135 each. On the same stubhub page, much worse seats were going for much more. They are all over the place, but if you are willing to monitor the site, you'll find a deal every time. People have to bail and unload their tix, no matter how good the game.

The best way to do it is to get them off of stubhub a few weeks before but monitor stubhub a month or so out regularly. The prices are all over the place. As an example, got 4, 7th row 40ish yard line tickets behind the MSU bench last year for about $135 each. On the same stubhub page, much worse seats were going for much more. They are all over the place, but if you are willing to monitor the site, you'll find a deal every time. People have to bail and unload their tix, no matter how good the game.

You paid $135 per ticket for seats in the 7th row and you think you got a deal?

i'd imagine the PSU game will be cheaper than the nebby game. those nebby fans will pay top dollar to come to the game. i hate nebby

yeah just keep watching stub hub. They'll come down. If they don't just make the trip anyways and try to scalp, if you can't scalp just go to the bar.

Getting tickets from scalpers is not hard. The only question is price. As another poster mentioned, if you can wait to purchase until 5 minutes after kickoff, you will get a very good deal.

Myself, I like to be in my seat 20 min before kickoff.

I'm heading to the northwestern game. Think I can work out some sort of barter for tickets? Maybe trade them a calculator?

You paid $135 per ticket for seats in the 7th row and you think you got a deal?

I have no idea what these seats are for the season ticket holders, but I am happy to pay $135 to sit close to the field between the 40s for a good conference game. I have no intention or need to pick them up on game day from scalpers and require multiple tix together. Presented with evidence that this is not a good price, I'll gladly admit overpaying.

I have no idea what these seats are for the season ticket holders, but I am happy to pay $135 to sit close to the field between the 40s for a good conference game. I have no intention or need to pick them up on game day from scalpers and require multiple tix together. Presented with evidence that this is not a good price, I'll gladly admit overpaying.

You didn't overpay. Between the 40s the donation is $600, we had 7 home games, so that works out to about $85 a game. Plus the face on the ticket is around $50. So there are a lot of people who are paying around $135 for those tickets ($150 this year with 6 home games) but the proles who sit in the endzones or who don't go to the games don't understand that. Iowa football tickets are the biggest ripoff in the Midwest. Ford Taurus quality for Lincoln Towncar prices.

BQuastU, I don't think you overpaid. You didn't get a "deal", but you got a fair price. Donation levels at the 40 are $600 per seat. So that is $85 per game. Season tickets cost a little more than $50 per game. So the value of those seats were $135 or a little higher. And the MSU game is in the upper half of the games on last year's schedule, so I guess the value drives even higher. And you were darn low so you got to enjoy the team's bench right in front of you. Maybe you did get a deal.

Some people think that going to a college football game means driving to the game with tickets in hand, tailgating, enjoying the day, getting in your seats a little early, seeing the Hawks take the field, and enjoying the start of the game. Other people think it means negotiating for tickets after the opening kickoff in order to save a few bucks. I'm in the first group, and it sounds like you are too.

University of Iowa Official Athletic Site Tickets

BQuastU, I don't think you overpaid. You didn't get a "deal", but you got a fair price. Donation levels at the 40 are $600 per seat. So that is $85 per game. Season tickets cost a little more than $50 per game. So the value of those seats were $135 or a little higher. And the MSU game is in the upper half of the games on last year's schedule, so I guess the value drives even higher. And you were darn low so you got to enjoy the team's bench right in front of you. Maybe you did get a deal.

Some people think that going to a college football game means driving to the game with tickets in hand, tailgating, enjoying the day, getting in your seats a little early, seeing the Hawks take the field, and enjoying the start of the game. Other people think it means negotiating for tickets after the opening kickoff in order to save a few bucks. I'm in the first group, and it sounds like you are too.

University of Iowa Official Athletic Site Tickets

Indeed. When I was in college, the latter was preferable b/c we often didn't bother going in and didn't have much $. Now that I live in DC and fly to the games, I have no interest in scalping at the last minute. My original point is that stubhub is very helpful and you can get very good prices at the last minute (relative last minute) if you are willing to monitor the site in the month or so leading up to it - notwithstanding the fees. Finally, being behind the visiting team's bench when you are losing is not pleasant.

Bravo Sports Marketing has some package deals. Not sure whether or not they are sold out yet, but I was able to get Nebraska tickets for $118 and it included a pass to Hawk Village. It's more than what I wanted to pay, but then again I had to have tickets to that game and I'm a very plan-oriented type of person. I can't stand going to a game to scalp and not having a ticket beforehand. I know it's not usually a problem, but I don't wanna mess with that on gameday.

You didn't overpay. Between the 40s the donation is $600, we had 7 home games, so that works out to about $85 a game. Plus the face on the ticket is around $50. So there are a lot of people who are paying around $135 for those tickets ($150 this year with 6 home games) but the proles who sit in the endzones or who don't go to the games don't understand that. Iowa football tickets are the biggest ripoff in the Midwest. Ford Taurus quality for Lincoln Towncar prices.
As much as I hate to admit it, the Iowa tickets do seem amazingly overpriced considering the "middle of the pack" status we find ourselves in now.

Iowa FB is the worst value in town and Iowa BB right now is the best!!!

Go ahead and compare Iowa prices to other B10 schools, and let me know when you find a better value. Iowa tickets are pretty darn reasonable and you are looking a gifthorse in the mouth if you complain about them. Don't listen to the Northestern troll.

Go ahead and compare Iowa prices to other B10 schools, and let me know when you find a better value. Iowa tickets are pretty darn reasonable and you are looking a gifthorse in the mouth if you complain about them. Don't listen to the Northestern troll.

Iowa prices are highway robbery. Iowa has generally been about a game a year better than Northwestern (but is light years ahead in crimes committed by players) and ticket prices are about 3x higher. The "donation" jacks up the prices a bunch. Sure, our tickets are cheaper than Wisconsin, Ohio State and Michigan, but their teams have actually been to the Rose Bowl at some point during most of their current students' lives. Kurt's gotta get paid. Taking knees and being completely blind to fake kicks and punts don't come cheap.

It's called supply and demand. If they had trouble selling them then they wouldn't be so high. Like it or not, it doesn't really have anything to do with results. If the fans stop coming they'll lower the price. With Iowa's fanbase, the chances of that happening anytime soon are pretty slim.

Latest posts