Signing Off HN

Status
Not open for further replies.
The version I've heard is that DJK kicked it over, Doyle made him carry it, and DJK being a goofball put it on his head.

Interesting, thanks for the version you heard which sounds different from the recent DJK letter. I will await more angles on this incident.

Social media attention is like blow. Everyone wants their high. And once they get a little they do more and more to try and keep the buzz going and things get worse as it escalates. This whole thing has been completely blown out of proportion and Rob kept the fire going. This site needs to be shut down.

This will be officially my last post at Hawkeye Nation. It’s been a pleasure posting with all of you and discussing hawkeye sports.

I can’t support this website any further. This has nothing to do with what side of the spectrum you fall on, whether you want everyone on the coaching staffs head or whether you support the players who want to kneel or whatever they decide to do, or whether you’re the opposite, that’s not what this is about.

Quite simply this is about journalistic integrity. At a time when Iowa is under intense scrutiny and national attention is the time when the journalist’s closest to the program need to be at their very best. The DJK article is written in such a slanted angle and filled with uncorroborated stories, with no chance to be defended. The issue there is that of course the majority of Iowa fans know DJK’s story and who he was when he was on campus at Iowa. But when the national pundits start spreading this one you are going to have people that don’t know the story running like heck with this one. Again, giving the accused zero chance for rebuttal and not corroborating any stories or providing context for what DJK’s transgressions were. Instead of looking for the truth, and looking for positive ways forward, this is simply pouring gasoline on the fire.

Lastly I want to special shout-out to @PCHawk and @InGoodCo .Two of the posters I interacted with the most frequently on here, I’ve enjoyed our discussions a great deal! I do hope a few folks get to see this post before it’s taken down. Most importantly, Go Hawks!
In this culture in this country right now, your are GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT on this type issues. Problem with that it is IMPOSSIBLE to prove your innocent, unless you can somehow produce a video of every second of your life showing it was IMPOSSIBLE to have done whatever you were accused of.
And, as a journalist, if you ‘SIT’ on this story/information, you will be deemed ‘PART OF THE PROBLEM!’
Really a no win situation. Especially for someone who also happens to be a FAN of the entity being accused.

My first instinct to the DJK thing was.... "yeah, look in context at who is saying this" and "this guy's been trying to deface the program for over a decade" ...and then I thought....wait, what if what DJK has been saying this whole time was right? Just because he was living in a drug house doesn't mean he's automatically disqualified from poor treatment from the Iowa coaching staff. In fact, now some of these stories make more sense many years after the fact. The incident involving the trash can is legendary and I know DJK tried to come out with information on how he was mistreated years ago but that was squashed by the much louder (mostly white crowd) of Iowa fans w/ a "back to your hole drug dealer". Discredited immediately.

Instead of me just saying "well, look in context who is saying this".... I stopped myself immediately and said "I need to listen" .... I'm glad I did.

As far as Rob's integrity? It's a fan site. You would think that he would cover both sides of this fairly since he has credentials. But, I'm probably in the minority when I say, Rob's been covering the good side and the coaches side of this for way too long, time to hear something else.

AND U GUYS KNOW I LOVE IOWA FOOTBALL AND THEIR COACHES. It's time to listen to what is being said IMO and stop dismissing notions I may have had prior to these stories coming out. There is clear patterns of misconduct at this point.

I too have enjoyed our conversations Nike. We didn't always see eye to eye, but we battled em out. Thanks for contributions and god speed. I hope you reconsider and come back.

So, if we listen to what is being said, does James Daniels's most recent activity "cancel" the 2018 early entry statement where he literally gave glowing praise/thanks to Doyle and both Ferentzes?

Granted, it's not as many conflicting versions as DJK, but...

Between this mess and the covid mess, Iowa might be able to host games at Iowa City West. KF has been good for Iowa, but I’m afraid the only way forward is to clean house in the football program.

I have no doubt other coaches will use this against Iowa so I understand your point about moving forward without him might be best.

On the flip side, Iowa currently has 4/10 assistant coaches that are black. Assuming Doyle is let go, his replacement may also be black if KF promotes his top assistant. And KF does like to promote within.

How many other P5 programs can say the same?

I too am considering leaving this site. Haven’t made up my mind yet. I’m gonna let this play out some more before I make a final decision. But for a player tell us that if we don’t agree with them that we don’t need to come to their games or they won’t sign autographs for kids is total bullshit. How about if he doesn’t respect our opinions, he doesn’t need to let himself get hit in the ass on his way out the f*cking door!
I am just waiting to see if some or all of Iowa Football is going to get decimated by James Daniels first coming on social media and spouting off about discrepancies in the Iowa culture. Hey, we are all upset about what happened to George Floyd, he didn’t deserve what happened to him. But I am not going to sit here and pretend that he was some kind of martyr either. He was a career criminal and once held a young pregnant black woman at gunpoint while a bunch of black thugs invaded her home! Call it karma or whatever, but maybe the guy was destined for his own outcome. His real crime is that of a wasted life. The penalty for that...is death.

I have been asking for corroboration on DJK's story of Doyle making him run with the trash can over his head. I dont remember ever hearing about this. You say it is legendary.

so you are saying that it is true that Doyle made DJK run around the practice area with a trash can over his head??

Really?? And what was the reason for this punishment??

If true Doyle should be gone.
Iowa players have corroborated that story on podcasts for years. He was in “the dog house” of the coaching staff.

So, if we listen to what is being said, does James Daniels's most recent activity "cancel" the 2018 early entry statement where he literally gave glowing praise/thanks to Doyle and both Ferentzes?

Granted, it's not as many conflicting versions as DJK, but...

I’m just willing to listen with these other stories coming to light. I am. I think that’s part of the change we need. To not discredit people, especially people I support like Iowa Football players. I don’t discredit Doyle either. I think he needs to tell his story as well.

I also think it helps KF case of being unaware of the going’s on. I mean, 3 months ago these same guys were praising this coach. It’s not cut and dry imo and has many layers. Ya can’t just call it “bullshit” tho, because that means your not willing to hear these players plights. IMO we gotta at least listen and more so, we should find out if this is how the culture is at our program.

I’m just willing to listen with these other stories coming to light. I am. I think that’s part of the change we need. To not discredit people, especially people I support like Iowa Football players. I don’t discredit Doyle either. I think he needs to tell his story as well.

I also think it helps KF case of being unaware of the going’s on. I mean, 3 months ago these same guys were praising this coach. It’s not cut and dry imo and has many layers. Ya can’t just call it “bullshit” tho, because that means your not willing to hear these players plights. IMO we gotta at least listen and more so, we should find out if this is how the culture is at our program.

Why even tweet that? So they can make themselves feel better about Doyle's son transfering?

Some things can't be unsaid or undone.

Couple of thoughts I took from the On Iowa pod

This is why nepotism is a thing. You have a hard time managing blood and treating it fairly. Also, loyalty to the trust...ie - coaches in place at one job for 10-15 years. Iowa has a lot of "made" guys in their program and fans who have followed it thru the years know that.

21 years of unchecked authority leads to corrosion in most cases. I can't be the guy who pointed at Dantonio or Joe Pa and say "look" and then try and play this down.

This will be officially my last post at Hawkeye Nation. It’s been a pleasure posting with all of you and discussing hawkeye sports.

I can’t support this website any further. This has nothing to do with what side of the spectrum you fall on, whether you want everyone on the coaching staffs head or whether you support the players who want to kneel or whatever they decide to do, or whether you’re the opposite, that’s not what this is about.

Quite simply this is about journalistic integrity. At a time when Iowa is under intense scrutiny and national attention is the time when the journalist’s closest to the program need to be at their very best. The DJK article is written in such a slanted angle and filled with uncorroborated stories, with no chance to be defended. The issue there is that of course the majority of Iowa fans know DJK’s story and who he was when he was on campus at Iowa. But when the national pundits start spreading this one you are going to have people that don’t know the story running like heck with this one. Again, giving the accused zero chance for rebuttal and not corroborating any stories or providing context for what DJK’s transgressions were. Instead of looking for the truth, and looking for positive ways forward, this is simply pouring gasoline on the fire.

Lastly I want to special shout-out to @PCHawk and @InGoodCo .Two of the posters I interacted with the most frequently on here, I’ve enjoyed our discussions a great deal! I do hope a few folks get to see this post before it’s taken down. Most importantly, Go Hawks!

Rob Howe is a joke. And it’s been apparent to me he has an axe to grind against KF since he called him out and made him look dumb in front of his media friends. Rob shortly after starting writing hit pieces on the Iowa team after every little fumble. In fact it seem like he was close to exposed by ‘us’ for being a horrible writer........ then he wrote an article about getting touched as a kid during the PSU scandal, played the victim card and won back some hearts with sympathy. Yawn.

DJK came out on twitter and said #1 KF is not racist. He said #2 He was a loud superstar and Iowa prefers quiet hard workers. Rob is just running with a fake narrative.

So I too will be signing off of HN. I mainly lurk. I also won’t be supporting the football team because of their cowardly actions. A bunch of weak kids crying about spilt breast milk, when the coaches are trying to carve them out of stone and direct them out of the path of City Boyz INC.

Most my friends feel this way too. If Rob can cause/help spread faux outrage on Doyle, I can stop supporting a website. Peace. Go Wrestling Team

Iowa players have corroborated that story on podcasts for years. He was in “the dog house” of the coaching staff.

So the real story is DJK kicked or knocked over a trash can, Doyle told him to put it back or carry it around, and DJK was the one who put it over his head as a stunt or to be funny, which is a no harm kind of thing all around.

So the real story is DJK kicked or knocked over a trash can, Doyle told him to put it back or carry it around, and DJK was the one who put it over his head as a stunt or to be funny, which is a no harm kind of thing all around.

I don't know the real story, I wasn't there, but according to the person it happened to, that is not how he recalls it.

You and me both. I guess that happens when you are older and not popping out deductions or rich and can't write off that beach house as a business expense.
Clowns to the left of me and joker's to the right.
I thought you said you were out.

Rob Howe is a joke. And it’s been apparent to me he has an axe to grind against KF since he called him out and made him look dumb in front of his media friends. Rob shortly after starting writing hit pieces on the Iowa team after every little fumble. In fact it seem like he was close to exposed by ‘us’ for being a horrible writer........ then he wrote an article about getting touched as a kid during the PSU scandal, played the victim card and won back some hearts with sympathy. Yawn.

DJK came out on twitter and said #1 KF is not racist. He said #2 He was a loud superstar and Iowa prefers quiet hard workers. Rob is just running with a fake narrative.

So I too will be signing off of HN. I mainly lurk. I also won’t be supporting the football team because of their cowardly actions. A bunch of weak kids crying about spilt breast milk, when the coaches are trying to carve them out of stone and direct them out of the path of City Boyz INC.

Most my friends feel this way too. If Rob can cause/help spread faux outrage on Doyle, I can stop supporting a website. Peace. Go Wrestling Team
1) People who feel the need to scream to others that they don't care, really do care. If this place is so shitty why do you come back?

2) You don't support the football team, and you didn't support this website. Don't lie to us. You drop more money on meth in a weekend than you've ever paid to Iowa football. Which is saying something because meth is pretty cheap from what @earlkoppelman has told me.

3) See ya when you come crawling back because you can't stay away.

Last edited:
HR has a lot of donors and legit insiders as members who post regularly. For example, HawkGasser on HR is Brent Feller, an anesthesiologist in CR who donates millions. He’s the guy in the front row of every basketball game next to the scorer’s table. The guy with the wife who looks like a hungover Ozzy Osbourne. He’s always jumping out of his seat and jawing the refs. The dude actually flies with the basketball team.

Anyway, like I mentioned there’s lots of people there with real deal connections to the programs on HR (hence all the breaking stories and privileged info) and that’s naturally why you see all the hate directed to Rob and the players. Many of them spend a heaping F ton of money donating to a program that they don’t want to see go down the shitter, regardless of how players are being treated.
I enjoy the Hawks at a much cheaper cost. Lol I still feel that the good Lord will be chuckling a little at me like at the gates..."really, you liked the Hawks THAT much, mmmkay"....but not at the insane levels of the people you mentioned. To each his own. Insider is just a little before the rest of us. I enjoyed my seat high up where the booze is right behind me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.