Signing Off HN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I felt the need to clear the air on a couple of things I’ve seen in here. Honestly I thought it would be taken down. But the post was really about the posters I have interacted with on this site and such is this final response.

For those saying “this was just DJK’s statement” are you crazy? DJK has over 14,000 Twitter followers, many of them hawkeye fans, he has an avenue and voice. Now let’s talk about the article. Cover photo DJK his beautiful wife and young kid... why not him playing at Iowa? Sheesh I wonder. What does the post talk about? DJK has another kid on the way, just got his dream job of coaching in college, had great stats at Iowa. Zero mentions in the precursor to his statement on his transgressions at Iowa, or him congratulating Kirk and calling him a legend. None. It was incredibly slanted if your eyes were even remotely open. The article gave him an avenue and credibility. It was disgusting journalism.

Second, I am not with the people blaming the current players and saying they aren’t going to watch. I’m absolutely going to stay an Iowa fan and keep watching, regardless of what they do. I actually think a lot of good will come and was coming out of this, although this article put that in jeopardy quite frankly.

Lastly, I am not with cancel culture in the slightest, and that’s not what this is. I’m not sitting here telling anyone else to stop coming here. If you go to a store and buy a product that’s defective and they don’t refund you do you keep going back? If you go to a restaurant and get shitty food do you keep going there? We all make decisions as consumers every day and Im making a decision to use a different platform. I don’t hate Rob, I’m not going to come after him on Twitter. I think he made a mistake certainly here but I’m not trying to ruin his life. This is a personal decision not cancel culture.

Okay that’s it, that’s all. Go Hawks!

I think you will be back....you can't help yourself. Come basketball season you are going to feel the need to voice your opinion to about everyone. The 5% chance you don't come back I have to say you are one of the posters that made me do my homework either to agree/back what you were saying or come up with a counter-argument. I am going to miss that if you are truly gone for good.

This will be officially my last post at Hawkeye Nation. It’s been a pleasure posting with all of you and discussing hawkeye sports.

I can’t support this website any further. This has nothing to do with what side of the spectrum you fall on, whether you want everyone on the coaching staffs head or whether you support the players who want to kneel or whatever they decide to do, or whether you’re the opposite, that’s not what this is about.

Quite simply this is about journalistic integrity. At a time when Iowa is under intense scrutiny and national attention is the time when the journalist’s closest to the program need to be at their very best. The DJK article is written in such a slanted angle and filled with uncorroborated stories, with no chance to be defended. The issue there is that of course the majority of Iowa fans know DJK’s story and who he was when he was on campus at Iowa. But when the national pundits start spreading this one you are going to have people that don’t know the story running like heck with this one. Again, giving the accused zero chance for rebuttal and not corroborating any stories or providing context for what DJK’s transgressions were. Instead of looking for the truth, and looking for positive ways forward, this is simply pouring gasoline on the fire.

Lastly I want to special shout-out to @PCHawk and @InGoodCo .Two of the posters I interacted with the most frequently on here, I’ve enjoyed our discussions a great deal! I do hope a few folks get to see this post before it’s taken down. Most importantly, Go Hawks!
As long as you will still remember to like my posts I give you permission to leave.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts