Signing Day Thread

WR Derrick Willies

[video=youtube;QPkplOVKRG4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPkplOVKRG4[/video]

Willies looks good, but the Western Big 6 conference in Illinois is hot garbage; I know I went to HS in it. He busted one against my alma mater UT (United Township HS) around the 2 minute mark, but UT has been and is awful, I mean real awful. My Dad is a Rotarian in East Moline and met the team one day at lunch, some kid sat next to him. My Dad asks him if he plays safety or linebacker, kid answers "guard". 5-8 170. They should just drop a few daisy cutter bombs on my hometown, so sad.

1. What happened to Josh Augusta (know he wasn't going Iowa's way, but just curious)
2. Has Ruben Dunbar decided? Is he deciding?

Willies looks good, but the Western Big 6 conference in Illinois is hot garbage; I know I went to HS in it. He busted one against my alma mater UT (United Township HS) around the 2 minute mark, but UT has been and is awful, I mean real awful. My Dad is a Rotarian in East Moline and met the team one day at lunch, some kid sat next to him. My Dad asks him if he plays safety or linebacker, kid answers "guard". 5-8 170. They should just drop a few daisy cutter bombs on my hometown, so sad.

Please go home for a visit when they do.

1. What happened to Josh Augusta (know he wasn't going Iowa's way, but just curious)
2. Has Ruben Dunbar decided? Is he deciding?

1. Augusta signed with Mizzou.
2. Dunbar has academic issues. He is likely to sign with NIU, but I've heard he'll probably end up at a juco.

Comparing us to Georgia and Alabama? Glad you have a clue.

I do have a clue. I know we constantly never get recruits from schools who are at our level. I hate to sound like a broken record but we compete with mid level schools for recruits. I cannot believe that our recruiting rankings, when you look at our facilities, fan support etc. is not called into question because of our 4 million dollar loafer.

I look forward to seeing Josey Jewell play. He reminds me a lot of Pat Angerer.

Yunno, I was seeing some Angerer stuff there too. But, Pat really was on a different level. I remember seeing Pat play and I thought to myself that he reminded me of seeing Jason Kidd play basketball in high school.

Jewell has some pop in his hit and does a nice job with his assignment. But, Pat just was ahead of the ball wherever it was on the field.

As for the guy who responded with the Morris comment. I have to tell you, Morris would be between Jewell and Angerer in my book.

I do have a clue. I know we constantly never get recruits from schools who are at our level. I hate to sound like a broken record but we compete with mid level schools for recruits. I cannot believe that our recruiting rankings, when you look at our facilities, fan support etc. is not called into question because of our 4 million dollar loafer.

Constantly? I don't think that's true. But look at it from another perspective. Indiana beat us out for a kid. That kid was from Indiana. That happens all the time, to all schools. Rucker chose Iowa over Minny. He is from Minny. Are we on their level?

What you pay a damn coach has nothing to do with the situation. At all. This program makes a ton of money - that doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to recruiting. The biggest factor is location - we don't have it.

Well, I blame you and other posters like you for being so negative even before seeing these kids play.

Kipp Adams@KippLAdams
Barring any #signingday surprises #UGA is done for 2013: 32 commits, 14 in ESPN 300 & 5 in ESPN 150 http://es.pn/npu2G5

Sick.

So who gets kicked out?

A&M has 32 as well.

It depends on a number of things. Number of guys that enrolled at semester, those guys count on last years total, medical hardships (that the SEC really has been taking advantage of), new recruits being told sorry we don't have room for you after signing day and uperclassmen that don't play being told thanks for the last 1,2,3 years but you no longer have a full ride.

Bazata signs letter-of-intent to play at Iowa

From article:

"I think it's just going to take kids who want to work hard," he said. "I think it would be cool to be a part of that — getting back to 10-win seasons."

The continuity on the Iowa staff — five of the Hawkeyes' primary coaches have been with the Hawkeyes for at least 14 years — was also a big draw for Bazata, who had a scholarship offer from South Dakota State and received interest from Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State, Michigan and Minnesota.

Constantly? I don't think that's true. But look at it from another perspective. Indiana beat us out for a kid. That kid was from Indiana. That happens all the time, to all schools. Rucker chose Iowa over Minny. He is from Minny. Are we on their level? No but we are trying very hard to get there.

What you pay a damn coach has nothing to do with the situation. Are you stupid? At all. This program makes a ton of money - that doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to recruiting. The biggest factor is location - we don't have it. Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska.

Amara Darboh and Adrian Arrington both say hello.

Latest posts