::sigh:: just thumb me down here

IowaHOCKS23

I was talking to someone today who said that players aren't in to the system, there are multiple playing that "just want to remain uninjured to make it out of the program". There will be some BIG names leaving, and a lot of it has to do with promises made, and not kept by a couple coaches.

The overall feeling is they want to win, but don't care whether they do or dont.

I didn't get any really solid commitment to "THE" problem, but some players are feeling like certain things are done in certain ways that prevent progress. Best players not playing for "insanely stupid minor things" in practice.

Parents of a couple players are making moves on behalf of their kids, talking to other schools. In one instance, despite the kids wishes.

like the title says, just throw your thumbs downs at me, but this is all very credible.

Next season will bring A LOT of new faces.

:-/

I was talking to someone today who said that players aren't in to the system, there are multiple playing that "just want to remain uninjured to make it out of the program". There will be some BIG names leaving, and a lot of it has to do with promises made, and not kept by a couple coaches.

The overall feeling is they want to win, but don't care whether they do or dont.

I didn't get any really solid commitment to "THE" problem, but some players are feeling like certain things are done in certain ways that prevent progress. Best players not playing for "insanely stupid minor things" in practice.

Parents of a couple players are making moves on behalf of their kids, talking to other schools. In one instance, despite the kids wishes.

like the title says, just throw your thumbs downs at me, but this is all very credible.

Does Iowa even have any big names? CJ? Daniels? Most of our biggest names are playing, and are upperclassmen. Just typical frustration after a loss, probably.....no one likes losing.

IowaHOCKS23,

I am not familiar with your work. Please give us an idea of your relationship to the University of Iowa football program and an indication as to why you believe the information conveyed in your post is credible and accurate.

Thank you.

Last season I said Scherff was coming back, and Beathard was leaving.

There are others on this board who will tell you that Beathard was ready to leave, and was all but promised a starting job by the coach.

I also gave my sources for that info to Jon Miller at the recent tailgate.

I believe that HOCKS probably believes the information to be credible, but given the timing/context I am choosing to take this information very lightly (and would encourage everyone else to do the same).

Cant say I'd be sad to find out it was true - for some reason, player retention (a lack thereof) seems to be a key trigger for regime change.

I can't argue with the timing being suspect. I can tell you that I've been sitting on this for a few weeks though. The timing of the board posting is my decision, as I believe if things continue, it'll start coming from others as well on other websites.. So you guys may as well get it first. I had originally intended on waiting until the end of the season like I did last year.

pretty big self debate on this believe it or not lol.

The only time I have ever had a legit scoop on something, I ran & posted it on Kakerts site (this was back in 03 or 04 - cant remember). Found out on Friday night our kicker (either kaeding or schlicher, cant remember) was going to be out and - like a little dork - I couldn't wait to break the story. My poast was down in literally a matter of minutes. If it was up for more than 10, I'd be shocked.

Sure enough, flip on the game coverage the next AM & they are all talking about the kicker being out.

Ask yourselves this question. If you were a wide receiver, how long would it take you to quit running routes at 100% if you were constantly getting open and not getting the ball. It would be incredibly frustrating and there is a breaking point for everyone. I'm not even saying it has happened yet, I'm just saying there is definitely that danger.

I know of certain players injuries and dings every week. A pretty significant player lol. I would never post something that, if found, could contribute to an opponents preparation.

I know of certain players injuries and dings every week. A pretty significant player lol. I would never post something that, if found, could contribute to an opponents preparation.

Just out of curiosity, does your source know you post here? Just wondering if he would be so open with you if he know the risk of you making things so public.

I spent some time with Fran this summer and he said allot of things I would like to share on here. He spoke so openly about everything but I don't know if he would have if he knew I posted on a message board. I kinda wish I would have asked him if there was anything he said that he didn't want shared.

Just out of curiosity, does your source know you post here? Just wondering if he would be so open with you if he know the risk of you making things so public.

I spent some time with Fran this summer and he said allot of things I would like to share on here. He spoke so openly about everything but I don't know if he would have if he knew I posted on a message board. I kinda wish I would have asked him if there was anything he said that he didn't want shared.
Is he happy with the height you are keeping the grass?

Just kidding PC.

If that's supposed to be some sort of sexual joke it's stupid.... Fran is way out of my league.

What?! EEEWWWW!

Not to speak or apologize for Plastic but I took it to imply you cut Fran's grass. As in, literally, mow his lawn, not some euph for MANBLA speak. Thus having some personal connection to Fran on a fairly regular basis.

However, I know what a burden juicy tidbits can become, PC. If you ever need to spill the beans, confidentially, of course, just type FSBEO (For StillBuster Eyes Only) before you post and no one else will open the thread, promise!;)

What?! EEEWWWW!

Not to speak or apologize for Plastic but I took it to imply you cut Fran's grass. As in, literally, mow his lawn, not some euph for MANBLA speak. Thus having some personal connection to Fran on a fairly regular basis.

However, I know what a burden juicy tidbits can become, PC. If you ever need to spill the beans, confidentially, of course, just type FSBEO (For StillBuster Eyes Only) before you post and no one else will open the thread, promise!;)

Yep. Your theory is way less gross than mine. What's MANBLA though?

If you're asking if they say "hey, I'm going to give you this, go spread the word" then no. If you're asking if they'd be upset that I shared this... Then no.

Latest posts