Siena Searching For New Coach

Think they give Andrew Francis a look?

Think he gives them a look back if they are interested?
^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^ would not be good for the Hawks. But it would be great for AF. I hope Iowa can keep the coaching staff together for another year or two.

GO HAWKS!!!

EDIT - In skimming the article, it looks like Sienna may not want AF as he would be part of the 'Fran McCaffery Era'. From the article:
The firing of Buonaguro and graduation of senior O.D. Anosike mean the book officially is closed on the Fran McCaffery era. There will be no more links to the three-time MAAC champions, which is a plus for the next coach. He starts with the slate clean. The bar has been reset.
Now .. That doesn't mean the wouldn't hire AF, but my reading is that they may want to divest themselves from anything Fran related.

Last edited:
Would Buonaguro come to Iowa eventually?
I wonder how much longer Speraw will stay at Iowa. The Hawkeyes are pretty lucky to have a guy of his level as an assistant coach.

Personally, I hope Speraw stays at Iowa for the foreseeable future, he's a terrific coach.

I wonder how much longer Speraw will stay at Iowa. The Hawkeyes are pretty lucky to have a guy of his level as an assistant coach.

Personally, I hope Speraw stays at Iowa for the foreseeable future, he's a terrific coach.
xactly I thought he was terrific coach , I would love to keep him around!

I would be more worried about the coaching staff losing some members after we make our deep NCAA tourney run next season.

I was wondering what the likely hood of buonaguro ending up an assistant at iowa was? Sounds like he was good for fran at sienna. And we have guys like speraw and francis who might look for hc jobs. I think if we lose someone buonaguro will be on speed dial.

My only argument on AF v KS is that AF is younger. It might be a draw for someone looking for the young "lightning in a bottle" coach.

GO HAWKS!!!

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^ would not be good for the Hawks. But it would be great for AF. I hope Iowa can keep the coaching staff together for another year or two.

GO HAWKS!!!

EDIT - In skimming the article, it looks like Sienna may not want AF as he would be part of the 'Fran McCaffery Era'. From the article:
The firing of Buonaguro and graduation of senior O.D. Anosike mean the book officially is closed on the Fran McCaffery era. There will be no more links to the three-time MAAC champions, which is a plus for the next coach. He starts with the slate clean. The bar has been reset.
Now .. That doesn't mean the wouldn't hire AF, but my reading is that they may want to divest themselves from anything Fran related.

I'm not so sure - it sounds to me more like trying to put a positive spin on the Fran era being gone. Basically saying the bar has been lowered to more realistic expectations, so there is less pressure on the new guy. If Fran had left the program in shambles or on probation or something, that would be a completely different story.

I'm not so sure - it sounds to me more like trying to put a positive spin on the Fran era being gone. Basically saying the bar has been lowered to more realistic expectations, so there is less pressure on the new guy. If Fran had left the program in shambles or on probation or something, that would be a completely different story.

yeah, they better be realistic. 3 straight NCAA tourneys with 2 wins, every Iowa fan i know would take that right now!

I don't see any coaches leaving this year. There is just too much potential for a good season next year to help them boost their career opportunities if they do indeed intend to leave.

I don't see any coaches leaving this year. There is just too much potential for a good season next year to help them boost their career opportunities if they do indeed intend to leave.

Rationally speaking, I think you are absolutely correct regarding the benefits of a good season on an assistant's career opportunities...

...In practice however, you are going to find very, very few assistant coaches w/head coaching career aspirations who are going to say "thanks but no thanks" to a head coaching opportunity.

IIRC his daughter should have a couple years left at Iowa. Hopefully he stays on at least passed that.

Latest posts