Sickening comments by Clayborn.

Does Ferentz really need to do much work motivating these kids? These kids are getting a free education, they play D1 football in a BCS conference, and they're not motivated to play? Something doesn't make sense here.

I wonder if that S T has ever come out of the mouth of any of Tressel's players? They just win and expect to win. Of course their coaches put them in a position to make plays...unlike ours.

So Scatman you always give 100% at work just because you are paid? You don't know human nature dude.

He should've gone pro last year. Suck it up. He's been dogging it the last few games, and if it is an injury get the heck off the field.

Salary is NEVER the primary motivator..it's up to the coaches to find out what it is for each kid. His harness on DJK was not productive as Jon has stated.

But you are getting paid to perform at work correct? Or are you one of the out of work types that sucks tax dollars from teh rest of us?

I've said it before on this board and I'll say it again......this team has no emotional leaders. There's nothing bad about taking a "business-like" approach to your program as Mr. Ferentz does but you also need emotional leaders during the season.....today's game is an excellent example.

I see no emotional leaders in this coaching staff or on the field, someone with some fire and brimstone to ignite some emotions at critical junctures in the season or in specific games. We have team captains but I'm not seeing any of them as vocal leaders. More importantly I'm not seeing it in any of the coaching staff.

When they showed the sideline shots after Coker fumbled or even when MN went in for the go ahead score they all (staff and players) sat around with an empty look on their face. Where is the emotion on the staff to try to fire up these kids? It's been this way most of the season......the business-like approach only. Ferentz needs to recognize this as a more important part of being a successful program than what he seems to be giving it in my opinion.

But you are getting paid to perform at work correct? Or are you one of the out of work types that sucks tax dollars from teh rest of us?

Yes I have a job. It's a little different though when your job is to throw a football around. If Adrian Clayborn isn't motivated, it's as much his fault as anyone else's.

Agreed but it's not as simple as you get a scholarship and that's it....people don't work like that.

Clayborn cost himself millions of dollars this year with his performance. Kiper does not even have him in his top ten anymore. I saw a man quit and not have the will to compete anymore after the Wisconsin game. Most of the Northwestern game his hands were on his hips. Not sure how the NFL will take to a player like this. Can you say Albert Hayneswoth!!

Clayborn's stock is dropping right now. The key word is right now, come NFL Combine time AC will dial it up and raise that stock back up. He will be a Top 10 maybe Top 5 pick when it all shakes out.

Sad that it appears he's quit.

Clayborn cost himself millions of dollars this year with his performance. Kiper does not even have him in his top ten anymore. I saw a man quit and not have the will to compete anymore after the Wisconsin game. Most of the Northwestern game his hands were on his hips. Not sure how the NFL will take to a player like this. Can you say Albert Hayneswoth!!

He's no haynesworth.

Then the players should be ashamed and KF should open up every position for reassessment including his coaching staff.

If you've ever been an athlete and/or coach, when a player says this the perception and maybe the reality is the coaching staff has lost that athlete i.e. the team.

This one statement, as spoken by John through Rob Howe, is a huge problem for me as a fan. It is a quote from a senior that better not be overlooked for the future of the program.

I guess they felt like 12 games was just too long for a season. I think we should just pass on the bowl bid. I thought maybe Sash could have been the emotional leader but that obviously didn't happen either.

Don't jump on Clayborn. He is just telling it like it is. It is foolish for him to say anything else if it isn't true. I believe that the coaching staff is to blame. It is up to them to keep the players up and positive. This team is an outstanding team, but the psychological part of it is very important. If you lose your will to win and lose your confidence, you will not play very well. This attitude is catching. It spreads through the team. This mentality affects the execution of the plays.

I partially agree with this post. While it is sickening, at least someone is willing to say what is on their mind instead of the coach speak that Ferentz throws out there. Also, Reisner I believe said that something was amiss with the team and that they beat themselves today. Glad to hear a player say that as in reality Minnesota shouldn't have been within 20 points of this team. Don't candy coat it, just say it.

Latest posts