Sickening comments by Clayborn.

Then the players should be ashamed and KF should open up every position for reassessment including his coaching staff.

Agree. Pretty disappointing to hear that comment. We want to hammer the coaches but some of the seniors should be stepping up to lead this team and not let that happen. It showed on the field. We did not look inspired. We looked like we were going through the motions.

I agree with the poster in another thread who said to sit all the seniors except DJK and Klug for the bowl game. Let the guys who want to get after it play.

whatever clayborn. the most competitive thing I have going these days is fantasy football and my company basketball league and I never lose the will to win even in those pathetic endeavors.

You lost the will to play hard so you wouldn't get injured and jeopardize your payday.

I think they mailed it in after BCS was out of the question and for sure after big 10 title was flushed down the will you know.

Not the same team we saw destroy a very talented Ga. Tech team just 10 months ago! What the hell happened.

The thing is that they were FLAT against IU and NW and the Big Ten Championship was within their control. They didn't play like it in either game and that is troubling.

iahawk72

I think they mailed it in after BCS was out of the question and for sure after big 10 title was flushed down the will you know.

Not the same team we saw destroy a very talented Ga. Tech team just 10 months ago! What the hell happened.

I saw a few people not playing with a lot of will this game but not everyone. Looked like Clayborn just stopped rushing after the QB a few times and just literally stood there. Klug, Binns, DJK, McNutt, and Morris definitely looked like they were playing with some will out there today.

I'm not sure what that even means? You just don't give a bleep anymore? How did this program get to this point?

Don't jump on Clayborn. He is just telling it like it is. It is foolish for him to say anything else if it isn't true. I believe that the coaching staff is to blame. It is up to them to keep the players up and positive. This team is an outstanding team, but the psychological part of it is very important. If you lose your will to win and lose your confidence, you will not play very well. This attitude is catching. It spreads through the team. This mentality affects the execution of the plays.

His quote is just as disgusting as his missed tackle on Weber's toss throwback run. The kid should have seriously been carted off the field on a stretcher, but Clayborn missed the tackle and he actually gained 3 yards. Against Denard Robinson, I can understand missing the tackle, Weber...uh no!

Seriously, how do you lose to Minnesota, unless you simply don't show up to play the game. I have read post after post blaming the coaches, but you know what, the players play the game. The coaches are responsible for accountability, but when it is captains that are packing it in, you are handcuffed as a coach.
I think this will be the most stressful off-season for KF, what does he do with each of his coordinators? I love Norm Parker, but if his health continues to be a question mark, when is it time? Ken O'Keefe has been there from day one, but Iowa is due for a makeover in game planning, I don't think getting rid of KOK is the answer, but where is Chuck Long and bring him back.
Offensively, Iowa needs to get the best players on the field at all times, if that is 3 TE's and no fullback and one WR, so be it. If it is 3 WR's, 1 TE and a FB, so be it.
Defensively, get out of the base defense, when teams spread Iowa out and they don't change their LB's are not good enough to cover the slot WR's.

I'm not sure what that even means? You just don't give a bleep anymore? How did this program get to this point?

By having a coach who doesnt care. The players take after the head coach. The players see the coach dead with no emotion and no motivation guess what they are going to play the same way. Even Joe Pa's 90 year old *** can get fired up.

I posted a thread before the tOSU game with a quote from someone on the team that said they were ready to get drafted and done with it, I was immediately berated by many of you.

you asked for a "source". well, here it is

Latest posts