SIAP: Soup to be OC at EMU?

This. Campbell leaving is a step back for the program.

It's really not. Nor is it going to fix everything. But he wasn't some elite recruiter, some former players I have spoken with in the last month like him but don't rave about him as a teacher of the game and football people I know and trust who attend several practices per year met with the news of Campbell's departure in a positive vein.

There would also be some who feel similarly about Lester Erb.

It's really not. Nor is it going to fix everything. But he wasn't some elite recruiter, some former players I have spoken with in the last month like him but don't rave about him as a teacher of the game and football people I know and trust who attend several practices per year met with the news of Campbell's departure in a positive vein.

As well as Eric Johnson and Darrel Wilson

This is good too...

So what does it say about Kirk that he routinely hires and surrounds himself with coaches that are not thought of as particularly good recruiters or teachers of the game? Erb has been here for what, 14 seasons now? Wasn't Wilson let go by Alvarez at Wisconsin before he came here? The whole Kaz fiasco which had a TERRIBLE impact on the program? And why would people have confidence in his ability to rectify these mistakes with better hires, especially after the epic failure of Greg Davis? It's looking more and more like Kirk is just completely clueless with all aspects of this program.

So what does it say about Kirk that he routinely hires and surrounds himself with coaches that are not thought of as particularly good recruiters or teachers of the game? Erb has been here for what, 14 seasons now? Wasn't Wilson let go by Alvarez at Wisconsin before he came here? The whole Kaz fiasco which had a TERRIBLE impact on the program? And why would people have confidence in his ability to rectify these mistakes with better hires, especially after the epic failure of Greg Davis? It's looking more and more like Kirk is just completely clueless with all aspects of this program.

Kurt probably has trouble putting his pants on by himself. He's a complete disaster, wholly incapable of doing any task with a modicum of competency.

Joe Philbin does not count for sure.

It is really funny too -- because people were calling for his head the first two years he was at Iowa.

Plus I just love people who call one year outcomes 'epic' . Time horizons for these folks are apparently measured in seconds.

Joe Philbin does not count for sure. It is really funny too -- because people were calling for his head the first two years he was at Iowa.Plus I just love people who call one year outcomes 'epic' . Time horizons for these folks are apparently measured in seconds.
So he he's had a couple of great assistants out of the dozens he's had on staff over the years, one of whom is arguable more responsible for Iowa's success over the last 14 years than even KF himself (Norm Parker). Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while. And if you can't see the historically inept offense from last year as anything other than the epic failure of Greg Davis you are a complete and total moron that knows less about football than a mildly ******** gerbil.

So he he's had a couple of great assistants out of the dozens he's had on staff over the years, one of whom is arguable more responsible for Iowa's success over the last 14 years than even KF himself (Norm Parker). Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while. And if you can't see the historically inept offense from last year as anything other than the epic failure of Greg Davis you are a complete and total moron that knows less about football than a mildly ******** gerbil.

This is funny how you contradict yourself and even more funny when you do not realize it. You make the generalization that KF is clueless in ALL aspects ... but then compliment him on some good hires. Well done Socrates.

Anyway you know what they say about weak minds and name calling.

Epic = ONE YEAR NOW. In the words of your generation .... HILARIOUS!

History measured in nano seconds by the new generation of Iowa football fans! Brave New World!

If Soup was such a highly thought of coach then he would be landing a high profile asst job at a major BCS school. Reportedly he's been looking around since the end of the season, and if an asst job at Eastern Michigan is the best he can get, then I think that points to the caliber of coach he is.

LOL you make it sound like hes going to be the OC's personal ball washer.

This is funny how you contradict yourself and even more funny when you do not realize it. You make the generalization that KF is clueless in ALL aspects ... but then compliment him on some good hires. Well done Socrates. Anyway you know what they say about weak minds and name calling.Epic = ONE YEAR NOW. In the words of your generation .... HILARIOUS!History measured in nano seconds by the new generation of Iowa football fans! Brave New World!
You have no idea what generation I'm from, dumb*ss. What we do know is that you possess the basic football intellect of a slow 2nd grader. Try watching a game sometime and then asking an adult or older child for help in understanding what's going on.

Is there not a rule against calling people names on this board. I have only been on a couple weeks but I see it all the time. It makes it tough to have good adult conversation

Is there not a rule against calling people names on this board. I have only been on a couple weeks but I see it all the time. It makes it tough to have good adult conversation

That rule applies to everyone but Steamin' Willie Beamen, cuz he keeps the ladies screamin, and apparently everything he says has true meanin'.

Based on his screen name I'd say he's in his late 20's... given the Any Given Sunday reference. He's also incredibly annoying because he has that "I'm right, you're wrong, and you're a dumb#ss mentality". Which doesn't add much to the discussion.

Being reported that Campbell is being considered for vacancy on the U of Missouri staff for WR coach. Stated that they thought he had already had an interview.

You have no idea what generation I'm from, dumb*ss. What we do know is that you possess the basic football intellect of a slow 2nd grader. Try watching a game sometime and then asking an adult or older child for help in understanding what's going on.

Alt detected...

That rule applies to everyone but Steamin' Willie Beamen, cuz he keeps the ladies screamin, and apparently everything he says has true meanin'.

Based on his screen name I'd say he's in his late 20's... given the Any Given Sunday reference. He's also incredibly annoying because he has that "I'm right, you're wrong, and you're a dumb#ss mentality". Which doesn't add much to the discussion.

Or he could be that sports radio guy that was fired a couple years ago... wasn't that his MO? Going nuts over stupid stuff?

Agreed LASBUR. It is pointless, people can disagree without calling names.

Steamin Willie Beaman in the movie was awesome though, he made that movie. That and Jessie from Saved by the Bell being a hooker was good too.

Three things about Campbell lead me to believe that Iowa fans were enamored with him no matter what he did. He was young and black, so people (like Rittenberg obviously) just assumed he could recruit. He came from Michigan. He has the adorable little "Soup" nickname. Without these things, I bet fans would have been calling for his head all season.

You have to admit, downfield blocking by WRS improved--nay, became a known concept--under Campbell. No disputing that.

That said, my guess is he and English are good enough friends that it was an offer he felt he couldn't pass up.

And frankly, NOTHING was going to help the 2012 offense, short of nuclear fallout on our opponents' campuses two days before each of the respective games. Even then, 50-50 we still don't put up points those games...

Latest posts