SIAP Kirk to team at half

RoseBowlBound

According to a few sources Ive seen, kirk told the whole team to leave if they didn't want to be there, and that this wasn't hawkeye football. Bigach and Boffeli also said it was the maddest they had ever seen him.

They started the Hawkeye Huddle off with that clip.
I was surprised to hear it. It was directed to those that may have quit, or were playing with a lack of effort.
I didn't see it when I was there, but will look when I watch the recording. Did anyone else see this?

Hey coach, make some gosh darn changes to the scheme then! What you're doing obviously isn't working. JV still threw a pass short of the marker on that critical 4th down, the receiver still ran a route that was too short, and then the defenses that were called allowed purdue to get in scoring range and win the game. Perhaps a big part of the reason the kids are playing like crap is because they feel that no matter how hard they play they aren't going to win.

Ferentz should have said that after the 1st half at Soldier Field. Who knows maybe he did. If this is the first time he got pist, the guy has a high tolerence for inept play.

Let's face it Purdue isn't a good team and Iowa let Purdue have their way. just wow.

What is SIAP? I'm confused, if h he said this at halftime, how was it at the Hawkeye Huddle?

What is SIAP? I'm confused, if h he said this at halftime, how was it at the Hawkeye Huddle?

The Golden Harvest Hawkeye Huddle. The call in radio show on AM600. I hope that was a real question, not a slight on me

The Golden Harvest Hawkeye Huddle. The call in radio show on AM600. I hope that was a real question, not a slight on me

No, I thought the Hawkeye Huddle, which are Iowa's pep rally's at away games. So that's what confused me, , I didn't understand how half time comments could be at a hawkeye Huddle which are held before away games.

Not a slight, I generally don't insult people on here. I play with some when they make disparaging remarks about the Veteran's ceremony at today's game (I found the remarks to be in poor judgement) But I don't even know you, and just misunderstood.

What's that phrase? You know the one that applies to almost everything KFz does. Oh, I go it.

Too little.... too late.

No, I thought the Hawkeye Huddle, which are Iowa's pep rally's at away games. So that's what confused me, , I didn't understand how half time comments could be at a hawkeye Huddle which are held before away games.

Not a slight, I generally don't insult people on here. I play with some when they make disparaging remarks about the Veteran's ceremony at today's game (I found the remarks to be in poor judgement) But I don't even know you, and just misunderstood.

It's all good.
I usually listen to the GHHawkeye Huddle on my way home after the games (when the wife lets me, that is). Elgin and Hughes are on it, and both were disappointed with the sound clip, as well as a couple different players saying (in post game interviews) that effort wasn't there in the first half.
That and along with what Bigach said, I'm really interested to watch the recording of today's game.

I was curious if anyone else noticed it.

Well, it makes sense. I mean we knew that THIS year was going to be bad before LAST year started and the coaches did nothing to upgrade the talent or change the system to best overcome the team's weaknesses. And by the way KF talks in pressers, it doesn't seem like there is any particular urgency to get better.

We all see it, you think the players can't?

And um, KF, define "dog crap" team for us. Because I am pretty sure most people who paid hundreds and perhaps thousands of dollars for tickets and drive for several hours to watch this team play, probably would be okay with that term to describe the product on the field.

This is by far the least fun I've had as an Iowa fan in my life. At least when KF started we were supposed to suck. And in Fry's last year, it was kind of a lame duck season, plus I was 11 or 12.

Ferentz football has always been god awful boring - it was just bearable 10 years ago when he won consistently...

now its just sooooo bad.... and boring...

Ferentz football has always been god awful boring - it was just bearable 10 years ago when he won consistently...

now its just sooooo bad.... and boring...

Which is why it's such an apt comparison to Lickliter ball. When he was winning at Butler, it was the "Butler Way." When he didn't get it done here, it was just...ugly.

I feel like we hired Lickliter because of the way Ferentz was/is. Another reason to be frustrated with Ferentz

"YOU DUMB MEATHEADS ARE PUTTING MY SALARY IN JEOPARDY!! GET OUT OF HERE IF YOU THINK YOU CAN PICK MY POCKET AND GET AWAY WITH IT!!11!"

Latest posts