SIAP - Howe throws one up and in.

Rob Howe is a JOKE. The guy reports on Norm retiring... false, AJ Derby to linebacker... bout a year early, and DJK getting blackballed... false. Even in this stupid piece of trash article he says we played two cream puffs, yeah so did 99% of the NCAA. Alabama just scheduled one last week.

I'm not sure what all the negativism on this board accomplishes. Does this board want a new coach? It is not going to happen so long as Ferentz leads them to bowl games. Sorry, but it is not happening.If Iowa goes 5-7 next year, then you might have a shot.Why not support this year's team and get excited about the bowl game? I'm sorry, but I just don't get it. We look like a bunch of spoiled fans (which I really think we are).

You can still support the team, yet give criticism. It can be done. Not everyone has to sip the kool aid or follow Ferentz and company blindly. There are legit problems and concerns that we have now seen for the past two years. Heck, a lot of coaches could get to 7 wins at Iowa. Win 4 weak non conference games and then win 3 or 4 conference games and there you are.

Howe may be a joke but at least he has the balls to speak his mind unlike most of the softball tossing, yes man media in the state.

Why can't Minnesota win 7; or Indiana? Or purdue? Year in and year out? Iowa has only had two years in 10 they did not have 7+ wins. Sorry, but that brings a smile to my face

Rob Howe is a JOKE. The guy reports on Norm retiring... false, AJ Derby to linebacker... bout a year early, and DJK getting blackballed... false. Even in this stupid piece of trash article he says we played two cream puffs, yeah so did 99% of the NCAA. Alabama just scheduled one last week.

Isn't it nice that you can hide behind a screenname.:D

Why can't Minnesota win 7; or Indiana? Or purdue? Year in and year out? Iowa has only had two years in 10 they did not have 7+ wins. Sorry, but that brings a smile to my face

I wish being better than the worse teams in the conference was enough for me. I guess if you go through life with low expectations you can never be that disappointed.

Minnesota pretty much was doing that, then they fired Mason.:p excluding years 1 and 2 Mason average 7.3 wins a year his last 8 years at Minnesota and went to bowls 7 out of those 8 years.

Isn't it nice that you can hide behind a screenname.:D

Who wants to meet me? Ill buy the drinks, just make sure your an actual hawk fan.

I don't bash anyone that doesn't have it coming. If Suh acts like a punk, I'll post he's a punk. If JVB is inconsistent, I'll post he's inconsistent. Etc, etc. Rob Howe's journalism is a joke, I do give him kudos for writing consistent garbage and having guts to show up at Iowa City and show his face to team...

Minnesota pretty much was doing that, then they fired Mason.:p excluding years 1 and 2 Mason average 7.3 wins a year his last 8 years at Minnesota and went to bowls 7 out of those 8 years.

Nice response to a dumb @ss post - I would just add Joe Tiller did the same damn thing at Purdue.

I tend to agree.

Iowa will, I think, have the 6th best record in the conference this year. It's been a tough year, but 6 teams will be below Iowa.

I personally think that there were a couple of years of sub par recruiting, and we're seeing that on the field. The last couple recruiting classes were a bit better (last year's class was good). I have some faith that Iowa will be better next year, and I'm okay with that.

Having said that, I'm not sure the talent level is all that bad now. After watching some games today (and all of those games had mobile quarterbacks), I'm not sure that JVB gets it done. His stats are good, but he doesn't appear to be a Stanzi. More like a McCann with better mechanics. I hope that he has a great year next year, and Iowa can get to a big bowl.

I'm tired of the whining.

I am not sure what the rules are about posting to a competitors site

That's one of the things I most looked forward to leaving the subscription world. If someone likes something someone else has written elsewhere, and as long as its a free article, link away. I don't really see anyone as a competitor.

Howe may be a joke but at least he has the balls to speak his mind unlike most of the softball tossing, yes man media in the state.

I'm sorry, but media reports news...Howe just put out his opinion and that is not news. He is trying to sensationalize and bring attention to himself and his site in my opinion.

I am not happy about how our season ended, but I also understand how easy it is to underperform and lose confidence. I am also not going to say that some things do not need to be changed, but you are fooling yourself if you think Kirk, the assistants, and the players are going to just sit back and drink sweet ice tea all offseason. They will be looking at making changes, improving, getting stronger and better.

That was actually a rather poor article by Rob and I usually like him. He doesn't seem to like Ferentz a whole lot and I'm sure the DJK tussle they got into has something to do with it.

He intentionally wrote an entirely inaccurate statement just to make his story sound better. Namely he wrote:

"Yes, there's a bowl game to be played. That could be in Houston against somebody like Tulsa or SMU. Pretty exciting, huh."

He isn't that dumb. He knows the bowl in Houston is against a Big 12 team. And he knows Iowa won't fall to the Ticket City Bowl against the listed C-USA teams, but to say Iowa might play in Houston against Texas A&M doesn't sound so bad, so he intentionally mixes up the teams with the bowl game to make his story sound better. That's just bad journalism.

I'm sorry, but media reports news...Howe just put out his opinion and that is not news. He is trying to sensationalize and bring attention to himself and his site in my opinion.

I am not happy about how our season ended, but I also understand how easy it is to underperform and lose confidence. I am also not going to say that some things do not need to be changed, but you are fooling yourself if you think Kirk, the assistants, and the players are going to just sit back and drink sweet ice tea all offseason. They will be looking at making changes, improving, getting stronger and better.

He may sensationalize things however he gets press credentials just like anybody else in the media. And those credentials are handed out by the U. Scathing articles about the program don't really help when you call the AD for a press pass.

I tend to agree.

I I'm not sure that JVB gets it done. His stats are good, but he doesn't appear to be a Stanzi. More like a McCann with better mechanics. I hope that he has a great year next year, and Iowa can get to a big bowl.

I'm tired of the whining.

The McCann comparison might be a good one. I was thinking he was a bit like Chandler, but McCann seems to be a better call.

Howe's article wasn't a news article and I doubt he intended it to be so. It was an opinion piece imo. Nothing wrong with that. It will rub some the wrong way because it gives credence to the "non Ferentz" crowd. Some won't like that.

Where has that Minnesota move gotten them? Couple of solid years (shrugs shoulders), I do not want to struggle through any lean years. I think Ferentz will get a lickliter type of leash, 2-3 consecutive years of no postseason play- kick rocks.

But Ferentz has proven he will get 7-8 wins annually with a few sprinkled 9-10 win seasons. He gets Bowl wins for the traveling faithful- and that's successful.

Oh yeah, he has a great graduation rate & is a model citizen and a sculptor of young Men.

All of the things above are why he is our Coach, and the sZme can be said of our staff- great leaders of men!

Latest posts