SI Cover

Curses eh
ZbrcRFs.gif

It is incredible that any college graduate believes that a magazine cover can make a team lose.

Yea, this thread is full of seriousness. :rolleyes:

We are good because we have White Jesus leading the team.................oh wait............sorry, that's McCaffery.

We are good because we have Sunshine leading the team.

Resorting to punditocricy wasn't enough to get rid of Iowa, now you're left trying to conjure up jinxes to do the Hawks in? Not this year. Not this year.

First thought was oh no here we go again,my second thought was no way we let them take away our thunder. This team isn't done yet,on national tv after turkey day they will be ready to kick some butt.Go Hawks. 12-0 baby. I love it I love it

I can't even begin to tell you how relieved I will be if/when we beat Nebraska on Friday. Win or lose in the Big 10 championship game it would be capped off by a top tier bowl game or playoff appearance. Who in their right mind would have thought that back in August???

I can't even begin to tell you how relieved I will be if/when we beat Nebraska on Friday. Win or lose in the Big 10 championship game it would be capped off by a top tier bowl game or playoff appearance. Who in their right mind would have thought that back in August???

AIRBHG

Rumor is he moved down here to Georgia and took out their all everything running back. He and the devil and partnering up with ESPN and doing what ever they can to help the Alabama incestrialites. :)

I have to agree with this sentiment...will be huge win in Nebby...there are some obstacles and plenty of pundits out there to say we don't do it, but Nebby is 5-6 for a reason.

Also, did E$PN buy SI? It's not like they couldn't of waited until we were B1G or Nat'l Champs first. However, we will beat the jinx, just like the Royals did....GoHawks!

In all seriousness, what an AWESOME picture! It's almost as if the photographer was right next to him celebrating the TD. What I wouldn't give to be George running into the end zone at Kinnick and having 70K+ Hawk fans screaming my name! MAXIMUS!! MAXIMUS!! MAXIMUS!! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!??

It's what I always dreamed about growing up in IC. Hell, I still do.

Aww, it's just a regional thing anyway. The national coverage is what counts as a jinx. Yes, I know we lost last time we were on the regional cover, but that was then. This is different...somehow...I hope.

Last time we were on the cover, we were undefeated and ranked #4. The cover story in 2009 was written by Albert Chen, who is also the author of this year's cover story.

Last time we were on the cover, we were undefeated and ranked #4. The cover story in 2009 was written by Albert Chen, who is also the author of this year's cover story.

Oh, thanks for making me feel better. :)

I guess we'll get to see the effect of the SI cover early. Since Cam Newton is on the national version we will see his 10-0 Carolina Panthers play the pathetic 2 win Cowboys on thanksgiving day. If Dallas beats that team......then the curse is on!

Latest posts