Shuffle the Staff

Obviously Brian is not an OC, he has less of a clue as QB coach. The O line is a mess too, partly due to the outdated scheme which Kirk continues to force but also the fact our O line coach is just not good. Move Brian to O line coach, yes a demotion, but Kirk can still pay him, which seems to be the goal. Find a new coach to come in and be OC, and look for a QB coach. Simple, you can save face saying Brian is not leaving, yet it is a well earned demotion. Kirk needs to let go of the offense, his 1990's concept is dead, we can't get receivers to come here, it is time for a change in philosophy.

images

And in that same illustrious year of 1963 with the invention of what would become the modern hula-hoop, a young 8 year old Kirk Ferentz began putting together the foundations of a zone blocking scheme and stretch offense to the short-side of the field.

He stored those early offensive sketches in his lunchbox. 1662938774407.png

Wouldnt yall miss stretch short-side if it were taken away? I can still remember that last Outback Bowl against FL where we had it close to the goal and BF called three straight stretch shorts into the boundary and they were ALL stuffed. LOL.

Obviously Brian is not an OC, he has less of a clue as QB coach. The O line is a mess too, partly due to the outdated scheme which Kirk continues to force but also the fact our O line coach is just not good. Move Brian to O line coach, yes a demotion, but Kirk can still pay him, which seems to be the goal. Find a new coach to come in and be OC, and look for a QB coach. Simple, you can save face saying Brian is not leaving, yet it is a well earned demotion. Kirk needs to let go of the offense, his 1990's concept is dead, we can't get receivers to come here, it is time for a change in philosophy.
this is nearly the same plan I posted on a different site. I would name Budmayr interim OC he knows the players and play book and has been an OC. Great minds think alike

KF needs to swallow his pride and bring in a proven O coordinator and give him the keys to the car, pertaining to the offense, and get out of the way. Let the guy do his thing.

John Beilein did that at Michigan. He realized his defense wasn't up to par and hired a defensive coach, and admittidly took himself out of the defense. They got much better with defense in the seasons after that time.

It would be hard for KF, but he just needs to do that. Obviously, football is complimentary among units, but they can gel that for the better of the team. They need to get to the top 50 in offense for this team.

They need to fire the new guy they brought in when O'Keefe left, move Brian to o-line and let O'Keefe run the offense and QBs.

Hell I'd take Greg Davis at this point.

No way. Never. Brian is better than him as an OC. He can get guys open, it's just the line and QB play is an unmitigated disaster. Davis's fucked up complex option route offense would seriously put us back 2 years.

Funniest part is that none of this os going to happen. Kirk is going to keep on putting Brian out there because he thinks none of it is his kid's fault, and Brian’s going to keep putting Petras out there because he thinks none of it is the QB’s fault.

As much as I’ve been in favor of keeping KF around, I’m starting to think that he maybe doesn’t give a shit and he’s doing this out of spite because people keep telling him he needs to change. Which is sad.

They need to fire the new guy they brought in when O'Keefe left, move Brian to o-line and let O'Keefe run the offense and QBs.
What's your take on KOK leaving? (Trolling aside for a minute). Older guy ready to be done? Or Brian chirping in his dad's ear that there was an issue with the QB coach and he that could improve things in that area if given the chance?

What's your take on KOK leaving? (Trolling aside for a minute). Older guy ready to be done? Or Brian chirping in his dad's ear that there was an issue with the QB coach and he that could improve things in that area if given the chance?
Not who you’re asking, but I have to believe part of it is seeing that there’s nothing anyone can do with Petras. He’s just that bad. If KOK saw that Kurt and Brain were stuck on Petras live or die, I’d probably want out too.

Not who you’re asking, but I have to believe part of it is seeing that there’s nothing anyone can do with Petras. He’s just that bad. If KOK saw that Kurt and Brain were stuck on Petras live or die, I’d probably want out too.
Yeah, good point. That actually seems likely. From what I remember, KOK was pushing hard for Stanzi over Christensen too.

.............and let's not forget Charlie Jones saw it and changed his course. He went thru spring and obviously saw the red flags. Boy, I feel bad about getting on his case for leaving at that time. Now I can totally understand it. Think about that, it is such a red flag

Kirk is a case of a guy who was (is) probably king too long. He's too comfortable and making decisions based on blockheadedness rather than being rational, and letting the ship sink out of pride.

He and Brian are essentially telling reporters to let the fans, players, and everyone else attached to the program to eat cake.

I kinda like the ring of Kirk Antionette.

I like to listen to opposing team broadcasts during the game. The ISU guys were quite gracious of Iowa. Frankly they were far better than the negative emotions and lack of real analysis that Iowa gets.

They pointed out repeated that Petras was throwing (being taught) to throw where the other team likely can't get to it. Kind of changed my perspective a bit. I don't think Petras is that bad (he looked off receivers in HS quickly) but he for sure is a Golden Retriever in personality and doing what is asked of him. I do believe though those making the request true nature is abuse.