Should He Stay or Should He Go? (My thoughts on Lickliter)

Nice article Stormin...

After reading it I had some thoughts about whether getting rid of Lick is the right step.

Even though we've been at the bottom of the barrel the last 3 yrs, we've also OVER performed based on what we have in talent.

Next year we're (Lick recruited) bringing in the best recruiting class we've had in 20 odd years. Imagine what we could be with this sort of talent?

I know it will ultimately come down to player/coach relationships and whether or not the transfers were a fluke or because of Lick. It obviously can't happen any longer, so if it does or there is a high chance, we've got to part ways.

Lick has the same chance of returning next season and he had at earning COY honors in the Big Ten this past season. :)

Nice article Stormin...

After reading it I had some thoughts about whether getting rid of Lick is the right step.

Even though we've been at the bottom of the barrel the last 3 yrs, we've also OVER performed based on what we have in talent.

Next year we're (Lick recruited) bringing in the best recruiting class we've had in 20 odd years. Imagine what we could be with this sort of talent?

I know it will ultimately come down to player/coach relationships and whether or not the transfers were a fluke or because of Lick. It obviously can't happen any longer, so if it does or there is a high chance, we've got to part ways.
Many coaches who have no COY awards would have won more games with the same players that Lick had over the last three years. Heck, some might have even tried a zone earlier than the last game.

And best recruiting class in 20 odd years? It's not even close to the Reiner,Worley, etc. class in national rankings.

Nice article Stormin...

Best recruiting class in 20 years? Ridiculous. I am not convinced it is as good as the 07 class of Kelly,Cole and Gary signed in November 2006. Or as good as the 06 class of Tyler Smith,all by himself. Definitely not as good as the class of Horner and Bru, or Pierce and Sommerville for 03 and 02. And of course the top 5 class of 01 is better. So to review, it is below the 07,06,03,02,01 classes in the last decade alone.

Nice article Stormin...

The best recruiting class in 20 years???? Was that a serious statement. I believe we will need these recruits to overachieve just to be .500. Just my belief but don't think this is the best recruiting class we have had in 20 years.

Latest posts