Shimonek

Word is yes, he's leaving. The depth chart doesn't look encouraging, and he wants to play for a more spread offense.

Can't blame him.

I've seen this reported on another site. They are saying that he is looking at options and will formally announce once he has a plan in place. Cannot confirm that any of this is true.

Few posts about it on Hawkeyeinsider. Man I thought this kid was Davis' boy and showing a lot. Thought I'd read last year that he was not that far behind Rudock and Beathard.

I think the only reason this would shock me is because this was Davis's recruit ... someone he wanted. But, can't blame a kid for wanting to get on the field and with the number of QBs seeking playing time ... it I think it was expected someone would end up leaving.

The kids better get used to heavy competition for playing time. We see it at running back, QB, kickers, receivers, and those who play in the offensive and defensive lines have recognized from Iowa's history that a year or maybe two getting lots of playing time at these positions is the norm. I really do think Iowa has ramped up the recruiting and we are seeing the effects. I hate to see good players transfer, but it is a reality. Or, he may have to wait his turn, compete, and not get passed up by underclassmen. Just sayin'.

QBs get recruited and piled up to allow for the weeding out process, and some will inevitably depart....it is just the way it is done these days. Iowa just has to hope the right guys stay. With Wiegers and Benveniti and the Dowling kid, along with CJ Beathard and Jake...we have them stacked up....someone has to go...I liked Nic from what I saw of him in the spring game and in that State Title game down in Texas....more physical tools than Jake Rudock.

Makes sense if he is. Can't blame him a bit. Unless a kid just absolutely loves everything about where he's at for a kid to go to school almost 1000 miles from home with little chance of playing is asking a lot. The problem is there isn't always greener pastures to go to playing time wise but at least it's closer to home. He sounds like a good kid hope he can get what he's after.

I am not saying it isn't true, but it seems like it is a rumor that each time it shows up on a site, the OP says he saw it on another site.

Wasn't this the guy who tweeted how he was gunning for Beathard and Ruddock when he first was coming to campus? He no gunnin no more?

I am not saying it isn't true, but it seems like it is a rumor that each time it shows up on a site, the OP says he saw it on another site.

this rumor was started on rivals board approx. a week ago by a guy asking if shimonek was transferring. guy asking question was from texas and reported following him in texas - guy was registered under 'orangebloods'. same guy later in thread confirmed the transfer and named Texas Tech as a possible landing spot. Subsequent to that thread, one showed up on scout, and now this website. The 'rumblings' are likely those two threads.

The HawkeyeReport head guy is saying he is expecting a word from Ferentz about it tomorrow afternoon when the media gets to talk a few select players. So with that said I would say the rumors sound true. Can't blame him. He's got two guys beating each other up in front of him and two 4* QBs behind him. Kind of stuck in tough spot.

The only thing it hurts is emergency depth in case Rudock and Beathard go down. Otherwise no big deal really.

The HawkeyeReport head guy is saying he is expecting a word from Ferentz about it tomorrow afternoon when the media gets to talk a few select players. So with that said I would say the rumors sound true. Can't blame him. He's got two guys beating each other up in front of him and two 4* QBs behind him. Kind of stuck in tough spot.
Who's the other 4 star besides Weigers?

Latest posts