Shimonek

Also I would through out the coaches wanting to switch Greene to defense and he was sitting behind 2 if not 3 other RB for a few years.

Also I would through out the coaches wanting to switch Greene to defense and he was sitting behind 2 if not 3 other RB for a few years.

Greene was behind other RB's (who were pretty talented) but still got touches early. In fact plenty of touches due to his ability. If you're suggesting he should have been the feature back early on due to the level of success he had as a junior, then I'd suggest you pull back on the reins. That's a big leap.

Greene was behind other RB's (who were pretty talented) but still got touches early. In fact plenty of touches due to his ability. If you're suggesting he should have been the feature back early on due to the level of success he had as a junior, then I'd suggest you pull back on the reins. That's a big leap.

Eda, I don't know that that is a very big leap at all. But as I recall, SG was having serious issues with grades. You may not want to build an offense around a guy that may be ineligible. By his JR season, it didn't matter cuz SG wasn't coming back for his SR year.

Eda, I don't know that that is a very big leap at all. But as I recall, SG was having serious issues with grades. You may not want to build an offense around a guy that may be ineligible. By his JR season, it didn't matter cuz SG wasn't coming back for his SR year.

SG also had blocking issues. In the World of KF, a RB who doesn't block well, stay on his blocks, etc., doesn't get as much PT as a RB who is an excellent blocker, as AY was.

He's not going to play at Texas Tech for a long while. They have young QbS and the guy who played in the bowl game was a freshman.

this rumor was started on rivals board approx. a week ago by a guy asking if shimonek was transferring. guy asking question was from texas and reported following him in texas - guy was registered under 'orangebloods'. same guy later in thread confirmed the transfer and named Texas Tech as a possible landing spot. Subsequent to that thread, one showed up on scout, and now this website. The 'rumblings' are likely those two threads.

First off, no one was clammoring for Greene to jump Young and Sims. He looked good in the time he got early on, but there's no way we can tell how ready Greene was 2 yrs before his big year. There were areas of his game that needed refined. Blocking (as someone stated), playbook, patience, ability to handle the workload physically, etc. In addition to the grades issue.

The original arguement was about younger players rotting on the bench while the less talented upperclassman would start ahead of them; simply for being upperclassmen.

First off, no one was clammoring for Greene to jump Young and Sims. He looked good in the time he got early on, but there's no way we can tell how ready Greene was 2 yrs before his big year. There were areas of his game that needed refined. Blocking (as someone stated), playbook, patience, ability to handle the workload physically, etc. In addition to the grades issue.

The original arguement was about younger players rotting on the bench while the less talented upperclassman would start ahead of them; simply for being upperclassmen.

Eda, I actually made two points: 1) SG being more talented than AY and Simms is not a leap of faith, 2) KF had good reason to NOT play SG over AY and Simms because of his academics. So, I actually agreed with your point.

Latest posts