Shall we rant or shall we cheer ? (ISU)

This game about killed me.
Frustrated beyond belief that our QB can overthrow multiple receivers on deep routes by 7-8 feet! Zero touch on his long balls, should be correctable, but KOK has his work cut out for him.
That said, call me impressed that our QB (with only one game under his belt) hung in there on the road and made the throws that count right when we needed them the most... + ZERO picks! That tells me he's a WINNER!
PS - God Bless Akrum Wadley!!
The man has thrown 8 TD passes in 2 games. I'm not too concerned about his deep ball at this point.

2-0

I will take it and run. The North Texas game will be ugly and boring, but it is exactly the game Iowa needs after what we saw today.

2-0

I will take it and run. The North Texas game will be ugly and boring, but it is exactly the game Iowa needs after what we saw today.
It's a "get healthy" game before start of B1G play. Should get some good in-game experience for more young players. Plus a chance for new OL to gel since it sounds like Boettger out for year with Achilles...

The man has thrown 8 TD passes in 2 games. I'm not too concerned about his deep ball at this point.
Cheer!

It's like every hater has got to go all CNN and be the first to point out the flaws -- most of which are obvious to everyone anyway.

I'm not opposed to talking about flaws but the self-loathing immediate following a victory .... over an in-state rival.
Sheeeesh

It's a "get healthy" game before start of B1G play. Should get some good in-game experience for more young players. Plus a chance for new OL to gel since it sounds like Boettger out for year with Achilles...
Achilles? Please no!

Last week Stanley's touch was great. A big armed kid like him I guess will have these long ball problems when Lord knows we have the fastest receiver's in the big 10 to help him out. I don't think you could of thrown any two better td passes than Van's and Smith's soooooo how bad did the 2nd game starting kid really do?

People are missing 3 key points on the overthrows

1) we actually threw 4-5 Deep shots
2) the receivers had separation and were open
3) Stanley had time even against blitzing

Keep throwing them....

And after a game with 3 turnovers, I'm sure ball security was on his mind and he over threw them all which at least doesn't create a chance for an INT like an under throw.

He has gotta hit those....given the way Iowa runs their offense it is a must......He got away with it today, in 2 weeks he will need to connect.
I agree, but he is missing where it can't be picked, so I give him a pass. Yes I know I said pass.

cyfans spent all game thread talking about the garbage, over rated defense of Iowa. We all know they didn't play well. cyfans are spending all post game talking about how great they played against a great Iowa defense. I'd rather be talking about what has to get better when we're 2-0 rather than trying to make things up in search of moral victories.

As far as Stanley goes the 6 overthrown deep balls he missed those by a mile. Take those away and he had a great game. Probably better qb performance than any last year. No doubt it's a drop off from a healthy CJ but 320 passing yards is nice to see in a Hawkeye game.
That's why they are Iowa State. Satisfied with losing.

This game about killed me.
Frustrated beyond belief that our QB can overthrow multiple receivers on deep routes by 7-8 feet! Zero touch on his long balls, should be correctable, but KOK has his work cut out for him.
That said, call me impressed that our QB (with only one game under his belt) hung in there on the road and made the throws that count right when we needed them the most... + ZERO picks! That tells me he's a WINNER!
PS - God Bless Akrum Wadley!!

The overthrows are nothing new to a young QB. I like the fact that he can at least get it down the field with a good arm. That QB prob had over 325 yrds, 5 TD's and 0 INT's today. I'll take it. He also threw for a very good % I believe. He brought the team back on the road in a rivalry game on the road. That is huge for his development.

I will cheer. I liked BF"s play calling, using plays and formations to set up another play, and balance. Nate Stanley, "gunslinger"?, kind of reminded me of Stanzi, not always pretty but a winner. Phil shower he is willing to get away from base defense and used nickel and dime coverage against a spread team, thank you. Over all good job by all and a victory.

Given that Stanley over threw the receivers just means that the receivers need to get a tad bit faster...lol I kid. But seriously... o line gave him enough time to get the ball down field and yes there was finally separation. Had this kid gotten a few more reps last year...those over thrown balls would have been touchdowns. Today, our secondary looked rough. Real rough. Next week we should be better. I am glad that we got the win. On to next week and hopefully another win!

Offensively I thought Brian called a good game except for a few run calls and Stanley played pretty well. Distributed the ball very well and we caught the ball well. Obviously defense didn't perform well in the secondary especially but to be honest ISU may have the best receiving group we see all year. Rivalry road game win I will take anytime

Latest posts